Bug: switching mutagen between different slots causes bonus effect duplicating

+
When moving mutagen from one slot to another empty slot its effect will be accumulated. In case when all skills and mutagens are in their slots this accumulated effect will be kept even after re-loading saved game.
Video:
How to solve: clear all potions effects, remove all skills and mutagens, save game, reload this game - all bugged bonuses will be reset. But im still not 100% sure about that.

If this thread duplicates another one, please reply with the link because i didn't find any.
-----------------
Windows 7 x64
Steam version 1.32 (Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine, all free official steam addons/skins)
NG+ (game was started from the release)
No third party software, modes, etc was used in game.

Last edited:
I tried this in my heavily modded GOG GOTY (updated to 1.32) and discovered the exact same bug. DPS kept going up higher and higher as I switched a greater red mutagen from empty slot to empty slot.

My guess is it's simply weirdness that results when you save and reload in certain states. Something must be replacing the "zero point" of the mutagen values with the "active" mutagen values. If it's happening in vanilla, it's highly unlikely to be something that has a definitive cause or solution that has ever been found. (It's also rare. I've never encountered it in the almost 6 playthroughs I've done, and I don't remember hearing about it much over time.)

You could try asking around in Mod Discussions. Perhaps someone there knows more about it.

Top Bottom