[bug] Sweet dreams - Stefan missing 1.2+1.21

+
Steam version 1.2+1.21
Before update 1.2 Stefan was at his usual place after the 1.2 update Stefan disappeared

Attachments

• 20210414155531_1.jpg
    20210414155531_1.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 254
I had stopped the game, while waiting for better results, better playability.
yesterday I tested version 1.21... a disaster regarding bugs.
me too, Stefan is missing. and it is not only that, it's getting worse.
I play on a PS4 pro console, I have an average of 550 hours of play.
- Yes, I shut down my console, unplugged the power outlet, wait 3 minutes to empty the cache and... {it's still a mess}

I have this vivid disagreeable impression; the more updates, worse it gets. I'm angry, really I am.

=> CDPR; correct your game; but don't make your product more bad.

notice; it's a new game, started two weeks ago before I stopped.

upset_angry_wom.jpg

Last edited:
I had stopped the game, while waiting for better results, better playability.
yesterday I tested version 1.21... a disaster regarding bugs.
me too, Stefan is missing. and it is not only that, it's getting worse.
I play on a PS4 pro console, I have an average of 550 hours of play.
- Yes, I shut down my console, unplugged the power outlet, wait 3 minutes to empty the cache and... {it's still a mess}

I have this vivid disagreeable impression; the more updates, worse it gets. I'm angry, really I am.

=> CDPR; correct your game; but don't make your product more bad.

notice; it's a new game, started two weeks ago before I stopped.

View attachment 11211238
Funny you say that, as I too am on PS4 Pro and notice that there are more graphical glitches since 1.21 than ever before. Of course Stefan has been missing for me, so I cannot complete that mission. Oh and two known Cyberpsycho missions too. :(

I sadly have this bug too :( It is the last quest I have to finish to get platinum on PS4. I have a save where I have completed everything except this bugged quest and I have a save file before taking this quest but it is bugged for both. I have experienced this bug before 1.2 patch and it is still present in 1.21 . Please fix this ASAP.

Same here. (PC)
I finished every quest except Sweet Dreams. When approaching the quest location, the questmarker points to the floor. It then gives me the objective to talk to Stefan, but he isn't there at all.. The questmarker then disappears. Reloading the game after triggering the quest doesn't help.

Same here.
PC, 1.22.
I did the I Fought the Law quest with River on the same spot before.

The only Štefan I've seen recently is the one from the Vesničko má Středisková.
Maybe he is flying somewhere around in his yellow powder plane even in the Cyberpunk.

While I don't know if there's a way to fix Stefan's disappearance once it occurs, I think the best way to prevent this from happening is to complete Sweet Dreams immediately after completing I Fought the Law. I don't know the exact cause, but Stefan seems to despawn if you don't do Sweet Dreams immediately (I'm not sure if he's timed to despawn, or if another quest causes him to despawn, or so on).

The problem is that Sweet Dreams is a high level mission, so if you're under-leveled when you get Sweet Dreams, it will be difficult. Unfortunately, the longer it takes for you to do this quest, the higher the chance Stefan will despawn from the game.

In my latest playthrough I held off from doing I Fought the Law until I was fairly high in level, and then once I completed that mission, I immediately traveled to the Sweet Dreams location and Stefan was there.

Last edited:
While I don't know if there's a way to fix Stefan's disappearance once it occurs, I think the best way to prevent this from happening is to complete Sweet Dreams immediately after completing I Fought the Law. I don't know the exact cause, but Stefan seems to despawn if you don't do Sweet Dreams immediately (I'm not sure if he's timed to despawn, or if another quest causes him to despawn, or so on).

The problem is that Sweet Dreams is a high level mission, so if you're under-leveled when you get Sweet Dreams, it will be difficult. Unfortunately, the longer it takes for you to do this quest, the higher the chance Stefan will despawn from the game.

In my latest playthrough I held off from doing I Fought the Law until I was fairly high in level, and then once I completed that mission, I immediately traveled to the Sweet Dreams location and Stefan was there.
Strangely, for me (maybe I'm lucky), I never did Sweet Dreams right away, I always keep it for the end and he was always there.
But during "I fought the Law" or the first time I pass across him, I always go to speak him and said "no".
The quest still remains available even if you said "no", he simply answer "I know you'll become, you can't resist" :)

Strangely, for me (maybe I'm lucky), I never did Sweet Dreams right away, I always keep it for the end and he was always there.
But during "I fought the Law" or the first time I pass across him, I always go to speak him and said "no".
The quest still remains available even if you said "no", he simply answer "I know you'll become, you can't resist" :)
Yes, perhaps as long as you talk to him when he first appears, he'll stay there, but if you never talk to him at all after finishing I Fought the Law, he seems to disappear. Again, I'm honestly not sure of why Stefan disappears, I only know that he'll be there immediately after finishing I Fought the Law.

To be safe, I would still recommend doing Sweet Dreams shortly after completing I Fought the Law, rather than waiting, because I have a playthrough where I did I Fought the Law and saved Sweet Dreams until later and Stefan is permanently gone. I've also heard people say they've talked to Stefan initially, and after escaping the scavs, came back to find that Stefan was missing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom