Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[NG+][1.08.3] Power overwhelming achievement doens't click.

This is my second walkthrough, and power overwhelming achievement doesn't click in after catching five places of power in White Orchard. Will this be fixed?

Just finished TW3 and these are the quest related bugs I encountered and wasn't able to resolve in some fashion.
Note: I started this play-through on version 1.07 and finished it on 1.08

- Reason of State
I killed Radovid and stopped Dijkstra. The quest is marked completed in my journal. However if I advance the story to the final part this quest suddenly becomes failed. The quest description also changes from one of conclusion to a 'not sure why the witcher walked away after getting involved" conclusion.

- The Soldier Statuette
I did not receive this quest prior to Triss leaving. I had decompressed one statue before she left. When she returned later in the game I was able to speak to her about this and begin this quest. She took me to a house to decompress the next statue but nothing happened. In my journal this quest is stuck at "Talk to Triss about the statuette." and it's marked complete and that's it. Ever since this point I've been unable to interact/talk with Triss at all.

- A Plea Ignored
There's a locked check but despite the fact that I've never sold or destroyed any non-weapons/armor the entire game I don't appear to have the key. This quest is now stuck in the "Find the valuables in the burned-down home using your Witcher Senses."

- Not Only Eagles Dare
I've been over every inch of the sea bottom highlighted by the quest and there is nothing interactable. I believe I may have looted the target of the quest PRIOR to getting the quest. This quest is now stuck in the "Find the underwater treasure using your Witcher Senses."

- Inheritance
Same deal as above, I'm almost positive I looted the chest prior to the quest beginning and now the quest will not advance and is stuck at "Find the treasure chest using your Witcher Senses."

In "skellige isles" every beast come back to life after mediation and you can kill them again and again(explode XP ,item,skin .....) For example:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 72
Please fix the bug were you get a ctd after the cut scene of Gerald releasing the bug or whatever into the mists in the main mission i cannot progress....... i get the loading cutscene for about 1-2 sec then CTD every time :(

have been playing a lil more thn my usual quota of late; these are things tht trouble me

1. Need an easy button configuration for Crossbow/bombs just like Signs; the Tab+Mouse selection is very tedious and un-PC-like

2. Many many times Blacksmiths/Armorers icons don't show up in map (even for those I have visited earlier)

3. Gravity does not seem to apply to NPCs carrying boxes

4. Formula keeps getting auto unpinned

5. Often the Blacksmith/Armorer is missing from his shop till I Meditate (during normal work hours)

6. Can't trade with many merchants (in Novigrad at least); they just talk random lines - not sure if this is a bug or intended feature

7. People work very long hours (in Novigrad at least); I have seen business go on as normal at 4:20 am!

8. I can't cancel a Gwent game after accidentally selecting the option to play with an NPC

9. Everything is closed/locked in the top section (one with Elector's square) of Novigrad!

10. I have unlocked the "Passed the Trial" achievement though I haven't finished the game!

Ok so I posted in another thread where a user seems to have the same issue than me but I do have constant crashes of the game on SLI setup whenever I swim or dive in water. Sometimes it's instantaneous, sometimes it takes 2 to 3 minutes. There's no crashlog generated in the Witcher 3 folder however Windows log viewer says :

Nom de l’application défaillante witcher3.exe, version : 3.0.5.29994, horodatage : 0x55d45c53
Nom du module défaillant : witcher3.exe, version : 3.0.5.29994, horodatage : 0x55d45c53
Code d’exception : 0xc00000fd
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000000e456f7
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1d94
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d0e4d71758aece
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\x64\witcher3.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\x64\witcher3.exe
ID de rapport : 6e39edab-5834-4157-ab11-374ebd39535b
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Of course I'm using the latest drivers from NVIDIA and this is a clean Windows 10 setup.

BIG ONES

sent Triss, Letho, Keira and Lambert, in that order and long ago in terms of both actual days and quests, to Kaer Morhen
but when I reach Kaer Morhen during Ugly Baby only Lambert is present!
i kno Triss romance is being handled, but what abt Letho and Keira
it breaks game logic for them not to b there, they needn't talk or do much but they need to be there

Last edited:
Just a small bug: the bandits on horseback near the Wheat Fields west of the Vegelbud Residence don't seem to respawn in my game. Their horses haven't dissapeared either, they just remained on the field ever since I first killed the bandits while passing through the area.

When Priscilla is introduced playing her song at the Kingfisher in Novigrad, the song is all broken up by a short pause between every line.
This is a really beautiful moment in the game and it is ruined by this. Please fix it!

I came to post this same issue. Please fix this as its a really important moment and the pauses take the wind out of its sails.

Can't complete quest "Reason of State". This is a strange one. I fight through all of Radovid's men in the street with Vernon and Ves and make it to the end of the blockade where I'm supposed to kill Radovid, but nothing happens, Vernon and Ves just stand there while Radovid yells for more men to attack, but no one attacks, unless I run back to the other end of the blockade and come back, 2 Witch Hunger Officers spawn that are level 27 and are un Killable, they don't take any damage from any attack from Vernon, Ves, or Geralt. I tried reloading before the attack starts but same scenario every time, it crashed once on me. I'm on the patch 1.08.

I've just talked to the mercenary chief in the mission "The beast of Oxenfurt wood", but once I talked to that man, my objective is not actualised, I'm stuck at "Talk to the mercenary".

I can't do the quest because of that. I hope you will fix that soon.

PS: This game is just awesome, continue in that way

Caranthir and Eredin Final Bosses are bugged and extremely easy to kill very dissappointing ending a game that way.

Saving and reloading during the quest Tedd Deireadh, the Final Age after Yennefer has activated her shield and the white frost blizzard conditions have begun causes both Yennefer's shield and the frost damage to disappear.

I would change this to major gamebreaking bug. Since this bug happend to me and would set me back several hours of gameplay if i hadnt have a save just before i did the horse escape with Yen...

No shield and snowstorm does kill you before you reach the end...

Last edited:
Hi, the main quest ugly baby is glitched and I cannot continue my main quest. This is horrible, please fix this issue and or tell me how to fix it. After talking to the sargeant, I am to go and pick up uma from the stable master, but he is nowhere to be seen. Also, the quest tracker doesn't appear at all. Please fix this and let me know if you know how to fix it. Thanks

Can't complete quest "Reason of State". This is a strange one. I fight through all of Radovid's men in the street with Vernon and Ves and make it to the end of the blockade where I'm supposed to kill Radovid, but nothing happens, Vernon and Ves just stand there while Radovid yells for more men to attack, but no one attacks, unless I run back to the other end of the blockade and come back, 2 Witch Hunger Officers spawn that are level 27 and are un Killable, they don't take any damage from any attack from Vernon, Ves, or Geralt. I tried reloading before the attack starts but same scenario every time, it crashed once on me. I'm on the patch 1.08.
I finally got past this bug, I reloaded to the beginning of the attack and just did as others suggested, I ran to the end of the blockade and defeated all guards there and that finally triggered the end sequence.

NPC pop-in has become unbearable. NPC's appearing right in front of Geralt, or completely disappearing. NPC's disappear from cutscenes and conversations. Enemy NPC's appear out of nowhere, in combat mode, and immediately attack, often times resulting in death of Geralt. Texture pop-ins have become increasingly worse, be it NPC's with missing hair, only for it to magically appear the closer you get, or clothing doing the same thing. NPC's from cutscenes having the same effect.

Geralt in conversations loses detail on his face, as does Triss, and various characters. LOD is completely broken. Shadows vanish the closer you move towards them, or fill in detail from 2 feet away from Geralt.

Sound cuts off, mainly music while adventuring, in combat or playing GWENT.

Using IGNI often times sets enemies aflame several meters away from Geralt. Two-Handed weapon enemies have no parry animation when you attack more than once, often resulting in Geralt just becoming dazed.

Shadow detail has become increasingly worse, at any setting, and the distance at which shadows render is insanely short, as in the ring around Geralt for foliage and debris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom