Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
n the quest "Defender of the Faith" I reach the third and final shrine to fix and have to face the students. I can fight and defeat all of them except for the one I initiated dialogue with. When the dialogue cutscene ends, his health bar goes all the way to zero, fills back up, then goes to zero again and I cannot interact with him. Punches don't work, swings of the sword do nothing, signs don't work, and I can't initiate conversation again. I tried to verify the game contents in Galaxy as well, with no luck. He essentially becomes a static object in the game.

This video (not mine) showcases the problem (it says it is running v.1.10, I am running 1.11)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcWy2G_HliM

In The Drakenborg Redemption quest, I've looted the chest in the cave, but it didn't show it as completed, and the quest is still "open".

In "Get Junior" after dealing with Junior's people the game shuts down without any crash information whenever I try to approach Junior's hidden treasury

1. Sometimes monsters run away from Geralt instead of attacking him.

2. I'm having issues with missing voiceovers for two sentences during the "Dead Man's Party" quest (when Geralt replies something to Vlodimir von Everec's relatives in the crypt, and when the girl seduced by Vlodimir says something after Geralt beats up her brothers).

'great escape' quest bugged. yennefer is nowhere to be found

Yet another one of the billion bugs in this game.... i cant continue with the story again because yennefer isnt in oxenfurt. can anyone help me ?

loading up earlier save and verifying games cache didnt work

Last edited:
A few side quest bugs I've found:

In the main game (I think it was on 1.10, and later patch notes make no mention of it) with Triss and the figurines. I'd given her one figurine during that quest but completed it without giving her the rest, then completed her pre-Kaer Morhen questline. When she later returns to Novigrad (in a room in Dandelion's inn) the option to give her another figurine reappears. If I did that, it transports both her and Geralt to the location where she should perform the spell on the figurine, but nothing happens. Triss will remain in that room with no dialogue options.

A minor (but slightly irritating) bug happens with the Novigrad, Closed City II quest being incorrectly marked as failed after updating to 1.10. This seems to be a common bug, see https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/481115363862421390/

Not a bug per se, but I did think it was strange that Shani is no longer in her clinic after Hearts of Stone is completed, despite the in-game dialogue indicating that she should be there. It deprives the player of a Gwent match with her, even if the card you'd win is still left there for you to find.

---------- Updated at 07:14 AM ----------

Possible Bug relating Hearts of Stones.
Neither the Runesmith nor the Ophiri Trader are capable to translate the untranslated Diagrams found at several Flamerose Camps. There's no dialogue option to choose.

Try tracking the quest (From Ofier's Distant Shores, under treasure hunts), there's an investigation you need to do first before you can turn in any of the diagrams. That caught me out too.

Last edited:
In a A Towerful of Mice quest I don't have the option to fight Anabelle, only to bring her bones to Graham. I'm on patch 1.11 and I'm playing NG+.

Dimeritium bomb bug is still present if the superior version is used.
Got 775% sign intensity when everything is unequiped.
Game version 1.11

I really don't understand - is it so difficult to fix "Faithful Friend" quest?? How long it will be unsolved?

i play TW3 again (first time was on patch1.07) but this time with all dlc`s (patch 1.10 and now its patch 1.11) im atm in Skellige Kaer Trolde and i buy the Undvik Armor.
when i have equiped this set armor and i go again to inventory the game crashes every time, so i switched back to the nilfgard armor and no game crash more.
im not sure wich armor part makes the game crash but i think its the chest of the Undvik armor set.
Game Version is 1.11

I've found one more small bug (was on 1.10 I think). In the conversation you have before stealing the horses with Ciri, there's a dialogue choice to just offer to pay for the horses. If you pick that, Ciri responds by saying "A pity Emhyr didn't have another daughter..." (or words to that effect) implying that you took the cash when bringing Ciri before the emperor. I presume this option should only appear if you did that, but I refused the money.

I freed him opening the door with the key, but he doesn't says anything and doesn't get out from the prison. A friend of mine has exact same bug, so it's not just for me.
The bugged guy is a swordsmith prisoner near the bridge in the north of Lindenvale.
Here

Seems that in earlier version of the game, the bandits don't drop the key. Now they drop the key, but he don't want to get out.

Attachments

• prison.jpg
    prison.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 64
Imperial Audience is hanging at the Follow the Chamberlain, he won't go anywhere. I am on 1.11, So the game is at a halt for me as it is part of the MAIN STORY LINE. I guess I have to stop playing till next patch :(
I waited to play this game because I thought you would work out the MAJOR BUGS by now......

UPDATE: Ok I rolled back to 1.10 and game itself wouldn't start, so I went back to 1.11 and loaded the save and the Chamberlain took off so I fixed it (and yes by the way I reloaded game save before all of this and even went back to earlier save to no avail), go figure.....

A friend of mine with a GOG copy has the exact same issue, tried various pre Vizima saves to no avail. I was hoping for a solution....I guess if wishes were fishes I'd be in luck.

I found two bugs in Blackbough.
The first is about the blacksmith. Every time you go in Blackbough, you can't talk to him. He hasn't the "Talk" text and icon. You have to meditate first, then the icon appear and you can talk. This seems to happen to many people. Just Google for "blackbough blacksmith" and you can find people experiencing same bug.

Second bug is about a texture glitch. Just next to Blackbough Sign Post, there is a black "triforce" of bad texture. You can see it in the attached pic. It's always there, every time I go in Blackbough. And no, it's not a shadow.

I tried to verify files, loading previous games, etc...with no success.

Attachments

• blackbugs.jpg
    blackbugs.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 57
i found this annoying bug in the quest where you kill radovid. the two last guys are always with full hp no matters with what you attack them, they never drop a single hp. its annoying

Not sure if this is a bug or not:
Starting on the Isle of Mists, I noticed that I can't meditate (that's not the bug), but potions and health do refill anyway as soon as I hit the space bar in the quick menu. The same holds true in Kaer Morhen directly thereafter.
Is this a bug? It kinda feels like cheating ;)

Cat School Techniques are still bugged. Every time I re-equip my armor, damage value cumulatively grows. I have 2,100 dmg pts without the skill, and close to 4,000 with it. Even potion that resets all the skills didn't fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom