knock knock....
whos there?
its meeeeeee
me who?
weekend
who?
weekend without witcher
FFFFFUUUUU

And weekend is just about to begin without it..

I register to this forum only for this thread. I have the same problem, I did all side quests. Now game is over for me. My friend has also same problem too. I think this bug is not as rare as you think.
So Developers, Please Please solve this problem as quick as you can!!

Omg my map is so clean without any ''?''

omg omg I cant help ciri now, she will be dead when CDP will release the patch.

Well this patch didn't fix it. Devastated is not the word.
Not happy here either. I really wanted to play but I will lose too much progress if I go back to a prior save. I kept 2 saves alternating so I would not run into something like this but
did not expect to be stuck behind a locked door
. I just want to go back to killing monsters but I just cannot beat the everlasting load screen.

I can't believe they don't spit out 1.04.1 or something with nothing but a fix for the load screen freeze and the XP thing (which I seem to have been lucky with) while they work on 1.05. It is a MAJOR bug affecting many from every platform.

To those that are stuck though, go back to the gate at the bridge that is locked. If you are looking at the gate go to your right and go outside then just jump over the ledge and dive into the river and swim to the closest dock on the other side. Bam, you are out of the "locked area". You can then select another quest and move on. It doesn't fail the quest and they will let you back into the castle if you go back. That is what I have done and am just doing other quests until a fix for it is released.

I don't know if there are any consequences should you decide to finish the main quest without completing the bugged on though so definitely make a "hard save" just before it just in case there are consequences and you want to go back to it when it is fixed.

At least I'm not affected by the xp bug or the one from pyres of Novigrad, but I'm with this, after getting the SOB traitor infinite loading screen. Cerys side... Oh well time to check out Destiny while they solve this.

Guys, I thought I was completely f***ed, because the main quest and this side quest converged and so I couldn't progress. However, after going after some unexplored "?" in Skelige, I did actually reach the Isle of Mists and the game went forward. I kept a save for when they fix the bug to finish King's gambit but other than that, decided to screw it and just keep playing. So yea, you can go to the isle and continue the main story if you want.

Previously, I thought this is not possible, because while visiting some other island, I saw the quest tracker for main quest update, but couldn't really find anything on that island that would be related to the quest, so thought it was some bug. However, when you reach the correct island, the game will actually give you a popup asking if you want to proceed, because you're entering a point of no return.

All in all, since this is possible, I don't consider this bug to be game breaking and therefore start to understand why they are following their production schedule instead of jumping to 1.0.4.1 or whatever, just to fix this.

Do what I did and you can still have your WWW (weekend with witcher) :)

Guys, I thought I was completely f***ed, because the main quest and this side quest converged and so I couldn't progress. However, after going after some unexplored "?" in Skelige, I did actually reach the Isle of Mists and the game went forward. I kept a save for when they fix the bug to finish King's gambit but other than that, decided to screw it and just keep playing. So yea, you can go to the isle and continue the main story if you want.

Previously, I thought this is not possible, because while visiting some other island, I saw the quest tracker for main quest update, but couldn't really find anything on that island that would be related to the quest, so thought it was some bug. However, when you reach the correct island, the game will actually give you a popup asking if you want to proceed, because you're entering a point of no return.

All in all, since this is possible, I don't consider this bug to be game breaking and therefore start to understand why they are following their production schedule instead of jumping to 1.0.4.1 or whatever, just to fix this.

Do what I did and you can still have your WWW (weekend with witcher) :)

it IS game breaking.

Because now you cannot recruit some of the allies you might want to have ( esp for ps4 users who want the trophy)

It doesn't break the game to not have those allies. I know, because I've already passed that part. Achievement, yes. Game - no.

I am also stuck at the point of finding the traitor and this means i cannot complete the game. Seriously, you expect this sort of thing from ea sports but not cdprojecktred

---------- Updated at 01:31 PM ----------

It doesn't break the game to not have those allies. I know, because I've already passed that part. Achievement, yes. Game - no.
pedantics my friend, the game is open world and so the fact that this impacts on so many areas really does spoil the game.

It is game breaking when it prevents you to do a major quest that changes the ending and thé way you play when you want to do 100% of the game, forcing you to fail such important quest, that totally sucks and should be thé priority compared to thé XP bug that occurs only in some quests and doesnt prévention you to get XP otherwise or finish thé game how you want

So it's a matter of chosing the bigger issue to be resolved sooner. I aggree with that. I'm just saying that it's not the kind of game breaking bug that I thought originally, i.e one that does not allow you to progress further.

as far as the ending reprecutions:
the actual "ending" that you refer to (in context to this quest) is actually only a super short pencil animation of how things have gone with the elections and what have become of the chosen king. not really THAT impactful.

Top Bottom