Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Treasure hunt for the first set of wolf gear, the second crystal doesn't spawn. Tried reloading, etc to no avail. Running v 110

Attachments

• 2015-10-18_00001.jpg
    2015-10-18_00001.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 129
Got a problem with travelling to Skellige. After the cutscene some pirates have -1 life and are not killable. So I´m not able to finish this main-quest.

Is there a solution? (Version is 1.11 + HoS but also happend under 1.10)

Attachments

• Witcher 3 - Reiseziel Skellige bug.jpg
    Witcher 3 - Reiseziel Skellige bug.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 112
Fake Papers is still bugged. Tried it several times. Only way it would complete is to let Albin die. Otherwise I get a few waves of corpse-eaters, then nothing else happens. If I approach him, he tells me to 'Piss off while you still got legs and bollocks!' Quest prompt is stuck at 'See what [he] wants'. This is not a new problem.

I think I worked out what's wrong: Bitter Harvest was active at the same time. There was one ghoul lurking just outside of the circle. I approached him, he entered the circle, I killed him, then I got credit for both quests.

Last edited:
I found something weird, I was exploring a little island ; here is the location : https://witcher3map.com/v/#6/-76.735/-79.354
And I had to swim for take the treasure but when I go to the water I heard the sound of some PNJ like if I was pushing them. But there is no PNJ in this location.

I gave you my save to check :
http://www.filedropper.com/gamesaveswitcher3

Version 1.11 (New game+)

Edit : I was unable to do again the bug, when I swim in this location I dont heard invisble PNJ, Though on my way to go to the Fyke island I heard them again, maybe this "invisible villager screaming" is random ?
Something I never had before, thats an annoying bug :(

Last edited:
Since Patch 1.11 I have been having these polygon HUGE bugs on some houses. It is not my GPU, because this didnt happen before.

This is in the swamps right after you meet the kids and the old woman after you follow the cookies or whatever is called (I am playing the game in spanish my native language).

It also happens in one of the houses where you first meet Letho. The house where you get the key.

I have:
i5 2400
660ti MSI Hawk
Latest Nvidia drivers, Windows 7.

Since Patch 1.11 I have been having these polygon HUGE bugs on some houses. It is not my GPU, because this didnt happen before.

This is in the swamps right after you meet the kids and the old woman after you follow the cookies or whatever is called (I am playing the game in spanish my native language).

It also happens in one of the houses where you first meet Letho. The house where you get the key.

I have:
i5 2400
660ti MSI Hawk
Latest Nvidia drivers, Windows 7.

These graphical "blobs" are all over the place: Houses, Caves, Ravines, Underwater, etc, et.al. Granted they are in isolated spots, but annoying none the less. They also tend to hide things you may need so search carefully in areas where there is supposed to be something and these blobs appear.

-MordenGeist

I found a FIX!! It worked for me at least. What I did was delete de x64 folder (C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64) And THEN I clicked on repair Gog Galaxy (it replaces the entire folder with a brand new one). If anybody is having similar problems this will fix it. I thought it had something to do with the dll files gone corrupt, and I think I was right.

Please share this, and CD Project guys, there is something wrong with the 1.10 to 1.11 Update, at least on Gog Galaxy (it corrupted my x64 files, or so it seemed).

Even if you guys have other type of problems, try this, it did wonders for me.

Last edited:
1. Blacksmiths still unavailable when you reach after Fast Travel; you have to meditate n only then they are free to talk
2. The crossbow doesn't shoot more times than it does; some drowners almost killed me yesterday
3. Please get rid of the tab+selection for crossbows and bombs and allow for simple 1/2 key macros like that for signs or the newly added T,F buttons for more potions

Last edited:
The -1 health enemys still exist, they just stand there with out attacking and you cant kill them, A real game breaker tbh as its stopping my progression through the game

View attachment 26638

Attachments

• witch bug.jpg
    witch bug.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
MY BIGGEST BUG EVER: today i started "Heart of Stone" with my Lev. ~37 Savegame and after a few minutes i realized there are NO MONSTERS or enemy NPCs in the new region. For example the cave where the lev 34 spiders must be, there are no spiders...nothing...i can loot all in the cave without any enemy contact.
After that I installed the new 1.11 pach, but nothing happens, there are still no monsters. A check of the installation with Galaxy Client have detected problems.
The whole week I 've been looking forward to play this awesome game and now this....i can't play...this sucks so much! :'(

I have the bug in Velen in the refugie camp and other locations were I have to free people from cages. I can fight all the bandits and kill them but the leader is always just standig there and not moving or reacting to me. I can attact him and without life he still stands there and I have the option to talk to him which wont work of course.
Therfore I dont get the key or the area is not cleared and the people who live there will not come back.
Loading an old savegame, leaving the area and restarting the game does not work.

