Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a sound bug. (German Version)
In video sequences that are pre-rendered the speech is extremely silent, only 1/4 of the volume of Geralts normal talking voice.
And similiar to the sound problem with the Russion Version I have the feeling that the talking changes it`s speed sometimes which is a little bit weird when some NPC`s suddenly talk one or two sentences really unnatural fast and speak normal and slowly again one sentence later.

It seems that compared to 1.08 (last I played, have had a break) 1.10 and beyond has severe performance issues, that seem to be related to shadows, pre 1.10 I could run everything on ultra at around 43~ fps which was fine to me, however upon loading last save now, my performance has dropped significantly to around 27~ fps but I get the old performance + some change, if I reduce shadows from ultra to high, that seems like a very very big jump compared to pre 1.10 when I did my fps testing?

Found abug. Right as the time when I get Uma (right before you go to Wyzima) the quest "The Last Wish" is titled as "failed".

Having two game Bugs blocking my game progress curently:
1) Istle of Mists:
I should bring Gaspard back home, but his character is not reacting on anything, i cannot interact and when i move away he is not reacting as well. Seem to be "hanging".

2) High stakes:
Bernard Tulle character is blocked too. His level is shown as -1 and has 0 health, not moving at all and not killable.

Hope it will get fixed soon because otherwise i cannot really progress... all other quests are done:/

Bug Report.
As you can see from the pic, the Roasted Chicken Leg has 2 different entries in the inventory, and one has 0 value.
I red circled the important parts.

Attachments

• witfood.jpg
    witfood.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 36
Flames (campfire, candles, etc.) and 'witcher senses' sound disappear after loading a savegame.

Not always though. But if you play long enough, you might notice this bug.

Last edited:
A small list of -mostly- minor glitches, I encountered during my second playthrough NG+, HoS installed and V 1.11 running.

- Roach's mane still disappearing from time to time. Can be "fixed" by fasttravelling to another world-hub or just leaving the game to main menu & reload.

- Interior maps disappearing. I noticed this odd phenomenon already in the initial release version of the game, however, now it seems to happen very often (almost every few minutes). Quite annoying, can also be temporarily fixed by quitting to main menu.

-Missing/wrong textures for both "venomous viper swords". Purely cosmetic, I know, but I'd like to report anyway.

- Potion-counter freeze, potion never expires, except for using white honey or meditating. Noticed that with superior tawny owl.

- Key-switching; never had this before 1.11 - keys tend to switch from time to time now, especially "Y" and "Z".

- Prisoners. I know, those guys where always a bit glitchy, but you might want to look further into that issue, especially Mulberrydale's smith.

- Too much rain. I noticed it's raining far more often than before, I don't know, if that's intended, but now it seems to rain almost the whole time.

- Gas clouds don't work anymore. They're just a pure graphical effect right now - I don't think that was intended, was it?

- HUD elements are disappearing automatically. Seems like a new feature to me - but how can I turn this off again? I like to see my full HUD all the time. :)

- "Blurred" view, when exiting a shopkeepers trade menu. Takes a few second to get a clear sight again.

Bug Report.
As you can see from the pic, the Roasted Chicken Leg has 2 different entries in the inventory, and one has 0 value.
I red circled the important parts.

Thats cuz u get some chicken legs from the innkeeper at start, its been like that from day1.

A minor bug I found playing Gwent:

You can clearly see that in the monster row the total amount should be 58.
But for some reason the numbers on screen don't update but the game still points out the correct winner.
Playing a card in the next turn updated the issue.

So overall a very minor bug.

Attachments

• 2015-10-29_00001.jpg
    2015-10-29_00001.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 31
- rain in buildings and sewers in Novigrad (for example, Triss quest now or never)
- leshen disappearing while fighting him and only appearing when the crows are taking him somwhere else
- people bodies appearing through their clothes, some textures sometimes missing or "blending" (like Dandelion costume)
- speaking of textures, sometimes they have that nasty "grain" effect before showing properly, mostly in cutscenes when it's going from far away shot to a close one
- PERFORMANCE! after the 2 last patches it went down really bad
- Priscilla's song clipping in PL version
- some quest not appearing in the journal, like Vegelbud horse race
- some quests don't have indication/sound effect of finishing them
- minimap disappearing when going indoors/caves. Only reload fixes this
- sometimes quest marker doesn't count how far away from the objective you are

Also, maybe it's not a bug and it's intentioanl, but it doesn't make sense to me - why bear school gear first quest has higher level req then the second/third one? The first one requires lvl 20, second lvl 30 and then the req is 12. Shouldn't it be other way? Skellige overall could be thought out better with level req

Last edited:
Hello, today I had a bug I haven't seen before. The finisher animations were performed in extremely fast motion, something like 2-3 times faster than normal. Thinking about that also seemed to happen in HoS at...
the spiders fight, inside the painting of Iris.

And also, my roach became bald again :[ she's not black anymore, just bald.. poor roach

Imperial Audience is hanging at the Follow the Chamberlain, he won't go anywhere. I am on 1.11, So the game is at a halt for me as it is part of the MAIN STORY LINE. I guess I have to stop playing till next patch :(
I waited to play this game because I thought you would work out the MAJOR BUGS by now......

UPDATE: Ok I rolled back to 1.10 and game itself wouldn't start, so I went back to 1.11 and loaded the save and the Chamberlain took off so I fixed it (and yes by the way I reloaded game save before all of this and even went back to earlier save to no avail), go figure.....

Last edited:
After patch 1.11
1. Found a guy in Skellige trying to sharpen an invisible sword/axe
2. The Home button to hide the map is a wonderful idea for great screenshots, however all interaction disappears e.g. can't see which herbs to pick (no E prompt)
3. At least once, after hiding the map, i could not see any options when conversing with a druid; even escape did not work and I was stuck looking at Geralt fidgeting. I had to close the program

In 1.11 + HoS + no NG+ I found another bug - after finishing quest "A matter of life and death" quest "Now or never" doesn't start. This is quite important because without completing this quest you cannot start "Reason of state". Without completing "Now or never" you also cannot have romance with Triss. Does anyone also have same issue?

After patch 1.11 i started a New Game + mode hoping to replay the game + HoS these are the bugs ive encountered so far
1.) The swordsmith at the Person In Distress marker south of Mubrydale does nothing after unlocking the door and the marker wont gray out on map. Though he says "the keys should be around ere somewhere" when trying to unlock the door without the keys and becomes missing after a few meditation.
2.) The bandit/cannibal camp south of Condyle near the coast with a bunch of Muchnixers nearby is bugged, after looting and slaughtering all hostile near the marker it wont also gray out on map.
Note That I havent encountered this bug on my first playthrough.. This is quite annoying since im trying to 100% the game on my second playthrough.

There are 4 pieces of flying debris decently high in the air just outside of Alness, by Novigrad. Just past the last house going north you will see them to the right of the road up high in the air. They disappear so you have to be reasonable close.

Be nice if the whole team could do a major bug run through for floating debris and bad foliage let alone the quests.

Also been some clipping in certain cutscenes around this time in the game and a few hours back. Anyway, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom