[BUG] Stuck on loading screen at the end of King's Gambit quest

+
So far there is a work around for getting pass the bug, in the early stages of the Kings Gambit mission, when Lugos challenges you to a fist fight, you HAVE to win in order for the bug to not happen, you can reload and try again if you lose, sadly I fought Lugos long, long, ago, and for me to redo that would mean losing a lot of hours because I did a lot of main story quests in between, guess I'll have to wait another week and half or so for the next patch.

Source of the work around:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...camera-stutter-fix-asian-psn-issues-and-more/

So far there is a work around for getting pass the bug, in the early stages of the Kings Gambit mission, when Lugos challenges you to a fist fight, you HAVE to win in order for the bug to not happen, you can reload and try again if you lose, sadly I fought Lugos long, long, ago, and for me to redo that would mean losing a lot of hours because I did a lot of main story quests in between, guess I'll have to wait another week and half or so for the next patch.

Source of the work around:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...camera-stutter-fix-asian-psn-issues-and-more/

Week and Half!!!!?? What about on this wendsday?

Another victim of this nasty bug right here. I played many and many hours since fisfight with Lugos, so I hope patch will help, otherwise I dont know how I will find strength to replay such huge part of game ( exploring Skellige/ Velen outskirts/ and all kinds of side quests)

I encountered this bug too at the end when you knock the guy off horse. I get the infinite loading screen. I would hate to go back to fight that is nearly 30 hrs ago.

Last edited:
Hey, I've tried to complete the King's Gambit quest.
At the point where you kill the bears at the den or if you chose the other way, catch the traitor, you are then supposed to be teleported to the Jarl's place, but when the loading screen comes it gets stuck there. I haven't found any workaround to this.
Any tips how to solve the infinite loading screen? I am playing on PC and the version is 1.03 steam. According to reddit this same bug is also occurring on PS4 and it stopping people from progressing in the game as it is needed at one point in the game.

Lots of people have also reported this problem in the steam community forums.

Here is the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36rtt1/stuck_on_loading_screen_at_the_end_of_kings/

DONT WORRY ! Devs said that : "First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way"

You can't play anymore ? No problem the bug doesnt impact the game !

DONT WORRY ! Devs said that : "First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way"

You can't play anymore ? No problem the bug doesnt impact the game !

That was them talking about the xp bug when he said that just FYI. This is about the loading screen issue.

They gave us a work around with Lugos Fight... chill out.
Every game encounter problems even AAA made but huge company that have way more means.
I'm so happy those guys managed to make such a great game and i think they deserve our support.
Do like me, make an other playthrough or be patient.

Not saying that your chilling out idea isn't a good one in general. I too think we all should do that (and people do for the most part), it will all be over soon. - But CDPR is a big dev with about 230 employees, The Witcher 3 is certainly an AAA game and GOG Galaxy might rival Steam at same point, They don't need the little-guy-sympathy-card. ;-)

They gave us a work around with Lugos Fight... chill out.
Every game encounter problems even AAA made but huge company that have way more means.
I'm so happy those guys managed to make such a great game and i think they deserve our support.
Do like me, make an other playthrough or be patient.
lugos fight was like tens of gaming hours for me, i'm not sure that i even do have a save before the fight... and now i'm stuck... cool workaround, thx

Not saying that your chilling out idea isn't a good one in general. I too think we all should do that (and people do for the most part), it will all be over soon. - But CDPR is a big dev with about 230 employees, The Witcher 3 is certainly an AAA game and GOG Galaxy might rival Steam at same point, They don't need the little-guy-sympathy-card. ;-)

Sure witcher 3 is AAA but CDPR is not ** or *********/******* or even ******** i mean for financial part more than employees.
As far as i seen GOG is no way near Steam u can't imagine how much Dota for exemple is lucrative for Valve... but it's not the point.
They deserve sympathy for a great and ambitious project. In my native language the dialogs of every little NPC and cutscenes are awesome.
The open world is georgous and every little quest is a real one. Musics are also incredible especially skellige imo.
The more ambitious ur project is the more problems u can have. They are aware and they try to take care of it maybe give them some time is not that hard.

lugos fight was like tens of gaming hours for me, i'm not sure that i even do have a save before the fight... and now i'm stuck... cool workaround, thx

Like u at first i was angry and frustrate but after that i decided to make a new game to wait the fix and u know i don't regret.
At time i reach this quest the workaround was there. And now i finished and start in upper difficulty.

Tell me guys of a game that gives u free dlc plz and i mean real content not skin or visual.
Anyway u can enlight a problem/bug but u resolve nothing with complains and whine.
Keep calm and... whatever please u ;)

I don't see many people freaking out. We love the game so much we're demanding a fix so we can continue playing. What better compliment can you pay a Chef than to ask for more? I saw the patch notes for the next one. It's got this one specifically listed, so thankfully this awesome team was listening, appreciated how much we wanted to play their game, and got to work of a fix, pronto. There is nothing wrong with showing a little passion.

@obigan
I never said CDPR deserves no credit, they deserve a lot of it for so many reasons, but just because they are not in the absolut big league of devs doesn't mean they are in anyway small or poor. - And of course GOG Galaxy is no where near Steam atm, it isn't even out of beta yet. It might never be, but at least it has a shot.

Like u at first i was angry and frustrate but after that i decided to make a new game to wait the fix and u know i don't regret.
At time i reach this quest the workaround was there. And now i finished and start in upper difficulty.

lols, not going to drop my 26 lvl character, i've even done 35 lvl witcher contract

Patch 1.05 for PC / 1.04 on consoles. the PC patch should be here by Wednesday, the latest. We hope the consoles will follow shortly.

There's a workaround that should help. If you lost a fist fight with Lugos, please try reloading the save and win it. This should remove the error.

Wednesday you say? so where is it ?

Top Bottom