Gamebreaking bug: I can't climb any ladders. Not sure if this happened after installing Hearts of Stone or patch 1.10, but in my game Geralt just does not react when I press the "E" key. He just stands there. I am stuck in "Open Sesame" quest from HoS because I can't get out of the basement.

Minor bugs I've also encountered in HoS: game crushes during cutscenes with Shani and some graphics won't load.

i have the same bug, cant climb any ladders, now i am stuck at the wedding in HoS, i can jump to the ledge to get up the ladder but shani is stuck at the bottom of the ladder, so i cannot continue the game.

Also lots of textures are missing.

Guest 3860156

The key binding on PC in default mode has "Call horse" and "Stop horse" on the same key "X". However if you try to change one of the you cannot use the same key for the other one afterwards. Meaning it is not possible to rebind "Call horse" and "Stop horse" to the same key even though it was this way in the default setting and it would be logical to do so.

Scenes from a Marriage - Progression Bug

Any ideas on how to fix this issue...

If you don't want to watch the video, basically the spectres don't spawn for me to kill and proceed with the quest.

---------- Updated at 08:01 PM ----------
I used the open locked doors mod to continue from the video above.

Missing floor after going to the ice version of the Olgeird house...

Last edited:
Motion Blur

Patch 1.11. Com'on. Motion blur still doesnt work as it should be.

It doesnt work in many locations and it's a real bugger for a people who playing the game with 30 fps lock.

Heres the results of a tests:

Motion blur works everywhere in Kaer Morhen and White Orchard.

Motion blur partially works in No Man's Land.

Motion blur 90% of the time doesnt work on Skellige Islands. (or doesnt work at all)

Please, fix it. 30 fps without motion blur is awful.

P.S. After more testing i came to a conclusion that this bug existing not only in PC version but on consoles as well.

Also it would be great if you wouldve increase amount of motion blur and give an option to adjust amount of it.

P.P.S. There is fps drops when switching tabs in the menu( map, inventory, etc.) when playing at 60 fps.

Velen - Banek Village, Mill glitch.

Key with Polish info glitch - item received from dead body of professor who knew about Mirror Master.

Last edited:
Hi,
Several bugs i have encountered during 2 hours of play(?) in HoS with the 1.11 patch version...
- ladders are not working, i can see the text of how to interact with the ladder but when i press the interact button nothing happens. If i fall down instead of using the ladder i couldn't go up, even the info text disappears. If you are in a cave, you're stucked there forever or until the next patch comes...
- missing mob in the new areas. I found several guarded(?) treasure locations without any monster guarding it
- missing NPCs. I encountered this in Bowdon. You can here the background sound (chitchat, laughing etc.) of the npcs but none of them you can see on the screen. It's also possible that the background sound is wrong and the village is empty...
- sometimes the ground textures are transparent.

Anyone else experiences these???

System spces:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/26/2015, 20:21:51
Machine name: ATTILA-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/01/12 09:54:59 Ver: 36.02
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8160MB RAM
Page File: 2076MB used, 14239MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 770
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1184&SUBSYS_118410B0&REV_A1
Display Memory: 3755 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4027 MB
Shared Memory: 3823 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SMS24A350H
Monitor Id: SAM07D5
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.5330 (English)
Driver Version: 10.18.13.5330
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/17/2015 10:10:27, 15866992 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-52C4-11CF-D267-89311CC2C735}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x1184
SubSys ID: 0x118410B0
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem34.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section032:10.18.13.5330:pci\ven_10de&dev_1184
Rank Of Driver: 00E02001

Attachments

• w3texturebug.jpg
    w3texturebug.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom