[BUG] Stuck on loading screen at the end of King's Gambit quest

+
I first hit this bug when I thought it was an optional side quest and I shrugged it off. Then, disappointingly, I got around to some more of the main quest and now it's required and I'm dead in the water. Seems this should be fixed a bit more urgently than they appear to be working on it.

The problem is known more then a week, people cant play, but no hotfix :(.
The workaround is #$^&&$@. Dont want to replay 25 hours.
Sorry, english is not my first language

To be honest , i dont understand why they couldnt release hotfix, because this is serious game breaking problem when you cant advance main story. Meanwhile i done almost every possible sidequest, only high level contracts remains. Waiting for patch like on salvation.

They gave us a work around with Lugos Fight... chill out.
Every game encounter problems even AAA made but huge company that have way more means.
I'm so happy those guys managed to make such a great game and i think they deserve our support.
Do like me, make an other playthrough or be patient.

for many going back that far is hours of gameplay not really an acceptable workaround. its basically a gamebreaking bug for those in that situation and its ridiculous it hasn't been fixed yet

And as it seems more and more people hit the issue now as they "catch up", I could add 2 people to the list alone.

Here's to hoping... ;)

It would be nice for this to be fixed at the same time for both PC and console users. Where's the love of our time and money? Geez...

Endless loading screen at the end of kings gambit.

I'm on xbox one and I'm having the same problem, please get this fixed spent hours trying to figure a way out of it.

Last edited:
The xbone patch has not gone through yet, it should come out some time during the coming week. It would most likely help the devs to specify what system you're on in cases like Arasthel92. The only systems the quest should be fixed for is ps4 and pc due to already receiving the patch.

I saved Hjarlmar before I saved the archer, so I came back to him later and saved him from the ice trolls. The quest got kind of bugged since it told me to 'cross the lake' and nothing happened at the destination, so I went straight to the giant. The archer was there, and it starts firing arrows while the endless loading screen is there. Also, if I do some evades I can 'survive' the fight, if I don't, the giant kills me after three hits - or at least, I think that's what happens since the controller vibrates and the light goes from yellow to red.

Let's get an explanation on how this bug made it through testing... Did all of their testers beat Lugos cause they all had infinite health or something?

Just when I think a company has made the *perfect* game, something like this has to happen. CDPR I'm not mad...I'm just disappointed. :thumbdown:

Top Bottom