Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Blackbough Blacksmith isn't responding, tried everything (nudge with horse, fast traveling, save/load, etc.), not a major problem, but irritating.

My Claywich barber is likely dead...why is his Distress location so bloody far away.. regardless... he hasn't appeared there.

Still issues with some Abandoned site Merchants not appearing, one did in fact appear and could be talked to, but his symbol wasn't on the map and his "I want to buy nothing from you sir" option didn't show his inventory.

Also Loot spawns are still very strange, it still seems to reset every time you put the container in black space (Off screen), i know the game engine renders only what is visible...so probably part of the issue.

Yes,confirm that one of the three troll inthe quest ''The Final Trial'' attack you when you hand over your sworld..oh my god how mutch it's bugged this game..

Evening.
I7 4790
Gtx 980ti in sli
msi g45 gaming motherboard
16gb 1600 ddr3

Since I updated I noticed that my gpu usage is significantly lower than it used to be. I used to have both gpus in the 90s at least prior to 1.07. Now, I regularly see usage on both in the 70s and 80s, and sometimes lower. This is obviously reflected in my frame rate as well. I used to average 80+, now I sit closer to 60 more often than not. Has anyone else seen this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Pete

---------- Updated at 01:19 AM ----------

I also run at 1440p with everything maxed. I haven't check cpu usage yet, but I will tonight and repost to this and my other topic as well.

I've had a few bugs over the weeks I have been playing. I'm a 'completist; for want of a better term. I check behind every building, wall, rock, whatever. If there are ruins I will spend inordinate amounts of ways to see if I can search it or not (the overgrown siege tower in the middle of nowhere on one of the Skellige islands for example) and if I can explore it, I will! I have also been to the top of some mountains I doubt you are meant to get to the top of after countless slope surfing in an effort to find that one toe hold that will get me a further jump up the slope... Needless to say, I have spent far more time on this game than for the quests I've actually completed - I'm level 26 and have played almost daily since release day! Sad I know...

Anyway, my point is that I have forgotten mpre glitches than I can remember (ironically enough) as I fooleshly don't document them as they happen. The few Ihave posted in the past were:-

1) There is a 'bandit camp' on the west coast of Valen in the slope down from the road occupied by cannibals. Most were killed by Muckluckers (or whatever) and I can clean up the last cannibal and all of the monsters myself and collect the treasure. The location however remains on my map as not done (the symbol remains pure white instead of changing to grey.

2) There are some ruins on the same coastline with a pirate camp in and beside. It is possible to climb up to the top of what's left of the ruined tower to see what you are dealing with. You can also enter through the section of missing floor boards (nothing of interest in there) but not be able to get back out.

3) Many paths and roads on the map just don't exist. To be honest, I liked that - real maps are like that but it is somewhat annoying when you are attempting to go somewhere so you ride your faithful steed, follow the road that leads to a steep mountain side or a body of water deep enough to stop Roach.

4) Gangs of New York... Errrm sorry, you know what I mean. Searched Junior out myself, now I speak to Cleaver and only options I get are, "I don't want to be involved in their squabbles" - quest neither completes nor fails, but I still have an open quest telling me to "Consider Cleaver's offer..." that I can't do. I NEED RESOLUTION ON THESE THINGS!!! Please...

5) Apiarian Phantom Quest - can't open the basement door!

6) Runes still showing 0% Attack Power... I thought I read that it was to be fixed in the last patch, I may be wrong?

7) I sometimes have a flying horse! Good for travel in a straight line towards a marker, but once I get off, I can't get back on. Mostly east of Novigrad. In game fix is to run until the horse marker is off the minimap and whistle for Roach who is once again on the ground.

8) :cool: On the west coast with all the shipwrecks - I managed to get inside one of the sunken wrecks to kill two drowners inside. I found they were trapped inside 'cages'(?), there was no treasures inside, but also, once in, you can't get back out!

Just recently a few more would be in no particular order:-

9) Exploring an desert island somewhere in a cluster of small rocks with snow and trees in Skellige near some question marks, jumping back in my little sail boat after finding nothing and falling through the bottom of the boat into the sky far above and freefalling for several seconds and splatting to death on the beach next to the boat!
Reloading the last save option was fine...

10) Getting out of a boat in Skellige to fight Drowners on a beach only to fall under the water with nothing but water in every direction, no features, breathing just fine, but unable to go up or down or exit the water in any way.

11) Several times I have climbed off of Roach or jumped out of a boat and the camera sits just behind Geralt's eyes. Looking in any direction other than where Geralt's eyes are looking (no camera rotating) would blind you in light grey inner skull and Geralt's clipping hair. Rebooting the game required to get back on track.

12) Heart of the woods: Find the marked villager. I ran around and around and around using my witcher's senses, spoke to EVERYONE and entered every building I could. I even searched outside of the village and the orange circle. Not even the tiniest of clues or markings. Travelled to the next village, headed of to do a side quest, came back and searched for the marked villager again but to no avail. Closed down, searched a walkthrough to see what I was missing (nothing I could see - off topic, that walkthrough was nothing like the experience I had in my game??). Turned off the computer and headed out to do some things for two hours. Upon reloading the game, witcher senses tingling and search commenced - far canal! The washerwoman (or whatever she was, Hilde?) didn't have any small easy to miss but looked like she was on fire!!!! I had passed her several times and spoken to them all every time during my search!

13) Killing wraiths in the basement of the burnt out building (was it a pub?) saw their loot jump outside of the building in the grass outside the ruined walls!? They have respawned a couple of times.

14) Still in Skellige somewhere, a coast road atop a cliff was about four 'pirates' (below the Iron Maiden encounter). Killed em all with ease. Walked up the coast a few metres to have a look and came back to kill two more. Move back some, moved forward again and killed two more over and over and over. Bodies were piling up into a macabre blending together of parts. Not sure I got any XP, know I didn't get any loot. Will go back again later to see if they are still there.

15) Same island; got Treasure in the Depths, read the clue, got the quest, then "Quest Complete"! What? Super Glowing Endrega still alive in the cave with it's horde of evil bug minions... and I assume when I come back to it later, so is the treasure? Nearly killed my level 26 Geralt with one hit and ensuing poison, so I'll wait and go back later.

And I have forgotten anything else I had in mind to mention; it's how it works innit?

I have, regardless of these issues (no quests actually broken in the long run by these glitches), had a shirt load of fun playing this game. It is still very pretty to look at, the NPCs are often something quite impressive to look at with not all (a few merchants and witch hunters perhaps) looking alike (my other favourite game is of course Dragon Age in all issues and every Ferelden looks like a blood relative to every other Ferelden!) and even little things like differing body shapes impress me - of which, if you look, there are many. And I have taken down several monsters out of my league (the red skull ones) when I have had room to dodge and Quen and otherwise buff. Lots of options are possible. Love the (as buggy as it seems - but nothing breaking) game.

I run a i7-4790 at 3.60GHz
8 GB memory
Windows 7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750.

-- The Roc

(Objectives Bug) PC patch 1.07 : Contract - Here comes the Groom: "Ask Kevan about the contract"
Strange Beasts: "Talk to the village elder in Larvik"

Last edited:
Nice megathread. Glad someone created this, and also glad someone made it a sticky. And I hope CDPR staff actually reads these...

other bugs
  • saving your game while it's raining and reloading causes the rain to stop, even though the weather still displays as raining. Quitting to desktop and reloading the save causes the rain to begin again as expected.

This was fixed in 1.07, as far as I can tell. But a new related bug was introduced: now it rains inside of houses (at least, houses located out of Novigraad). Can't say which bug is worse (I guess the new one).

5) Apiarian Phantom Quest - can't open the basement door!

I had this trouble on the "A Poet Under Pressure" quest. The trapdoor to the cellar of the halflings home was hard to open, but I managed it. It seems that the "press A to open" trigger is harder to come up. Another bug introduced by 1.07. Seems that the patch fixed a lot of stuff, but introduced several new bugs too.

On a personal note, the only way that all the bugs (at least on PC) will be taken care of is when the development kit is released (hopefully soon). That way, users themselves will be able to fix the bugs, and also release patches, like the unofficial skyrim patches, for example. Reason is simple: numbers. Millions of game players can fix the bugs much faster than hundreds (or maybe tenths) of CDPR employees.

My game keeps freezing on Geralt's first conversation with Keira (the scene when she's taking a bath).
I can still hear the audio and can still continue the conversation by pressing the number keys, but the video stopped completely and once they're finished talking, boom, crash to desktop.
I can't continue playing like this....

Happened to me again that after getting hit from a monster while being in a block, i cannot attack the monster anymore no matter what. pressing buttons on my mouse does nothing, cannot sheath the sword or anything.. yet i can still close the game, same mouse buttons work in the menu, so i know its not the issue of my mouse or keyboard... if I restart the game, everything works ok again..

Yea, for the first time during a fight, I noticed there was some instances when I couldn't attack with Rend (strong attack). It only seems to last a few moments, however and I could easily enough continue with fast attacks. Not sure it happened during a dodge, or a block (it was a Cyclops, so I doubt I tried blocking).

But something is odd about combat.

- Everything in options doesn't save (graphic settings, audio, HUD settings, etc). They always got reset everytime I exit the game. I need to spend an extra couple of minutes to re-configure everything every single time. So very annoying.

Gotta uncheck Read Only on your user.settings file.

Also, in case these haven't been listed here:

- Hold Shift to compare in stores not there after 1.07.

- Alchemy Formula Pin Tutorial displays every time Alchemy menu is opened after 1.07.

- Superior Thunderbolt grants 100% crit chance at all times, clear weather included (predates 1.07)

To add to my previous post from yesterday, was out sailing in my tiny boat catching some rays, looking at the beautiful Skellige scenery, etc., etc. Come across a smugglers cache (silly smugglers must be losing so much stuff to my equally thieving Geralt - shhhhh, don't tell them) kill a bunch of sirens and echidnas collect the smuggled goods, climb back into my boat, press 'E' to grab the tiller and continue on my merry way when I suddenly jump up into the air (only about normal jumping hight, maybe a tad more but not a lot) and smash down on the end of the tiller - Geralt's blood and guts EVERYWHERE! Smuggler's caches are easy so last save was two caches previously. Grrrr...

And totally new: Went back to the ruined inn and the building with the two wraiths in basement, yep they'd respawned. Easy kill and again their loot was thrown upstairs, this time only one was outside of the ruins itself, the other was in the rubble of the ground floor. Manage to grab it but somehow fell through the floor and get caught in the air! Looked like Geralt had literally fallen and got snagged by his collar or perhaps an armour buckle and was just waving his hands around wildly (couldn't look down so I can only assume he was kicking his feet too). Only thing missing was cries of "Help! Help! Somebody get me down! Hellllllllllllp!" Not that Geralt would be such a crybaby, but he obviously needed help. Nothing freed him but a reload.... which thankfully I had done upon reaching port.

-- The Roc

"...when I suddenly jump up into the air (only about normal jumping hight, maybe a tad more but not a lot) and smash down on the end of the tiller - Geralt's blood and guts EVERYWHERE!..."

"... but somehow fell through the floor and get caught in the air! Looked like Geralt had literally fallen and got snagged by his collar or perhaps an armour buckle and was just waving his hands around wildly..."

-- The Roc

Hey mate! Are you using the new "alternative movement for Geralt" option? I'm taking a wild guess that it's what's responsible for introducing this whole kind of new bugs. I'll switch back to the old movement option (got use to it after a while) and see if these bugs persist.

The quest ''Reason of State'' went from Completed to Failed when On Thin Ice started in the final main quest. For no reason.The game is update to 1.07..and the side quest '' The Nobleman and The Soldier Statuette'' is still bugged,i'm in act 3 and if i talk about the statue to Triss,during the quest ''Blindlingly Olivious'' she start to walk in circle,but if i ask after complete the quest of Philippa,she became stuck in the house where she was in Novigrad,without option to finish the quest and i must say that during act 1 i had complete the quest '''' The Nobleman statue'' ,but after complete the quest '''Blindlingly Olivious'',it's return in my diary..(and it's bugged).Please make a retro-fix..Thanks Dear Guys at Cd Project Red,please fix..
Bug.Bug.Everywhere.

[1.07] Pinned alchemy items tip bug. The tips about pinning alchemy/crafting continues to display upon each game load. Normally tips are never seen after dismissing them once, but these new tips re-appear.

A temporary workaround is to disable tutorial tips in the Options menu, but it's still clearly a bug that could be fixed.

Related bug thread | Also posts on NeoGAF

----

Personally I've also experienced a missing texture in Skellige leading up to the Kaer Trolde bridge, sounds of people in Dijkstra's bathouse when completely empty, and an Igni'd beehive not becoming lootable. However I'm not sure if these are isolated cases or widely experienced.

Hey mate! Are you using the new "alternative movement for Geralt" option? I'm taking a wild guess that it's what's responsible for introducing this whole kind of new bugs. I'll switch back to the old movement option (got use to it after a while) and see if these bugs persist.

I've changed nothing. Not even installed the patch as my game, though it has a few quirks, it has no game/quest breaking glitches I've encountered yet (annoying, bizarre, downright funny - yes). I haven't even installed any patches (I'm on v1.03) until I hear all of the complaints about fixes that break more and often do more damage. When I hear it is pretty fine, I'll patch then.

-- The Roc

1. I didn't have any problems with Pop-In of NPCs before 1.07. Now I have them and they are indeed pretty annoying. I noticed them in Novigrad.
I thought the Patch should solve this issue. Why do I even have this problem now?
Prior to the patch I reinstalled the game on my SSD instead of my HDD. Is it possible that the Pop-in issue is worse on an SSD or is it the patch?

2. I believe the overall performance outside of the cities is better, more constant. But in the cities, especially Novigrad it is way worse.

3. The quest "Wanna look at my stuff?" is broken.

4. A small thing: The temporary effects on the screen are not scaling accordingly to the settings for the HUD-Size. It stays big.

(I started a new game after the patch 1.07.)

Last edited:
Skellige's Most Wanted involves killing a werewolf after a long pursuit and much conversation. Unfortunately, he can't be killed. When his health drops to zero he does a little war dance in the arena which goes on as long as you care to stand there and watch. He's unhittable and unkillable.

With 1.07 and the statuettes that you can take to Triss. I'd already done the noblemans yet I still have it in my inventory and when trying to do the soldier statuette Triss takes us back into the Bits (?) but the rest of the sequence doesn't play out. For either the solider or nobleman (from being given the option) statuettes.

This is all while in the Final Preparations task sequence.

I have two bugs two report:

1) Scavenger Hunt: Wolf Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 5 is bugged, the chest where the diagram is supposed to be stored is empty, but the diagram is found in the chest of the Scavenger Hunt: Wolf Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 1 quest... so this quest cannot be completed regardless you already have the diagram.
View attachment 19714
View attachment 19715
View attachment 19716

NEVERMIND... THE DIAGRAM IS IN THE WELL AND i CONFUSED IT!

2) There is another treasure hunt quest named "Hidden in the Dephts" in Skellige Islands, the only objective listed is to read the letter you found in the dead body at the entrance of the cave. Once you read it the quest becomes completed. You might miss the real treasure hunt it if you don't investigate the cave because you would probably think you got the treasure while wandering in the world, thus the complete status.

Attachments

• 2h51wmq.jpg
    2h51wmq.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 11jal3o.jpg
    11jal3o.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 2ci8n4j.jpg
    2ci8n4j.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Status