Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
At Kaer Morhen, the Berengar's quest bug, i find the note read it but no quest begin, and the option with Vesemir don't appear

That's actually not a bug. The quest is supposed to lead to a chest in the cave across the lake, the one where you go with Lambert during the main quest. If you loot that chest before you read the note, the quest won't trigger 'cause you already got the loot, so there is no point. It's the same as with all the others treasure chest quests. And it kinda makes sense (there is no XP for these quests anyway).

Hello! I can not use "Persuasion" options when I am speaking with NPCs, the options are in red color, but I have "Persuation" level (Axia) up to level 3/3. I think it is a bug.

Hello! I can not use "Persuasion" options when I am speaking with NPCs, the options are in red color, but I have "Persuation" level (Axia) up to level 3/3. I think it is a bug.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you also need to put the skill in one of the 12 slots in order for it to "work"?

Three bugs that I don't see mentioned very often but are very annoying:

• Geralt can get stuck in "parrying mode", unable to attack with a sword until a reload of a save (sometimes changing sword and sheating it back and forth works too). This bug happens mostly when you parry, dodge, cast a sign or attack at the same time (i.e. while still holding the parry button).
  • If Geralt is on a boat when its attacked and sinks Geralt can also be rendered unable to attack with the crossbow until a save \ reload.
  • Fist Figths: camera transition allows enemies cheap shots without you being able to react. Either add a pause or make the camera transition faster.

Found a bug in Time and Space Quest...In poisonous cloud area the breath meter is not increasing. Version 1.06.

During "Missing son" witcher quest in Skelligge there is an exploit a glitch and a bug.
The mission wants you to beat some sense in the fiend and when it has enough he hypnotizes you, runs away and you have to start over again at the new location (since it can regenerate).

I couldnt be bothered by it, so i found a workaround to avoid being hypnotized.

The exploit
When you are horse riding you cannot be hypnotized, but the horse gets scared. The hypnotization works on a radius ad by line of sight (meaning it wont work if there is an obstruction between you and Morvudd). If you engage Morvudd riding Roach and hitting it, and when you are knocked back you just run in order to get back on your saddle you can stay indefinitely on the castle yard where you first meet Morvudd without relocating. You can also get back near the body of the missing son in order to save if you are in a good point.

The glitch
Also, if you get hit by Morvudd ther eare chances that you wont get wounded at all, just knocked off Roach.

The bug
Problem is, as soon as you kill Morvudd and collect your trophies and loot, the game locks in an infinite loading screen and wont go on, all you have to do is ALT+TAB and close the game. The mission doesnt tell you that you have to relocate elsewhere in order to finish th mission, even though it has been certainly scripted that way, but i guess it needs to be patched: either you have to get hypnotized while horseriding, or fix the chance that you can end the mission on the castle yard.

@maffaxxx: problem is the son is not in the yard, these are some other people. So you would still need to find the son this time without tracks to follow. Normally you track the fiend to where it escaped while you where unconscious.

Keybinding bug (again): in 1.4 some keys (not the locked ones) could not be rebound, then in 1.5 it was ok, now in 1.6 when I try to assign anything to G it doesn't work again (and my quick use slot 1 was bound to it).

THE BIGGEST BUG I HAVE FOUND TO DATE:

in thwe very beggining when you hunt and kill the griffin, i shot the griffin out of the sky with the crossbow, it landed in the lake next to white orchard and died instantly, then it goes to cut scene and i now have to collect trohpy.

the problem is:
everytime i have killed thwe griffin in this way (via crossbow and weater) it NEVER drops loot bag, meaning i cant collect the trophy meaning i cant finish the quest, ive tried diving and looking for it, also looking all around the fields incase it had a pre loaded spawn point.

ive tested tyhis numerous times each time with the same result.

the reason it's frustrating:
im playing on death march difficulty and its very very very VERY hard to kill the griffin (died probably 70 times)
and when i finally beat it i have to reload the save and do it again because i cant prgress..

THE BIGGEST BUG I HAVE FOUND TO DATE:

in thwe very beggining when you hunt and kill the griffin, i shot the griffin out of the sky with the crossbow, it landed in the lake next to white orchard and died instantly, then it goes to cut scene and i now have to collect trohpy.

the problem is:
everytime i have killed thwe griffin in this way (via crossbow and weater) it NEVER drops loot bag, meaning i cant collect the trophy meaning i cant finish the quest, ive tried diving and looking for it, also looking all around the fields incase it had a pre loaded spawn point.

ive tested tyhis numerous times each time with the same result.

the reason it's frustrating:
im playing on death march difficulty and its very very very VERY hard to kill the griffin (died probably 70 times)
and when i finally beat it i have to reload the save and do it again because i cant prgress..

Usually, when you hit the Griffin with your crossbow, at the Field where you and Wesemir set up the Trap for him, he takes off, fly’s to the Mill near the Field and THERE you can take him out with the Crossbow or your Sword, works every Time for me with Patch 1.06

At the coast of velen near a guarded treasure guarded by a noonwraith on small island, there are 2 shipwrecks in the water, when i go in one of them in the storageroom i cant get out anymore and have to reload

Hello,this is my very first post and i would like to report four bugs i don't know if someone mentioned them before tho.
1. hidden treasure quest 'shortcut' - found the treasure at the bottom of the lake but still see the quest ony my quest log
2.another hidden treasure quest can't remember the name sorry but same problem with first one
3.in Velen there is that lamp icon (Keira's) but when i use it that point it isn't progressing.
4.this one is killing me - music glitch- after the king's gambit quest right after we choose the Skellige's ruler there is a music 'won't go away' neither in combat nor in dialogs,it is everywhere and it is loud!

A bandit camp in the southwest part of Velen, populated by cannibals, does not clear after killing the cannibals and taking the loot. One of the treasure chests repeatedly respawns, even with no loot inside

Same thing happens just a bit below the map in the "spoils of war" place which is inside a shipwrecked boat. There is a chest you can loot but it wont clear the spot. Also, you cant examinate the witcher logo in the wall of the boat.
This place: http://witcher3map.com/v/#6/-74.934/-137.736/m=-74.750,-144.930

There are 3 chests inside the ship's hold.

Last edited:
Seem to be having an inordinate amount of trouble getting simple red mutegins since the 1.06 patch I have stacks of green and blue but only managed 3 plain red the others are red but marked warewolf etc specific to the monster they were looted from they wont combiine into a greater red I don't know if this is by design or a bug.

Last edited:
Hey there

Couldn't find a mention of a couple bugs in the main post of this topic so here goes:

1- Setting mutagens in the character screen affects stats TEMPORARILY. Meaning, if I save and reload, or in other circumstances (didn't test it thoroughly), the way a Red mutagen affects your attack power and blue mutagen affects your sign intensity DECREASES. I have to manually unequip the mutagens and re-equip them to set things right. This is very annoying as you can imagine as I only check this screen when I level up...

2- Now this bug might get me lots of heat from players who use this exploit, but I think swords with a default buff are broken. I have seen videos and posts by people who are practically invincible because of this bug. Basically , you get a sword with a default buff, like 10% stagger, stun, burning,freeze etc... Ususally these swords come with 3 slots so these people add on top of that buff whatever rune they want. What they get, is a sword that has a 100% chance of causing its default buff... Just search on youtube "witcher staggerlock"... There's a level 20 dude taking down a level 48 archgriffin using staggerlock.
Now I was NOT able to replicate this bug personally. I got the exact same sword with +10 Stagger (on Faroe in a cave) but it doesn't work at all. Same for a +10 stun sword that I had. So not sure what conditions are required to cause the bug... Perhaps it's the sign intensity that is also broken by the way? ( some people exceed 100% using some method..)

Okay. I am really unhappy about this. I was playing last night and I got multiple cut scenes getting stuck.
It happened a couple of times in the quest where the Wild Hunt attacks Kaer Morhen.

It stucks in the cutscene before Geralt, Lambert, and Letho go to the woods and the scene after Vesimir dies ( the time when Ciri Explodes ).

I just press skip to go to the next cut scene. That was the only solution. I already reloaded the game a couple of times to go back to the cut scenes but still get stuck right there.

Another stuck up with a black screen happened just after the scene where Geralt and CIri ride for Velen at dawn to kill Imlerith in the Bald Mountain quest.
I needed to reload the check point to move on.

My Rig is pretty decent, I ran at an average of 55 to 60 fps mostly in the game at max settings ( 40ish when attacked by a pack of wolves ).

Core i54690k
GTX 970 Jetstream
8 GB ram
W7 Ultimate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom