[BUG] The Nobleman Statuette and The Soldier Statuette

+
[BUG] The Nobleman Statuette and The Soldier Statuette

These quest becomes bugged if Triss leaves instead of staying during the quest Now or Never. So if you don't tell Triss to stay with you like I did and opt for yennefer. Then you can't start these quests and they remain in active secondary quests.

http://i.imgur.com/WmSWzpu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HTlcPsX.jpg

Here are my PC specs if your wondering. Also I'm running latest AMD beta drivers.

Attachments

• WmSWzpu.jpg
    WmSWzpu.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
The quests have bugs either choice you make. I actually finished the statuette quests before the decision, but now much later in the game the quest has added back to my log (and is still another copy listed as completed). I don't have any statuettes in my inventory, but I'm supposed to talk to Triss about them. Redania's Most Wanted also seems to be buggy related to that decision branch too, with the option to give the crystal to two people and then they both have it somehow, but then later both list as failed objectives, and then later still one changes to successful without doing anything related to it... I don't think it matters which choice you make, there are just bugs when it checks related flags or whatever.

I finished Now or Never before talking to triss about the statuette and now it just sits in my quest log with no indication of where to go to talk to Triss about it. Triss says she's going to Kaer Moren...but...how do I finish this quest?

Well, I told Triss to stay in the Now or Never quest, and I can't still start the second statuette quest, since she goes away the same at the end of NoN.

So, goodbye statuette side quest?

I've encountered this bug. I have the soldier statuette and Triss is suppose to be a Kaer Morhen. where I was expecting to see her and didn't find her at all there. Even near the end when I finally see her on the ship before the big battles against the wild hunt saving ciri I wasn't able to talk to triss. I can have dialog with all other characters but triss isn't accessible. I have no way to finish that quest now even after my story is done.

Cdprojekts can you fix this please when you have a chance. Its strange that after she heads to Kaer Morhen she doesn't show up and I can't speak to her about it. Should be easier for us to unlock that soldier compression around Kaer morhen without the witcher hunters.

Thanks

OK, maybe this will help, maybe not. There was a bug with the innkeeper that you buy the 1st statuette from. If you keep reentering their shop inventory, the item keeps respawning. Same deal with when you get the 2nd one. If you keep looting, you can get extras. I ended up get extras of both.

OK, I got both out of the way as soon as I was able to talk to Triss and it was an option in dialog while she was renting the upstairs room. I did both, and they went off w/o a hitch. But I had an extra, remember? So in dialog the option reappeared. I thought "what the hell" so tried it again, and.... we went back to where she did the spell and all the cut-scenes were repeated except where the guy was removed from it. So both were completed and done, and doing the 2nd "dummy" statuette had no ill effect.

Now fast-forward to
when you get Phillpa from Dijykstra. Immediately after Phillipa and Triss left in the portal at the bath house, that quest completed and the Statuette Quest restarted. This means if you are doing the right things to trigger the rescuing of Phillipa, you'll another chance to do the statuette quest (might need to look for Triss in Dandelion's pub. Also, I think you *should* be able to take it to Yennefer. Seems it was a back up option in case you missed your chance with Triss.

Last edited:
Yup tried all that I had many times to talk to her through out the game. The statue quest didn't show up. I couldn't buy another one. When I had a chance to talk to her on the ship while we where looking for that item you know what to attract the wild hunt with I couldn't talk to her. The game wouldn't let me. I can see her name highlighted but no way to activate any dialog with her. But I could chat with all others.

When I did have a chance within quest no statue option showed up. I have no interest in starting over or going back on earlier saves. Its a broken mission, unless you follow it in a certain sequence. With an open world that won't work, there needs to be abit more freedom to finish some side quests.

Yeah, it was more bugged than I thought. I *thought* it re-initiated due to have an extra statuette but it didn't. Went back through the completed quest logs and it was missing. Still had the Nobleman but Soldier one was missing. Despite having romanced Triss, and her being around in the later portion of the game, you could really only talk to her at Dandelion's pub. And even then, the statuette option never resurfaced. I thought Yen could be talked to about it but that only apparently only pertained to the crystal you find at Phillipa's hideout. Even more frustrating is "Act III" despite having Triss as she was romanced, the game made her seem like a complete afterthought. She was barely present with anything and even on the ship for example, I couldn't even interact with her. It almost seemed like she was pissed and I couldn't help feel like I was being punished for choosing her.

Anyways, it seems as far as the game was concerned, the quest was finished, but the flag's for the quest log reset. The Quest Log in and of itself is royally bugged with a handful of "Optional" lines failing after you've done them, some other options not initiating, others show green and checked, only to change to "failed" with a red x after updating the quest.

Guess this is what happens when a game is barely out of BETA and being released. Devs have gotten lazy and rush expecting to "fix" with patches, but it's been nearly a month now.

Oh well, it doesn't avtually effect anything important. People still clamoring for "trophies" or whatever games have nowadays need to wisen up it's a pointless feat that garners nothing and is like getting a gold star sticker in 2nd grade on a spelling test.

Yeah this is bugged even when you do everything right. I noticed after completing Now or Never that I had "the nobleman statuette" as a new quest. Upon checking my quest list, it wasn't anywhere - not in the list of current quests and not in the list of completed quests either.

Reloaded a save from before i started Now or Never and it is indeed in my finished quest list, I did it no problem and completed with the reward etc. Now it's just.. gone.

On what I could see, you can start and finish the statuettes' quest only when Triss is in Novigrad, before to save Philippa.

Right, we did that. In my case,I did one of them twice as you can keep looting/buying quest items so long as you leave one item in chest/AI inventory. Monster nests were the same way. Loot all but one item, exit loot, walk 15' away in-game then go back and can re-loot infinitely so long as you leave 1 item in monster destroyed nest.

Anyways, like xellotath stated that I also ran into, is despite doing the quest correctly at the right time, something is resetting the internal flag and making it reappear in the quest log as if it hadn't been done.

CD seriously needs to get off their butts and prioritize as it's been over a month now and these bugs are going unfinished. They sold something like 4 million copies after the 1st week, which = $220,000,000+. They should be able to hire a crew of coders to iron out these god damned BETA bugs.

I did the Soldier Statuette successfully. Later after I did A Dangerous Game and got the Nobleman Statuette, and after Now or Never and told Triss "I love you" and she stayed, the only opportunity I had to speak with her was after the Battle of Kaer Morhen, while in Novigrad. I'd found her earring in the bed Yen tossed out the window back in Kaer Morhen and returned it to her but there's never a dialogue option to mention the statuette.

Oh well, add it to the ever-growing list of bugged quests in this game. I really do love it but I hope they get around to fixing these things soon. I still haven't bought the expansion packs and I pat myself on the back each day that goes by with all these bugs. Still not worth shelling out another $25 for this if they don't get fixed.This might also be my last playthrough too.

Last edited:
I am also having problems with this quest. I didn't persuade Triss to stay earlier in the game and I didn't do neither the soldier nor the nobleman statuette quests before she left.. Now I saved Philipa from Djikstra and those quests appeared but as soon as the scene changes to that little room, where she is supposed to decompress the statuettes I am immediately thrown into gameplay. There is supposed to be a conversation initiated where I tell her to decompress a statuette, but that just never happens. When I try to talk to Triss I can only ask her how she is feeling. Not sure whether this is related to the 1.07 patch or the Triss choice selection.

There is supposed to be a conversation initiated where I tell her to decompress a statuette, but that just never happens. When I try to talk to Triss I can only ask her how she is feeling. Not sure whether this is related to the 1.07 patch or the Triss choice selection.
Same here. It's really annoying especially because I'm at the very end of the main story and I would like to finish the game with all the side quests done but with all these bug and glitches it's impossible and as a result I can't play the damn game as I would like to...

This bug has been fixed by the 1.07 patch. It is one of the quests CDPR mentioned that will be fixed though not mentioned specifically.

There was some mention of a fix in interaction with Triss in some qiest. Well unfortunately the patch did not fix the issue with this quest, at least not for me apparently.

Last edited:
This is still not fixed in patch 1.07 (just tried it out)

saw someone write this and having exact same problem:

When I talk to Triss about the statuettes she says lets go to another place and we go to some house at the bits and she says "everything is ready" then nothing happens. You can speak with her and ask her " how is she " thats all. The questlog shows a tick on "speak with triss" but the quest is still active. Nothing happens. Triss stays at the house.

Yeah, I've encountered a bug with these quests as well, specifically the Nobleman Statuette. I told Triss "I love you" and to stay, turned down Yennefer during "Last Wish," and then tried to complete the Nobleman quest during Act 3. Worked on my first playthrough, but this time 'round when you initiate the quest, Triss takes you to the decompression room, and then nothing happens. There is no dialogue to select, nadda.

Yeah, I've encountered a bug with these quests as well, specifically the Nobleman Statuette. I told Triss "I love you" and to stay, turned down Yennefer during "Last Wish," and then tried to complete the Nobleman quest during Act 3. Worked on my first playthrough, but this time 'round when you initiate the quest, Triss takes you to the decompression room, and then nothing happens. There is no dialogue to select, nadda.

Yeah, I have the exact situation. I'm in Act 3 (Just completed Matters of State), Triss is my love interest. She takes me to the room in "The Bits" and says, something along the lines of "Everything is ready, let's get to work." and then nothing happens. No quest que, no further dialog from triss, no way to interact with the Jade figurine... Triss just stands there.

Top Bottom