Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
- After missing the chance to win the "Zoltan" Gwent card on the tutorial in White Orchard Inn, the card was supposed to appear on a small bag by the Hanged Man's Tree, but for some reason there's only a book in there.

- Some runes simply won't stack, this may be connected to the fact that even having "20 lesser X runes" you cannot craft a greater one. It's like having just one "true" stack, and the others being labeled as another item.

- Running barefooted sounds like you're running with boots.

sign targeting friendly npc in combat situation

some freezed animal body(unicorn included) or dead npc(not killed by player) 's hair/beard are covered with black/transparent polygon

this is the worst... Are you trolling me (don't know it is 1.04/05 bug or what)

because player can jump... geralt can jump to a locked room without a key and locked himself forever or some situation like this

Some npc will react normally and forget what is currently happening...

---------- Updated at 08:53 AM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcvhkck0qGk
bird won't react ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asqdkiW1N3Q
the horse head...

-----------other problem-----------

there is a thin black line around the neck of some npc ... the vertex is not merged

---------suggestion---------------

steaming system
plz don't unload the face texture and beard of Geralt... they pop in and out randomly... i don't mind to lose a frame by that
npc accessory poping in during cut scene in close range
only close range grass poping in (mid and long range work fine but who care...)

combat
Geralt should not auto target the enemy which is off the camera (1. it is kind of cheating 2. i am dealing with enemy in the front now he is auto targeting the off screen enemy and miss completly... )

sign should target by the direction player is pressing or facing or camera angle(front) but not auto targeting, sometime geralt will auto target the enemy from the side (maybe they are running to forward him or closes to him ? i don't know...)

add an option to turn off auto sword drawing... in a guest a monster is team up with human ... Geralt will no stop drawing between two sword during the fight...

Game purchased in Steam. Patch 1.05.

Body parts and objects after the fight hanging in the air. Terrible ragdoll corpses. And one more thing...

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 72
Hi. I just find Infinite gold bug. It's happened when i catch gold and reload save game; gold just retern in chest. It's in Vizima town, old castl. Proof in video:
I think this is intended and not a bug. I noticed that chests you looted before contain a small amount of gold when you check on them later.

After finding the Rusty Key in Tamara's room during the Family Matters quest, it can become stuck in the player's inventory, even after use.
This is not exactly what I meant. I meant that the key after use respawns in Tamara's room and if you then pick it up it gets stuck in your inventory since the door is unlocked.

I also encountered another bug where Gerald tries to swim when he jumps of Roach.
https://youtu.be/MgRKJpcrfq8

Last edited:
Hey guys, and girls of CD Projekt Red

My game seems to crash all the time. I didn't experience any issues prior to the 1.5 patch, but now it's unplayable. It occurs completely random.
Bought the game on GOG, and my specs are the following:

• Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • Asus NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 OC STRIX, 4096MB, GDDR5, 256bit
  • Intel® Core™ i5-4690, 3.5GHz, Haswell, 6MB, Socket 1150
  • ASRock B85 PRO4, Socket 1150
  • Dual Channel Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB), DDR3, 1600MHz,
  • HDD Seagate SV35 2TB, 7200rpm, 64MB, SATA 3
  • Solid State Drive (SSD) Intel 535 Series, 120GB, SATA 3, 2.5''

Give us a hot-fix or something. At its current state, it seriously is unplayable. I'm gaming for about 20 to 30 minutes and I get a crash.

All the best,
Andrei

quest: of swords and dumplings

This quest is very very buggy, but specifically the guy you're supposed to meet to get the bodyguard for the blacksmith, his cutscene plays, but then the npc disappears, causing the quest to be impossible to complete.

My game seems to crash all the time. I didn't experience any issues prior to the 1.5 patch, but now it's unplayable. It occurs completely random.

• Windows 8.1 64-bit

Give us a hot-fix or something. At its current state, it seriously is unplayable. I'm gaming for about 20 to 30 minutes and I get a crash.

All the best,
Andrei

Hi andreicristian90

This could actually be a problem with your driver instead of the game itself. Are you currently using the drivers that Nvidia released for the Witcher 3? People (including myself) have been having rampant problems with these drivers, even outside of the game. You can find out more information here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...353-06-stops-responding-and-kernel-reloads/1/
In the meantime, try downloading the 350.12 drivers that were released for GTA V with a clean installation, then reboot and see if the problem persists. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/Drive...t-international-whql.exe&lang=us&type=GeForce

Hi andreicristian90

This could actually be a problem with your driver instead of the game itself. Are you currently using the drivers that Nvidia released for the Witcher 3? People (including myself) have been having rampant problems with these drivers, even outside of the game. You can find out more information here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...353-06-stops-responding-and-kernel-reloads/1/
In the meantime, try downloading the 350.12 drivers that were released for GTA V with a clean installation, then reboot and see if the problem persists. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/Drive...t-international-whql.exe&lang=us&type=GeForce

Hey mcclark8989,

Thanks for the reply.

Yup, I'm using the drivers released especially for The Witcher 3. Thanks for the link. I'll come back with a LE, and also with a status on the issue.

All the best,
Andrei

LE

Okay, so this happened after 2 minutes of loading a save game. It crashed - the game froze, and I had to alt+tab, and then the error popped. This is infuriating. Don't mind the GOG buggy platform, they represent incorrect data. I have more than 3 days clocked in this game -.-.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hey mcclark8989,

Thanks for the reply.

Yup, I'm using the drivers released especially for The Witcher 3. Thanks for the link. I'll come back with a LE, and also with a status on the issue.

All the best,
Andrei

LE

Okay, so this happened after 2 minutes of loading a save game. It crashed - the game froze, and I had to alt+tab, and then the error popped. This is infuriating. Don't mind the GOG buggy platform, they represent incorrect data. I have more than 3 days clocked in this game -.-.

Were you sure to select 'Clean Installation' and reboot afterwards? The crash will keep happening otherwise. Also try going back a little further, there have been reports of people still having issues with 350.12 but 347.88 working better http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/83080/en-us
I know it sounds like a stretch but give it a try. I was experiencing these same issues and this fixed it for me.

I simply cannot find the key for the merchant in distress in Velen north of Hanged Man's tree. He keeps saying the key is somewhere nearby. I have killed the 4 mounted bandits and searched the whole place, no damn key to be found. I am a completionist so this really bugs me.

Also I rescued a barber and he said he said to stop by his shop in Claywich. I have waited several in game days and he is nowhere to be found in Claywich.

Can you please look into this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Were you sure to select 'Clean Installation' and reboot afterwards? The crash will keep happening otherwise. Also try going back a little further, there have been reports of people still having issues with 350.12 but 347.88 working better http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/83080/en-us
I know it sounds like a stretch but give it a try. I was experiencing these same issues and this fixed it for me.

Yup. I performed a clean installation and I rebooted my PC afterwards. Going to look more into this graphic driver problem tomorrow. It's already midnight where I'm living, and I'm seriously sleepy. Thanks for all the help. Cheers!

Hello. Sorry for my English, but one problem. After ending game (Cirilla rules ) quest "faithful companion" / "верный друг" ( In Epilogue) - catch running horse. Quest no ends, and stay in journal. Fix it pls. Disturb my esthete feeling ;]

Hello. Sorry for my English, but one problem. After ending game (Cirilla rules ) quest "faithful companion" / "верный друг" ( In Epilogue) - catch running horse. Quest no ends, and stay in journal. Fix it pls. Disturb my esthete feeling ;]

FFS mate, learn to effing use spoiler tags. You just spoiled it for so many of us.

Seriously...

Graphics issue: Map icons can get bugged.

This is not the feature of shops closing for the night but rather two issues:

1) Icons can get bugged and not appear until you get nearby, even in the middle of the day. They will then stay visible until you get further away. For most experiencing this bug it affects merchants, blacksmiths, etc.

2) Icons of a certain type can all disappear from the world map. I've experienced this with Fast Travel markers. In my case they all re-appeared after nearing a Fast Travel marker.

See these related threads:

Thread 1 | Thread 2 | Thread 3 | Thread 4 | Thread 5

To explain it furthermore as I don't think the explanation was too good.

The first bug occurs when a player completes the quest Devil by the Wheel before clearing the abandoned site. If that is so there is a chance monster will not appear ergo making it impossible for you to clear the area.

Region: White Orchard
Quest type: Side quest
Quest name: Devil by the Wheel

Also I found another quest where you cannot complete a treasure hunt/ gear hunt for numerous reasons Either you collected the items before and they won't count, you come to the cave but cannot activate the witcher symbol which is required in order to start looking for the gear or simply because the quest won't start properly.

Region: Any
Quest type: Treasure hunt
Quest name: Gear quests / quests in which you look for gear

Awesome, thanks so much for the extra detail, I'll update the list!

Region - Velen (No Man's Land)

There's an abandoned village/site immediately Southwest of Lurtch (the Fool's Gold quest town) that I have cleared but is permanently left as a ?. I already received xp credit for clearing it and the villagers are back in it with the merchant and herbalist in it but on the map it isn't marked as a cleared out site and no amount of exploring around it will discover it.

Ok cool, looking later in the thread this looks like it might be related to the quest with Letho, I'll make sure this gets added to the list.

Quest Bug: Hard times

Smith does not accept letter, Karl Trolde.

Happened to me while in combat. I think one harpy got stuck in the world. But controls specially keybinding on middle mouse button malfunctioned.

I'm not using any mod, updated to the latest patch.

Gotcha, makes sense. Thanks for the info, adding it to the list!

Graphics bug (PC version): non-widescreen aspect ratios (5:4 confirmed, possibly affects 4:3) feature wrongly sized UI overlays, amongst other anomalies. See this thread for screenshots and further details.

Gameplay issue (all versions): can't climb out of waist-high water, causing the player to get stuck in certain areas/terrain and forcing a reload of a previous save. See this post for screenshots and related bug threads. Not sure if a bug per se but the limitation causes frustration and loss of progress.

Thanks so much for the info. I've definitely gotten snagged in that waist-high water once or twice, and I'll take a look at that thread for the aspect ratio issue and make sure they end up on the list!

Region - Velen (No Man's Land)
Town - Benek
Quest - Phantom of the Trade Route Contract

At the end of this quest, you fight a Royal Wyvern on a cliff near a cave entrance leading to the cliff. However, for some reason, the wyvern frequently likes to fly into the cave entrance and then subsequently gets stuck inside the cave and frequently stuck in the walls of the cave allowing you to freely hit it to death at low risk. If it dies clipped in the wall, you become unable to loot it to complete the quest.

Thanks for letting me know, adding it to the list!

1. You can't craft looted runes to higher tiers. It tells that there were no runes. Only runes that were crafted yourself can be crafted to higher ones.
2. (Maybe desired behavior) You can't combine different tier one mutagens of the same color to craft a tier 2 mutagen.

Thanks, added to the list!

Found another one. After completing the Tower Outta Nowhere quest there are 3 women standing around in Urialla Harbor(An Skellig island in the Skellige map). One of them has a quest marker above her, but you can't interact with either of them(same as that druid near Gremist's shop in the Druid Grove). This quest marker only appeared when I refused payment from the villagers for the Tower quest, so I assume it is a follow-up to that quest. The woman with the exclamation mark atop of her is the same one who says a few lines at the end of the quest.

---------- Updated at 01:57 AM ----------

Yeah, that's another bug, triggered by Letho's quest. That is because you cleared that site before you went there with Letho. If you clear the site before doing Letho's quest, than that bugs out the marker. I cleared it once before doing the quest, and once after doing the quest. The latter doesn't get bugged.

Another bug: In the Price of Honor quest(on Faroe Island in Skellige) the chest which contains the dowry cannot be opened. You can't interact with the chest, even though you have the key and the chest shows the interact button. Tried it multiple times, it's a bug.

Thanks for the info, I'll make sure it ends up on the list!

---------- Updated at 06:54 PM ----------

- After missing the chance to win the "Zoltan" Gwent card on the tutorial in White Orchard Inn, the card was supposed to appear on a small bag by the Hanged Man's Tree, but for some reason there's only a book in there.

- Some runes simply won't stack, this may be connected to the fact that even having "20 lesser X runes" you cannot craft a greater one. It's like having just one "true" stack, and the others being labeled as another item.

- Running barefooted sounds like you're running with boots.

Thanks, I'll make sure these all end up on the list!

sign targeting friendly npc in combat situation

some freezed animal body(unicorn included) or dead npc(not killed by player) 's hair/beard are covered with black/transparent polygon

this is the worst... Are you trolling me (don't know it is 1.04/05 bug or what)

because player can jump... geralt can jump to a locked room without a key and locked himself forever or some situation like this

Some npc will react normally and forget what is currently happening...

---------- Updated at 08:53 AM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcvhkck0qGk
bird won't react ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asqdkiW1N3Q
the horse head...

-----------other problem-----------

there is a thin black line around the neck of some npc ... the vertex is not merged

---------suggestion---------------

steaming system
plz don't unload the face texture and beard of Geralt... they pop in and out randomly... i don't mind to lose a frame by that
npc accessory poping in during cut scene in close range
only close range grass poping in (mid and long range work fine but who care...)

combat
Geralt should not auto target the enemy which is off the camera (1. it is kind of cheating 2. i am dealing with enemy in the front now he is auto targeting the off screen enemy and miss completly... )

sign should target by the direction player is pressing or facing or camera angle(front) but not auto targeting, sometime geralt will auto target the enemy from the side (maybe they are running to forward him or closes to him ? i don't know...)

add an option to turn off auto sword drawing... in a guest a monster is team up with human ... Geralt will no stop drawing between two sword during the fight...

Thanks for all of this, I'll look through everything you shared and add it to the list!

Game purchased in Steam. Patch 1.05.

Body parts and objects after the fight hanging in the air. Terrible ragdoll corpses. And one more thing...

Thanks for all the info, adding to the list!

I think this is intended and not a bug. I noticed that chests you looted before contain a small amount of gold when you check on them later.

Gotcha, I'll do some more research then before considering the respawning chests a bug.

No. GTAV, Dying Light, DA:I and other games are running flawlessly without crashes.

Hmm, since it's pretty difficult for me to replicate your issue on my end, I definitely think it would be worthwhile to send CDPR a bug report directly here so they can take a look at your logs and see if they can determine the cause.

This is not exactly what I meant. I meant that the key after use respawns in Tamara's room and if you then pick it up it gets stuck in your inventory since the door is unlocked.

I also encountered another bug where Gerald tries to swim when he jumps of Roach.
https://youtu.be/MgRKJpcrfq8

Gotcha, updated the issue on the list with the information you provided. I'll also add this swimming in the air bug to the list. Thanks!

• Windows 8.1 64-bit

All the best,
Andrei

I had a similar issue right after 1.05 came out (and am running a very similar rig, also using the GOG version). What I did was I made a new manual save on an empty slot, quit to desktop, and loaded from that new save. Before that I was crashing every 5 to 10 minutes, then I haven't had a crash since. Go ahead and give that a try and let me know if it works for you!

quest: of swords and dumplings

This quest is very very buggy, but specifically the guy you're supposed to meet to get the bodyguard for the blacksmith, his cutscene plays, but then the npc disappears, causing the quest to be impossible to complete.

Thanks, I'll look into this and add it to the list!

I simply cannot find the key for the merchant in distress in Velen north of Hanged Man's tree. He keeps saying the key is somewhere nearby. I have killed the 4 mounted bandits and searched the whole place, no damn key to be found. I am a completionist so this really bugs me.

Also I rescued a barber and he said he said to stop by his shop in Claywich. I have waited several in game days and he is nowhere to be found in Claywich.

Can you please look into this?

Thanks

Absolutely, I'll make sure these get added to the list. Thanks!

Thanks, added to the list!

Graphics issue: Map icons can get bugged.

This is not the feature of shops closing for the night but rather two issues:

1) Icons can get bugged and not appear until you get nearby, even in the middle of the day. They will then stay visible until you get further away. For most experiencing this bug it affects merchants, blacksmiths, etc.

2) Icons of a certain type can all disappear from the world map. I've experienced this with Fast Travel markers. In my case they all re-appeared after nearing a Fast Travel marker.

See these related threads:

Thread 1 | Thread 2 | Thread 3 | Thread 4 | Thread 5

Thanks for the thread links, I'll take a closer look and make sure it ends up on the list!

I'm having a problem; when i try to load ANY save, be it auto or manual i get a pop up saying that this save requires the Beard and Hairstyles DLC (which i've downloaded and installed over 5 times in an attempt to fix the problem. Ive also reinstalled the game to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated

• Crate- carrying NPCs in Novigrad will sometimes walk sideways and bring their knees up to their chest while walking

This affects more than just Novigrad, have experienced it across Velen and White Orchard, too. Made a GIF of it in another thread. Mildly hilarious, but immersive-breaking.

Thanks for the thread links, I'll take a closer look and make sure it ends up on the list!

You're doing an amazing effort with the OP, cheers ;)

Last edited:
Character's voice sound drop or no sound at all during this scene... it was working just fine before patch 1.03 came out I believe.

:-

Please fix to make sure Color blind friendly to stay on when I exit the game and play again later. I kept going back to turn it on. I feel that color blind friendly make objects highlights better, see better and faster then original. Not all objects highlights right away when i'm near and far away.

Somebody already reported this problem. I thank you for that. :) That a only campfire im having problem with.

Please double check all Person in Distress because I got extra key drops from bandit's leader and now im stuck with extra "Cage" key in my Quest items tab (im not sure about Silver Monocle quest item it is suppose to be there for later use or not). Also, when i encounter Person in Distress, Scoia'teal is already out of his cage.

Attachments

• Ciri' voice disappeared.jpg
    Ciri' voice disappeared.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Garet Face.....jpg
    Garet Face.....jpg
    123 KB · Views: 64
  • Color-blind friendly .jpg
    Color-blind friendly .jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Campfire.jpg
    Campfire.jpg