Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaer Morhen (Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear), south from Waypoint Kaer Morhen.. Loot Hironimus Notes and Read = OK.. Check on the Wall with Witcher Sense the Roots = OK.. he say.. have to activate a Powerstone.. if you check the Powerstone on the right... AND ACTIVATE.. he says.. Portal are instabile.. need one Powerstone more..

The fault is.. i make what he said.. activate the first Powerstone.. then he needs one MORE.. but.. if you have the first activated.. you CANT LOOT the other 2th Powerstone.. around.... so the Quest gets Stuck..

spooken Text needs a update like: Check the wooden Roots on Wall.. = I need TWO Powerstone BEVOR i can Activate.. have first look around for the Other!!
(and internal.. does not matter if i activate.. the first Stone and after this.. i find the other.. prevent to get stuck with the Quest)

And in this Area (Bastion) Flying Bears and Wolfes around^^

Last edited:
Kaer Morhen (Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear), south from Waypoint Kaer Morhen.. Loot Hironimus Notes and Read = OK.. Check on the Wall with Witcher Sense the Roots = OK.. he say.. have to activate a Powerstone.. if you check the Powerstone on the right... AND ACTIVATE.. he says.. Portal are instabile.. need one Powerstone more..

The fault is.. i make what he said.. activate the first Powerstone.. then he needs one MORE.. but.. if you have the first activated.. you CANT LOOT the other 2th Powerstone.. around.... so the Quest gets Stuck..

spooken Text needs a update like: Check the wooden Roots on Wall.. = I need TWO Powerstone BEVOR i can Activate.. have first look around for the Other!!
(and internal.. does not matter if i activate.. the first Stone and after this.. i find the other.. prevent to get stuck with the Quest)

Not sure what you're talking about.

https://youtu.be/hVQMEVVeNdo?t=1m30s

Hi there,

just sent a bug about my save-files getting corrupted, wanted to inform on here as well, i had a crash and now i can't even create/load a new game.

tried re-checking/correcting game files through steam, tried re installing the game on steam, tried admin authorization/admin compability on witcher3.exe , none of them works.

thank you for your patience and immediate care about the issue. Hoping it to be solved in 24 hours.

Good luck, have fun.

edit:: it means that i can't play the game i've paid for and kept playing for 52 hours.

Hi there,

just sent a bug about my save-files getting corrupted, wanted to inform on here as well, i had a crash and now i can't even create/load a new game.

tried re-checking/correcting game files through steam, tried re installing the game on steam, tried admin authorization/admin compability on witcher3.exe , none of them works.

thank you for your patience and immediate care about the issue. Hoping it to be solved in 24 hours.

Good luck, have fun.

edit:: it means that i can't play the game i've paid for and kept playing for 52 hours.

If you seriously expect your problem to be solved within 24 hours, you could start by being clear.

First you mention that it's your save games that have been corrupted. But in the next sentence you mention that you cannot even start a new game. This implies that it has NOTHING to do with the save files.

Second, you mention a crash but without giving any details. What happened? Blue screen? Error message? In what circumstances? Developers are not all knowing mages. This is real life. They need details in order to help you.

Third, your footnote doesn't help. We've all paid for the game. They're practically releasing patches on a weekly basis and in my book, doing a damn good job so far. It's a HUGE game and bugs were to be expected. Your problem is clearly something related to your environment (OS issue, hardware issue....) so no need to put the pressure on them.

Save while stood next to the second powerstone.
Exit and restart game, the stone can now be looted, then placed into the portal.

I reported a bug for "A Price of Honor" quest where you can't open a sunken chest even if you have the key. It shows "unlock", but doesn't really do anything. If you could add it to the list, it would be great. (patch 1.06)

Got problem with "Get Junior" quest. The problem is that Vernon Roshe just stands in rebel camp, he has green nick and you can't talk to him, he's completly inactive. Patch 1.06 Thank you

The game freeze sometimes when I fight versus 3 bandits. The Witcher 3 not work, the only solution, go to desktop.

The game crashes at the same point every time.
During "wandering in the dark" when the hounds are attacking, I will finish the second portal and then the screen turns black, the game crashes and I am returned to windows. Though the ambient sound keeps playing. And wont stop. I must restart the computer.

Tried it several times now, always same result. I have tried many settings, and also installed the latest AMD GFX drivers.
No change.

1. both in 1.05 and 1.06, it happened to me couple of times that Geralt switched to some kind of non-diving mode, where I could not make him dive, he just kept swimming on water surface. Game restart fixed that.

2. quest "Shortcut" got into glitched state when I first looted the chest related to the quest and picked up the letter that points to the chest afterwards. Quest says I should read the letter but even when I read it, the quest does not move on. The first step of the quest (read letter) is marked "in progress" while the looting step after it is marked as done. The quest is still hanging in list of unfinished treasure hunts.

Noticed a couple of bugs:

1) I am unable to complete the "Out of the Frying Pan Into the Fire" quest. I have found the hidden chest and looted it, but the quest will not turn over into "completed" status.

2) There is a bandit camp south of the Condyle marker that will not mark as completed, even though I've dealt with the bandits and emptied all the lootable containers.

I am playing on PC, and specs vary depending on whether I'm on my rig or my laptop, but I encounter both bugs on both machines.

In the griffin in the highlands I found the Griffin, but couldn't beat it so I left it alone to return when I had leveled up more. Now I can't find the Griffin. It's still in the quests, and when selected tells me to search for clues and find the Griffin, but there are no clues. I went to where the Griffin was before, but now a cyclops was there. I fast traveled to skellige, and from there it shows on the map where the Griffin quest should be, so I placed a marker, and traveled back, and yup, it was where the cyclops was. Additional note; I did complete the quest with the acid, when I killed another Arch Griffin, but that Griffin didn't have a quest attached to it that I know of. So I think by completing the quest the way I did it created a problem with the original quest. Anyway, now I can't complete the Griffin in the Highlands. Anyone else find this cyclops there where the Griffin should be?

Additional: The other Arch Griffin I killed belonged to: The Creature from the Oxenfurt Forest. I was lucky I was able to kill it, mostly by running away. It was this Griffin I got the acid from to complete the Master Armorer, and get the armor from Yonna, and why I can't find the Arch Griffin now to actually complete the Griffin in the Highlands quest.

Last edited:
I have a bug in 1.05 but not sure if anyone had it or if it still exist in 1.06 (because I had lost my savegames I cannot check myself) but everything I killed in An Skellig (humans and monsters) died in an odd way. Only happened in that island.

View attachment 17511

I also reported it in other thread, but I'll post it here anyway([Quest Bug] Contract : The Mystery of the Byways Murders):
Another minor bug related to this, I found it in 1.05 and 1.06 as well. When you talk with the Nilfgardian commander in Oreton, the given objective is checked in green, but as soon as you arrive on Byways it becomes labeled as failed.

View attachment 17512

Have another one recorded in a video: https://youtu.be/djVGsY1juTU

I was trying to get the box behind the boat and Geralt somehow started to swim when I tried to jump on the boat. He's stuck and can't do anything more.

Location: Inside the herbalist home in the Ruined Inn(between Fyresdal and Grotto, in Ard Skellig island).

Also, not have evidence for this, but when going in boat, I approach the shore and a monster suddenly appears(or if I just get too close to ones already lurking the area), I can hear screams of people like if they were there and were afraid but there are no one else but Geralt and monsters. Not sure if the problem is only mine but decided to report it nonetheless. On a second thought, perhaps the boat doesn't have to do with this because I remember I was swimming to get a trasure and passed over the carcass of a Downer and hear someone screaming.

Attachments

• 2lm19mo.jpg
    2lm19mo.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 1zoey6v.jpg
    1zoey6v.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I will confirm there ia a glitch where Geralt swims and then gey atuck in the boat still aubmerged in the water. Yes, he is in the middle of the boat that when he get's out of the water it is stuck to hiswaist.

Reported my bugs, but I'll add these to the list;
During Contract: Mysterious Tracks the Chort Lure disappeared from my alchemy as soon as I picked up the fiend dung required to create it. Now I cannot complete the quest because of this.

Doing the new DL content Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear the chest that you need to open at the signal tower does not let me open or nor does it show up as a chest that can be opened. The other part of the same quest doesn't even show me an area to go to. I looked up where it is supposed to be and cannot open anywhere there either. I've already collected most of the upgrades but I can't get the basic set....

Melusine (Boss) from Bridegroom Quest bugs

Hi :)
When using Aard on Melusine, the Monster floats in the air instead of falling to the ground.

Attachments

• 292030_2015-06-23_00006.jpg
    292030_2015-06-23_00006.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 58
Origin The Witcher 3 Achievement BUG

Read 30 books, journals or other documents.

No way to trigger Bookworm

Attachments

• gfgtrt0000.jpg
    gfgtrt0000.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
The yrden upgrade, "Magic Trap," is not applying the 50% damage boost. It does 170dmg at 1/3 and 3/3. I also tested it against actual enemies (not just reading off player stats) and it does not seem to be applying the damage bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom