Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Drachenstern View Post
@WebDruid Audio Bug?

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threa...=1#post1784968

Hmm.. long time ago there was a fix in Windows 7 for Creative XI-FI and Nvidia cards. I cant find the old link with Google, but I copy here once the fix of the REG files in here. Use it with cautions. Those are *.reg Files.
Thanks for sharing this, do you have any info on what this fix was designed to address? I'm trying to figure out if the audio bug is Witcher 3-specific or more of a general computer configuration issue.

Its a long Time ago :rolleyes: when i right remember, it was a Fix for Hyperthreading Computers, the Sound stutters from XI-FI Cards, if more as ONE CPU Core available.. I dont right remember, if it have to do with more as 2 GPUs when used SLI...

Searched Google: Many Links are Dead. the Patch was from Creative.. Knowledge.. DeadLink now. Found this, one is in German...
http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/u...fuer-sound-blaster-x-fi-titanium-alle-os.html

Look Entry #54
http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=550638&page=6&p=514394&viewfull=1#post514394

This patch was for NForce4 Boards.. but not only NForce4 Users gets Affected..

Hello, I believe I am experiencing a bug regarding the Card Collector achievement and Collect them all quest on the PC version. I currently have 41 Northern Realms cards including all 4 leader cards, 41 Scoiatel cards, 44 monster cards, 41 Nilfgard cards, and 29 neutral cards. I no longer receive random cards from unplayed merchants, and I know for a fact that I have completed every gwent card quest and have used checklists to make sure I have the required cards.

The only abnormalities I can find is that I only have 2 Clear Weather Cards and 2 Torrential Rain Cards. I also have a 4th Poor Fucking Infantry Card.

I have read somewhere that it was only after patch 1.06 that a third Clear Weather Card and third Torrential rain card were unavailable.

So I have been out sailing, maybe more than I should.
But I noticed some bugs along the way.

When you enter combat in the boat, sirens grab your ship, and you try to leave helm Gerald freezes in the boat. This has happened several times. for about 30 sec he freezes and do nothing but sit in the helm. Sirens attack me, do dmg and all, and then he usally leave the helm.
It is like the script cannot handle it.

Sometimes the waves bugs out. I usually start with stormy high waves and the boat starts to "hover" and then BOOM plain water.
No waves as far as the eye can see. This stays until you reload or meditate long enough. It seems på be a graphical glitch when you're sailing that causes it.

Drowners , one so far, have been "running" under water, not swimming.

For some reason I have found myself on a "script lockdown" were one function just switches of. One of these were at sea. I couldn't dive. not with my keyboard or the controller. Diving was forbidden… at a smugglers cash… with drowners.
However, when drowners pulled me down everything was fine. But as soon as I emerge to the surface I couldn't dive.
Things like these has happened several times at sea. I cannot shoot the crossbow under or above water, can't get into the boat. cant dive ect.

At smugglers cash the floating wood and obstructs create invisible walls.
I do not complain that if you ram them at high speed your ship get dmg. BUT it stops. the obstruct, by all means, should move… they are floating in the water. But as I said they instead becomes invisible walls that can be a hell to get out of if you by mistake place your boat in a smugglers cash center.

The attachment shows a graphical glitch in the sky in skellinge.

All glitches has occurd within 1.5hour play, all in skellinge waters.

Attachments

• 2015-06-26_00001.jpg
    2015-06-26_00001.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 56
Minor quest bug
Quest: Hazardous Goods

Spoiler warning obviously

The minor quest has you help a cart driver burn the bodies he is transporting. A few in game days later, you will meet him (Gert Borel) and you will find that he is infected with the plague and he asks you to kill him. No matter what option you choose, the quest in the journal will update with both saying that you simultaneously chose to not to kill him and killed him.

---------- Updated at 09:44 AM ----------

Potentially major quest bug
Quests involved: The Bloody Baron, The Whispering Hillock, Ladies of the Wood, (more?)

Major spoiler warnings

Anyone who has done these quests previously knows that these questlines generally result in one of two endings. You kill the tree at the Whispering Hillock and the Bloody Baron reunites with his wife that has lost his mind to take her to a healer and reconciles with his daughter who then leaves with the flame cult. Or you help the tree who free the orphans which anger the crones blaming the baron's wife turning her into a water hag which causes the baron to hang himself. This affects some epilogue things. If the Baron survives, Velen is left in peace. If the Baron hangs himself, Velen is devastated by the tree horse.

It has been reported that if you do not trigger the Ladies of the Wood quest and then help the tree at the whispering hillock, you end up with a paradox ending which no one has yet played to completion to find out if this causes any major problems. What results is that you do not trigger the crones believing the baron's wife betrayed them because you already helped the tree before you triggered that quest so the script doesn't check it. So the result is that you have a surviving Baron and a rampaging horse that saves the orphans. I haven't seen anyone who has played such a playthrough to completion yet so I don't know if any major problem occurs since these are main storyline quests.

Here's one post from someone in the middle of one such playthrough: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3b05ux/the_orphans_from_the_bloody_baron_quest/cshycpu

When Priscilla is introduced playing her song at the Kingfisher in Novigrad, the song is all broken up by a short pause between every line.
This is a really beautiful moment in the game and it is ruined by this. Please fix it!

Just encountered a fast travel bug, more of a crash bug.

Game crashes when fast traveling from Skellige to Novigrad, Velen, etc. when "Mystery of the Byeways Murders" is still active.

Temporary fix: In Skellige. go to the main island then use cross roads marker as your exit to Novigrad, Velen, etc.

Just found out the "fast attack critical damage" stat in the player stats has no bearing whatsoever to the actual damage Gerault does. I can double it through talents but he always does the base amount of crit damage in game. This is a total bummer for cat-style witchers. I also don't see the stamina boosting effect from light armor on the character sheet but I haven't done extensive testing on this one. Basically there seems to be no point in light armor :( I fully expect open-world jank in games like this but please make sure the talents work because it's a crucial part of the game imho. EDIT: I was mistaken about the armor thing. I was checking it by removing it instead of vs heavier armor and it's working fine.

Last edited:
Hi Garthand,

Thanks for the advice. I tried what you suggested, I started from an older game, made a new manual save, deleted all other saves. I restarted the game and played through the level again. It still crashes at the same place, except it now crashes on the first portal instead of the second.

Also, a noob question.
Where do I download patches from, I find links from various sites, but nothing on the official CDPR, Witcher site or Steam.
How do I know if I'm DL the authentic patch.

Last edited:
on the first page is stated:

Fixed as of 1.06

• Lesser runestones can't be combined/crafted into higher level runestones
  • Players can end up with multiple piles of identical runestones that won't stack, (crafted and found runestones don't appear to stack with each other) some stacks act as if they're not actually present in the crafting menus.

I am playing using version 1.06 (PC download from GOG).
In my game I have multiple stacks of the same type of lesser runestone. Same goes for Glyphs.
most are lesser. I have not crafted any yet so all I have is either found or bought from vendors.
Also close to none of these runestones or glyphs, show up as a resource usable for for crafting into the "medium" kind of runestone or glyphs.
example:
I have 26 lesser chernobog runestones. 1 stack with 25 and one stack with 1 stone.
When going to Crafting > Diagram: chernobog ronstone it is stated that i have 1/2 stones for crafting one runestone.
so 25 of my chernobog stones is essentially vender trash while one is useful for crafting.

Regards.

Last edited:
An observation and a suggestion. Last evening I experienced the first video crash of my GTX 980. This followed a few minutes of riding cross country and going into and out of various structures, but it was during a quiet conversation (with the herbalist in a level 2 quest) that things went black. The game quit to the desktop in an orderly fashion and I was able to restart at my last save point without difficulty. Such things happen, but I've observed something about the game that may be relevant. When I'm out in the game's woods, the shrubs and trees are always tossing in a wind that looks like 20 gusting to 40 mph (that's 30 - 60 kph). I lived in birch woods like the ones pictured in that part of the game, and that much wind is not an everyday occurrence. It doesn't die down in town, in fact it gets worse near buildings. It kicks up dust devils, people lose their hats, you have to lean into it, it's uncomfortable and loud and a little scary. It's also hell on one's graphics card! So you might think about dialing that effect back to a more realistic level. Otherwise I love the game!

Emhyr gave the black horse. In Novigrad she ran without reins. In Caer the final part is an old Roach with the reins. If you move away and call her a whistle, resorts already black, but with the reins. In the White garden at teleportation is near old Roach without reins. But, if you step back and call, it uses black too without reins. The Velen black comes without reins. In the Skellig comes black with reins.

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Wolf Armor DLC Bug
Went to Kaer Trolde Armorer to buy a map, bought it, star comes up on my quest inventory icon, but no map in it and no quest and I can't buy it off him anymore, So,,,now what?

Hello,

Sorry if my English is not perfect.
I have a big Problem at the Quest "Auf der Fährte" (i play in German). The Game runs perfect on my PC.
When I kill "Hammond" to find Karadin and I should go back to Lambert - I cant get Back to Novigrad.

I can play every other Quest - no Problem - but after I killed Hammond in the Quest the Game crashes immediately with no Commend to Desktop if I travel to
Novigrad.

When I load an Older Savegame (4 Hours or older - i have over 80 Hour Gameplay) it is the Same - all works to the Moment I kill Hammond.

I hope someone can Help me. The Game is very awesome!

Location of bug : alchemist in oxenfurt (one house area)

There is a bug in PC when you want to interact to alchemist in oxenfurt ( the man who say huss, don't tell anyone) ,

the bug is like this : when you travel and go to his house , the alchemist cannot be interact there is no button appear to interact with him, to encounter this you must meditation first with one hour than the option to press E appear.
This is bugging me because i have been force to meditation if i want to interact with him and that make automatically using my alcohol supply to replenish my stuff..

THis repeated over and over , please patch it up .

Thanks.

I have the same problem with the Kaer Trolde Weaponsmith.
No matter if he's sitting or working.
Sometimes an hour maditation didn't make it change, i had to meditate twice or so.

And sometimes he isn't there, the two Armoursmith are there but he's not.
Then i have to meditate again and after that he is available.

Last edited:
Not really a bug but a not working proper gameplay mechanic, just have been on Undvik and had to fight some harpies / sirens on a cliff, while fighting I used the whirlwind sword move and whirled off a goddamnhigh cliff still somehwat whirling midair for a bit, after a long descend down fullspeed, i did not hit any rocks or similar which could have slowed me fall, I hit the ground and couldn't move for a while ~20 seconds or so, but after that Geralt stood up and was mostly ok, i lost a bit off life but nothing to harsh. just once witnessed something familiar after using the elevator in kaer trolde and not beeing on it properly I got knocked down in the same way and had to wait to get back up. The thing is at that height i should have been nothing but a red stain on the floor, since geralt has problems falling more than 3 stairs down. So there seems to be some kind of whirlwind fall bug, couldn't recreate it though.

I'd like to dub this bug I found in-game, "'The Sanic Glitch' Simply the bug allows you to increase your movement and attack speeds by an unprecedented amount and I made a cute little video explaining how to do the glitch. I have no idea how it can be fixed but I thought I'd post it here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom