[BUG] Swallow potion doesn't work on Geralt

+
[BUG] Swallow potion doesn't work on Geralt

This happened to several times when trying to use it on Geralt. Is this intended because he is a Gold card, or because he is not a Witcher unit?

Yeah! Me too. He's a witcher unit and a gold card, maybe the game doesn't recognize as a Witcher (haha)- I hope they don't fix it now because Eredin would be unbeteable.

A 12 gold card + another 12? Oh hell no!

Potions will only work on non-Gold units, maybe the description can be clearer... And yes, Geralt is still a Witcher.

Gold units can't be upgraded, that would make them way too strong. The potion is meant for Lambert, Eskel and Vesimir cards.

You could also get lucky and have someone the Geralt card demoted to silver, in which case the potion would work. But that's yet to happen to me. Though...I stupidly did it to someone else and...well...yeah =/

Demoting Geralt to silver is a strategy used by NR players to apply potions,, so you have to use Kaedwani sergeant or Dijkstra or have the opponent do that for you

The problem here is mainly a wording one, it makes sense that it doesn't work on geralt since he is gold but the wording makes it sound that it doesnt work on gold ones, but that witchers get an extra bonus yet nothing is said about gold witchers making it confusing. Same for thunderbolt so they should probably make that clearer in the text.

The problem here is mainly a wording one, it makes sense that it doesn't work on geralt since he is gold but the wording makes it sound that it doesnt work on gold ones, but that witchers get an extra bonus yet nothing is said about gold witchers making it confusing. Same for thunderbolt so they should probably make that clearer in the text.

I agree that the text should more clearly state that potions apply to non-gold witchers.

I believe that CDPR has to think about a better solution for this confusion :D

How about making a Global Rule that ALL potions/spells can't be targeted on Golden Cards and tell the player about this rule in the tutorial.
ONLY if it says specifially in the card text:

"(This spell/effect also works on Golden Cards)" it really should work for any card.

Like in this topic's case, the description for most cards is confusing, since to make it clear to everyone, it would need to say:

"Give +8 (Only Non-golden cards) or +12 if it's a Non-Golden Witcher-card" which makes the text longer and harder to read, anyway :p

How about making a Global Rule that ALL potions/spells can't be targeted on Golden Cards

If you know Gwent general rules, you will not need that. Why? Because one general rule:

Golden cards can be affected only by other golden card, the end.

Now look at the status of potion cards (gold/silver/bronze). And now you know.

So if you take a card that transforms gold card to silver (just got one today, forgot the name) and use it on Geralt, potions will have an effect on him?

I do find it somewhat funny that potions don't work on Geralt. Gold card yeah but come on xDDD

Edit: Oops just seen this is a page 2 of the topic and it was already discussed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom