[BUG] Unlucky's Treasure

+
[BUG] Unlucky's Treasure

Good evening everyone! I did a general search around the forum to see if this quests bug was already posted and found nothing so I am posting it now.

The details of this quest are quite simple: You kill a level 48 griffin monster, loot a body for a note and a key, search for some treasure, find it and get it. Quest done, right? The bug would like to disagree with us.

Details on the bug: With note read and key in hand you find the treasure, loot it and instead of the quest finishing, it remains open. The game does not register the chest being looted for some reason.

I went back to where the body was, to see if I missed anything and I noticed I could loot the body again and it had another key and note available. I take them and then I see the body can be looted again, this time only a note comes up, no key. Then I noticed I could loot the body indefinitely sometimes with only the key, sometimes with only the note, sometimes with both. Fact of the matter, something is not being recognized by the game.

In other words: This quest is busted, please fix at your earliest convenience. Its not a main story quest so I can wait for another patch.

I would also like to thank the devs for the fast and responsive patch release of fixes and patches. Currently very happy that the other broken quests I have encountered (Get Junior and "Hey, wanna look at my stuff?") will be addressed with the release of patch 1.08. Really, thank you, you guys rock! Um... any idea when it will be released for PS4 in the US?

Hmmm. I'm on PC. Not sure if this applies to me or the specific bug or not. I do not see any hotfix on GOG. Thanks for the heads up though.

Hmmm. I'm on PC. Not sure if this applies to me or the specific bug or not. I do not see any hotfix on GOG. Thanks for the heads up though.

Yeah the specific bug I was mentioning has only been reported on PS4 so far as I know. You may want to send a bug report with save files to CDPR at their support website.

Hi. It's the end of September 2020 version 1.6 in ps4. I still face the same problem. Looted the treasure after taking the note and key. but the dead body has take option with empty window. No key no note. Quest still open.

Attachments

• rsz_img_20200925_120702__01.jpg
    rsz_img_20200925_120702__01.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 119
Hi. It's the end of September 2020 version 1.6 in ps4. I still face the same problem. Looted the treasure after taking the note and key. but the dead body has take option with empty window. No key no note. Quest still open.

Loading a save game before that quest started, is usually your best bet if you are sure that a quest is bugged.

Here's the official information from CDPR support regarding problems with quest completion:

So, your solution to a 5 year old bug is to load a save BEFORE you kill the highest level monster in the base game... c'mon, you're a mod here.

That's not a solution, you know that. So the answer really is: it's a glitch that never got patched and it's not going to be patched. That's all you gotta say

So, your solution to a 5 year old bug is to load a save BEFORE you kill the highest level monster in the base game... c'mon, you're a mod here.

Yes, I'm a mod, I can't tell you much more than CDPR support does. Since you are playing on console, options to deal with problems like that are quite limited. However, I did provide the link with the official info from support (including a way to contact them).

Top Bottom