[BUG] The Witcher's Forge - Patch 1.10 (NG+)

+
[BUG] The Witcher's Forge - Patch 1.10 (NG+)

Unable to loot the starting tome for the quest inside Kaer Morhen. Visiting the cave will allow you to get the quest and it says to "put the tome on the pedestal" but, obviously, I cannot because I was never able to pick up the tome initially. The quest has "no entry" where the quest's info/lore text normally is.

Please look into this and see if there is a problem with the chest/item showing up inside the witcher's castle in Kaer Morhen.

I'm having the same problem, killed the golem, never got the tome. The altar after the fight had the "Press A' icon when i got close i heard a metallic sound the icon disappeared but nothing happened.

currently on 1.10 but not using NG+

So... I'm slightly embarrassed. Apparently I forgot the location of the tome and was able to find it in Kaer Morhen. After finding the tome, I was able to place it on the altar and complete the quest (although the quest did think I hadn't killed the earth elemental because I did it before picking up the tome).

Another small problem is that it gave me Mastercrafted Wolven Armor (non-legendary, on NG+).

I would make the small suggestion to change the quest text when you go there without the tome to "find a way to open the cave" or something like that... Would make it a good bit less confusing. :)

I'll file a ticket momentarily, but I can explain what happened here.

The trigger item for this quest is "Monstrum, or A Portrayal Of Witchers Volume 2". It's located inside Kaer Morhen itself, in the tower behind the kitchen, hiding in an old chest (center archway). Picking up the item should start The Witcher's Forge [30].

If you wander into the Iron Mine without this item, you can still encounter the Earth Elemental. Killing the Earth Elemental triggers the quest and puts you on step 2 - "put the tome on the pedestal". But with no tome, you can't proceed, and the game doesn't clue you in on where the tome might be. The workaround here is to go back to Kaer Morhen and acquire the tome. This resets the quest progression (by adding "go to the mine" back into the list of possible actions) but it does not act as a blocker; you can complete the quest once the right item has been acquired.

I wound up in this situation by
1) not finding the tome on my initial playthrough, shortly after release,
2) beating the game,
3) coming back during the Hearts of Stone expansion, and
4) doing treasure hunts to find all the Wolf School gear (one of the items happens to be in the Iron Mine).

Since I was in the mine with no item, killing the Earth Elemental put me exactly where the original poster wound up. This should be fairly common for players to stumble into.

Thanks for investigating :) We are working on a fix for this. Sadly since patch 1.11 is closed now, fix will appear sometime later. Sorry for inconvenience!

Unable to loot the starting tome for the quest inside Kaer Morhen. Visiting the cave will allow you to get the quest and it says to "put the tome on the pedestal" but, obviously, I cannot because I was never able to pick up the tome initially. The quest has "no entry" where the quest's info/lore text normally is.

Please look into this and see if there is a problem with the chest/item showing up inside the witcher's castle in Kaer Morhen.

U need to find that book in the castle.

I just ran into a similar issue. I got into the cave when looking for Wolf School diagrams and initiated the quest out of order. I later googled the issue, found the book and went and got it, but it felt wrong. Also, the Golem spawned behind the rock wall, aggroed when it saw "me", and then clipped through the wall into the room. So the whole area feels a little... erm... unpolished?

Anyway, cheers.

It seems this quest is still bugged. The chest at the end of the quest rewards you with level 34 Mastercrafted Wolven Armor for both the first playthrough as well as NG+. It seems rather illogical for the armor to not be the level 64 Legendary variant in NG+ so I can only assume that this must be a bug.

Hi I'm currently playing my first play through and I too went into the cave and killed the Earth elemental but the book is not showing up where it's supposed to. That entire area is bare. How do I fix this?
Thanks,
Cody

I am having the same problem. Havent yet visited the cave, but the room at the base of yen's tower is completely bare. no book, no tables no chests, nothing.

Top Bottom