Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think this is fair... lvl 9 Geralt vs lvl 18 Bilge Hag. I only gain 20 exp..Why fight so hard for little exp....

Books, Oils, Potions should not mix together.
How do i know what books i owned or already read?... I cant even see name of books, oils , potions when it come selling, buying, fighting and etc.

Please group Mutagen together of their own; 5%,7%,10%, Monsters' mutagen and etc. *it will make my selling easier and avoid selling it by accident.

I love the infinite amount of storage from Witcher 2....
Overburden... im a type of person who love to explore and collect everything from treasure crests and be prepare before i do secondary and main quests.
*an fun idea: Geralt should own a house somewhere and put away stuffs to storage to lighten up burden on horse. it will be nice if can hang up monster trophies up on the walls...

I cant tell if this is normal in Witcher world... I seriously want steal that guy's see through shirt!!! (Bug i encounter at Cunny of the Goose lake).

I encountered few floating bugs around the shoreline in Oxenfurt, rock, fire torch pole by a house, and treasure crest under the bridge.

When i was exploring and finding all treasure crest in Velen and outside of Novigrad city. i was not able to find all treasure crest or ... what is it im looking for that is treasure crest icon mark on the map in the witcher 3 guide book? crates, dead body, big or small treasure crest? I was able find 95% of treasure crest.

Attachments

• Bilge Hag.jpg
    Bilge Hag.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Books, Oils, Potions.jpg
    Books, Oils, Potions.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Mutagens.jpg
    Mutagens.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Overburden.jpg
    Overburden.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Creepy.jpg
    Creepy.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 64
@mcclark8989, and @garthand

Thanks for the help.

I just installed some drivers from NVIDIA - GeForce Game Ready Driver 353.06. Clean install, and reboot. And I did what garthand told me - launch the game, save in another slot, and exit the game. I also rebooted my PC just to be on the safe side. The game seems to be working fine now. Two hours in, and no crash.

You guys are this awesome - http://i.imgur.com/mkjiGBo.gifv

Have a great day,

Andrei

I have a few for the list:

1) There's that abandoned area on the South east of White Orchard where the enemy doesn't show up for a lot of people
2) In the Caberet quest sometimes Rautlec's door is locked, which prevents completion of this quest and the following one.
3) Not sure if this is a bug, whether it will have repercussions, or just a display issues: upon lifting the curse from [Redacted] and completing whatever that quest was called, the quest Novigrad: Closed City has moved from Completed to Failed. At the end of that quest I had persuaded [Redacted] to stay with me, so I really hope this bug doesn't affect my relationship with him/her and their possible participation in the later game.

One odd thing I noticed in the missing persons quest is that radomir was in the village saying his name is dervin now d e r v i n - before I had done the quest.

Not sure if the issue is only for me but,

Colorblind Friendly Witcher Senses Option doesnt save.
So everytime I restart the game I need to turn it on again.

Its really a hassle.

Bugs I've found:

Quest/AI:
- Merchant locked in a cage near the bridge in Velen; the bandit leader disappear leaving you without key. Reloading the game seems to spawn him again.
- After the Bloody Baron put his castle on fire, when you get to fight with him the HUD goes away and you lose control of Geralt. Reloading seems to fix it.
- Your horse stops suddenly when trying to cross a bridge, even during a horse race.

Graphics:
- Some houses appear painted in white/greenish, but eventually after looking away, reloading the game or entering a conversation it goes back to plain wood color.
- Some small shadows, that seems related to SSAO, flashes blue/solid black throughout the game. Usually on the ground and walls, but sometimes on characters faces. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSiUZ-DB-gM

Last edited:
Bugs found:
- After patch 1.05, new challengers gwent in Skellige give no new cards or items to be overcome, example: In Urialla Harbor after winning the three players did not win any new letter of gwent or item, only cash.

Win 7 64bits
I5 2500k
8Gb Ram
GTX970 EVGA SSC
Using Steam version
Patch 1.05

Last edited:
Heroes' Pursuit horse race in skellige is bugged, won the 3 qualification races, but the main race is now bugged, no way to start it.
EDIT: Took a save back and it seems it's bugged only if you do the monster contract in Larvik before the race.

Last edited:
Reported to CDPR via support form:

Quest breaking bug found in the "Practicum in Advanced Alchemy" quest. While playing the game normally and before triggering any quest, I encountered the distillery on Ard Skellige through random exploration, discovered the documents inside and the distilling equipment, etc. but it didn't seem to do anything so I left. Some hours later I triggered the aforementioned quest and one of the objectives was to go to the distillery and make alcohol.

I am in the distillery right now and the next quest entry is to "Use your Witcher senses to search the distillery for instructions on how to produce alcohol." The instructions are supposed to be in the elevated shack from what I can tell from the map, except they are not there because I already picked them up and read them a day before when I was randomly exploring. The game does not recognize the fact that I am already carrying these instructions and have already read them however and insists that I explore to find them - except the instructions are no longer there because I have them already.

Nonetheless I try to do what it says and it leads me to the hut. If I turn "show witcher senses on map" on in settings and hold the witcher sense button down a red magnifying glass icon shows up on the map right in front of me where I'm standing at a bedside table, except there is no red glow on anything to indicate I need to interact with it, and there is nothing there to interact with at all. I am already carrying the instructions in my inventory and have already read them. The game just is not recognizing this and I'm unable to proceed with the quest. I've tried following the instructions and they don't work presumably until the game registers that I actually have them.

So this quest is now broken for me and I can't proceed to gain advanced alchemy knowledge or whatever. That's no doubt going to hamper the gameplay from here on out until the issue gets fixed. :)

Attached is a screenshot showing the location the item in question is supposed to be as indicated by the witcher icon on the map, but nothing is there as I have it already. I'm just including one camera angle but I can assure you that the item isn't there on any side of the night stand shown in the image.

Attachments

• TW3-broken-quest-practicum-in-advanced-alchemy1.jpg
    TW3-broken-quest-practicum-in-advanced-alchemy1.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 156
Hi..sorry my english its bad.. used Google Translate as help..

If I have 2x of the safe-conduct (passport(From Quest & Red Baron)). Quest for travel over the Pontar (to Nilfgaard), when i talk to the dodgy dealers, for a Passport. The Quest fails at any reply.

Nearby there is also the Bandit Camp with the Dealer in a Cage. The key for the Cage i have never found. Can't free the Dealer.
In another bandit camp I received 2 keys for the Cage with a Dealer. But can with the extra key not unlock the first Cage (next to Pontar).

Noticed that in the area where you begin there has been a battle, several of the corpses on the field including a couple of horse corpses and some on pikes show that you can loot them when viewed with witcher senses - however no loot icon comes up for you to loot the corpse no matter what you do.

After the 1.05 patch there is no longer a water hag guarding the treasure in the White Orchard swamp. These changes make me concerned about other unintended changes with new patches. If it is indeed unintended. I am sure that the hag was not killed by nearby wolves or bandits.

Running patch 1.06 TW3WH seems to be a LOT more stable, I have been playing for two hours and only had one crash and I don't think it was the games fault, no log can be provided as it was a complete lock up screen froze, 3 fingered salute wouldn't work and the sound locked into a buzz, this may still be a fault OR it might have been kicked off by adobe flash player wanting to perform an update, after the machine was restarted that was the first thing that happened.

Thought it best just to mention it in case someone else struck the same sort of crash though - Just in case.

Gratz guys - stability is nice :)

---------- Updated at 01:57 PM ----------

O.K Oddity and unrealized up until now, when you free an area so people move back into it although it might be late at night the scene played of course shows people returning during the day and then magically when the scene stops its 8 o'clock odd am.

Not a game breaker but something you might want to look at ;)

Mutagen bonuses still drops after fast travel or load. Cant craft some of greater runes from lesser that i found or bought - says i got 0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom