[BUG] The Nobleman Statuette and The Soldier Statuette

+
I have a different problem. I didn't complete the Soldier Statuette quest before Triss left Novigrad and it disappeared from my journal
Later, during the quest Final Preparations it came back in my journal and I could do it by talking to Triss in her room inside Dandelion's brothel. It triggered the cutscene and all but I didn't get the message "quest complete", I got no reward and now it stands into my journal with the only available task (talk to Triss about the statuette) flagged with the green icon.

TL; DR: Quest is complete but the game pretends it's not.

Is this issue going to be addressed soon? I'm right at the end of Act III with everything else complete and I'd love a chance to properly finish the game with ALL quests complete. Can CDPR tell is if a fix is on the cards for sometime soon? Or should I just go ahead and finish the game and hope for a fix in months to come?

So I found both the Nobleman and Soldier quests in my list, during Final Preparations I talked to Triss and she took me to the place where she was going to break the spell - and then nothing happened after the arrival cut scene. She just stood there and would only say "Well?" I tried switching to the second statuette quest, nothing, meditating, nothing, leaving and coming back, nothing...

Didn't have a problem with either statuette in my first playthrough which was probably in patch 1.04 or earlier. Then I did it both before Now or Never. On my second playthrough in 1.08 NG+, I did one thing differently in Count Reuven's Treasure where I asked Menge about the treasure (also accidentally bought two of the statuettes from that Novigrad vendor), and tortured that Redanian spy with Triss. Right after wiping the spy's memory I asked Triss about the Noblemen statuette, next thing I know I'm in the shady shack alone, but Talk with Triss is checked in the Quest. WTF

So I found both the Nobleman and Soldier quests in my list, during Final Preparations I talked to Triss and she took me to the place where she was going to break the spell - and then nothing happened after the arrival cut scene. She just stood there and would only say "Well?" I tried switching to the second statuette quest, nothing, meditating, nothing, leaving and coming back, nothing...

Same issue. Bummer since this is the very last secondary quest I have to complete before the endgame.

I tried doing this before Triss leaves Novigrad. It seems you can do the first (with either the nobleman or the soldier), but not the second. I only did the nobleman on my first playthrough (never tried the soldier). On the second playthrough, I did the soldier first, but when I went to do the nobleman, after the dialogue with Triss in the shack, nothing happens. Definitely bugged...

Same here.

Mine also popped up in final preparations quest and I had the same error of after talking to Triss nothing happens. I just reloaded an old save but still have the quest to do later. Wonder what will happen if I try to meet up With Triss for that quest but she is in skellige or something ;-)

Last edited:
Wonder what will happen if I try to meet up With Triss for that quest but she is in skellige or something ;-)

Nothing would happen, because you can never talk to her outside Novigrad. And even in Novigrad there are only about two chances to start the statuette quests, of which the latter (in act 3) is bugged.

I have the same issue where they go to the shack and Triss does not move to her trigger location and the quest disappears .

The issue will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

To shed some light here. The difficulty with this particular (small) questline is due to the many convoluted ways it can be started and the fact that Triss is in many different places, sometimes not even reachable. This led to a very complex array of conditions and checks to see if the Quest can indeed be undertaken at any given time.

We believe things have been ironed out in the bugfix that is going to be introduced with the next patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.

By the upcoming patch, do you mean the romance patch, or will there be one before that? Either way, thanks for the response. You guys have been good about fixing bugs so far, this took a bit long, but I'm just happy to finally get past this and finish the game :)

By the upcoming patch, do you mean the romance patch, or will there be one before that?

No, it will apparently be in the next patch. It is not known yet when it will be released, it may still take a few weeks. Quoting from Marcin Momot's post: "This tweak will be introduced in the next patch. No release date for it yet. Sorry guys".

I have the same issue. I finished the game three times without a problem. The next time you play, the problem emerged. After the Battle of Kaer Morhen is not possible to complete this task. I'll wait with another playing on the patch, perhaps the problem is resolved.

Top Bottom