Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Format: PC. Steam version
Patch: 1.08
Introduction

Yennifer's face doesn't appear, its only a black blob.

Hello,

[strike]not knowing if already said here (I am just in White Orchid and want to avoid spoilers) but I see that in WHITE ORCHARD AREA (at least) MANY of the "Igni" icons for turn on/off candles and such ARE NOT SHOWING IGNI ICON, but AARD icon (symbol and colour, blue).[/strike]
---> Firget this: I have realised that "turning ON" uses Igni and "turning OFF" does Aard, so it is OK. No bug.

Also, I don't know if the following is a "bug" or it is intended (in that case that breaks with W1/2):

After giving Lena -well, giving to the herbalist of White Orchid- the Swallow potion and quest is finished, it adds more lines saying that "when you went to Velen" (I gues IN THE FUTURE...) Geralt will find a Nilfgaardian soldier to be joining Len when Griffon attacked her but that after Geralt's potion she was alive but lost her mind. Is it NORMAL to be given at that early stage -where Lena IS ALREADY ill in White Orchid- all that "FUTURE" information or those lines should trigger later on?

1.-What I have been seeing with 1.06-1.08 is that in some locations NPCs SUDDENLY SPAWN in my face, even having that "max number of NPC" option at ultra.

2.-Some issues with overlapping (clipping) NPC models:

In Nilfgaardian camp in White Orchard there was a soldier sitting on a chair (I did not see heim...) and just in the same space another standing on foot soldier -clipping in brutal way-. Also after chasing the false merchant near former location just after dialog sccene his horse and himself were occupying the same space.

(3.-)What I don't think is a bug but should be fixed or at least give the choice is the "sunny nights". Difference between day and night in terms of light is ONLY the colour of that light, not quantity... I mean nights do not seem to be nights, there's too much light.

Best regards.

Last edited:
I found a bug where the door leading to the 1st floor in Whoreson Juniors hideout won't unlock. Can't seem to find any more keys, and the guards outside even dropped 6 estate keys.

EDIT: Please disregard this, i'm a moron. Now how do i delete posts?

Last edited:
in Witcher 3 after patch 1.08 i continuously (not everyone) find enemies in the question-marks while exploring the world that REFUSE TO DIE even after way too much damage AFTER their health bar depletes ..am i the only one here with this ?? leader wolves (wags or something), wraiths and specters, ghouls etc...

(i realized my comment was to vague so here are more info)

1 - this bug so far hasn't effected any main mission, its just in the open world exploration part
2 - it doesn't have to do with the lvl of the enemy, (so far) both above and below me keep not dying
3 - i have modded my steam version but the mod has NOTHING to do with the levels or anything (its the console commands enabler)
4 - Closing and Starting the game again fixes this but it still keeps happening after a while ( 30+ minutes and several monster/animal fights)

Last edited:
I have unlocked achievements since patch 1.08 but now I can't.
I verified the game, I have no mods and I dont know why this happens

Format: PC. GOG version
Patch: 1.08

Format: Steam
Patch: not sure, I came back to 1.08 and broken game.

Windows 7 locks up and requires a reset. Game used to run fine, took a break and came back to 1.08 and a game that no longer works.

AMD 9590 4.7 GHz w 16 GB RAM win 7 home premium and Radeon R9 290x

I have done everything on my end I could, turn settings to lowest and everything inbetween. Boot into win7 with nothing running but a clean windows. Drivers up to date, and still random system lockups caused by witcher 3. Can not play this game now, here is hoping you fix it sooner rather than later or someone has a workaround for me to try, please!

PC Patch 1.08
All current 15 DLCs installed

Feline silver sword (base) stats show 20% monster experience gain but character sheet shows 0%

Not sure if this is a inventory glitch.

I have Monster Essence in my inventory. But every time I go to a any merchant, blacksmith, armorer or herbalist Monster Essence disappears from my inventory.

From what I have read online Monster Essence needs to be dismantled in order for me to acquire Dark Essence.

some bugs, none major
1. it seems d people work for too long, it seems unreal; once I even saw them working in the rain
2. Gravity does not seem to apply to NPCs carrying heavy boxes/cartons; they almost always have a spring in their step and sometimes are not even touching the ground

improvs aft 1.08
falls are proper now; thanks a lot for that!

TAB + Mouse selection is a bad design choice for selecting bombs/crossbow, need to b able to assign keyboard/mouse button

I have been playing on Easy so far so never really needed to use the crossbow or bombs
bt now i intend to play d game as properly n methodically as i did with TW2, crafting potions, creating bombs etc
what pisses me off now tho is there is no easy way to select the crossbow/bombs!

hvin to select Tab n move ur mouse to select the required bomb etc is too much a hassle n a bad design choice for PC
you should at least b able to map a key to ur keyboard/mouse e.g. I have mapped 3+Q to my keyboard for Aard so i dont hv to do d time-wasting double key press
same consideration should b given to d bombs n crossbow as d TAB+Mouse selection takes you out of d immersion n is just too slow

kindly fix

Last edited:
One week after his death was still there, she who was to be buried.

Hi, can anyone tell me if a broken quest already saved in a game save file can be fixed with a patch or will it remain broken for ever? I have the problem on a side quest that a chest I opened and loot didn't get correctly marked as looted in the save and now the quest remains open and I cannot loot the chest again because the necessary key is gone.

Hi, can anyone tell me if a broken quest already saved in a game save file can be fixed with a patch or will it remain broken for ever? I have the problem on a side quest that a chest I opened and loot didn't get correctly marked as looted in the save and now the quest remains open and I cannot loot the chest again because the necessary key is gone.

I wouldn't count for it to ever be fixed retroactively. Revert to the previous save if it's not far back, otherwise forget it.

---------- Updated at 06:42 PM ----------

I wouldn't count for it to ever be fixed retroactively. Revert to the previous save if it's not far back, otherwise forget it.

in Witcher 3 after patch 1.08 i continuously (not everyone) find enemies in the question-marks while exploring the world that REFUSE TO DIE even after way too much damage AFTER their health bar depletes ..am i the only one here with this ?? leader wolves (wags or something), wraiths and specters, ghouls etc...

(i realized my comment was to vague so here are more info)

1 - this bug so far hasn't effected any main mission, its just in the open world exploration part
2 - it doesn't have to do with the lvl of the enemy, (so far) both above and below me keep not dying
3 - i have modded my steam version but the mod has NOTHING to do with the levels or anything (its the console commands enabler)
4 - Closing and Starting the game again fixes this but it still keeps happening after a while ( 30+ minutes and several monster/animal fights)

Hi ! No, you are not the only one.

i'm currently experiencing this really annoying bug while i'm doing a quest about some magical pigs (EDIT: Fool's gold DLC quest), and 2 bandits refuse to die and prevent me to achieve my quest. Restarting the game didn't solve anything here.

Game : v1.08.1, gog game

EDIT: I actually solved my problem by loading a previous save game, still a strange bug anyway.

Last edited:
@Seally
I honestly can't say for sure, but I don't' think that it did at that time. I did try all kinds of key presses to get out, however I doubt I would have tried spacebar.

I'm getting constant freezing on my game, even at Kaer Morhen at the beginning. It started after I updated to 1.08.1, but before ran perfectly.
My specs are:
CPU: Pentium G3258, OC @4.2ghz
GPU: GTX 750 w/2GB of VRAM
RAM: 8GB
I was (and still am, surprisingly) able to run the game locked at 30 fps, with some settings on High, and with Hairworks enabled. I really don't want to roll back the update, since I consider the stash and alternative movement must-have, so I hope something can be done about these freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom