[BUG v1.3] Stuck in sandstorm after "Riders on the Storm", didn't fast travel

+
Hi,

"Rides on the Storm" impressed me with its sandstorm so much that I didn't think of it much when the effect stayed for the next two hours while I was doing quests in the Badlands. Now I have moved back into the city (no fast travel since at least hours before "Riders on the Storm" even became available) and the sandstorm moved in with me.

At this point I became suspicious, googled for a bit and have found that there was a similar bug "if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.", and it supposedly has been fixed in 1.21:
>Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.

I started the quest when the game was already updated to 1.3, so it seems this bug needs to be addressed once again.

Does anybody know of ways to fix the weather (maybe fast travel to a specific point, or get a side quest that forces weather change for store reasons, etc.)? The last save I have without the permanent Mad Max filter is 3 hours before that.

And then I got the impression that "Riders on the Storm" is missable? I was urged not to dick around by an NPC as far as I remember. If that's the case it means I can't even put off re-doing the quest till much later, so is there any advice on making sure I avoid this bug when trying to finish the quest again?

Thanks

PS bonus picture: around the time I have started paying attention to everything having been brown and foggy for too long, the news report on pre-game world history came up, with a reference to a dust layer in the atmosphere—leading me to believe for a while that the lengthy sandstorm is some kind of story event. Even bugs in this game have a sense of direction and flow to them I guess.

20210904120931_1.jpg

I have one question :)
You have used "fast travel" during "Riders on the storm" or "killing in the name" ?
(In "Killing in the name" it can be understandable, but during "Riders on the Storm", I don't know when it's possible (during the sand storm at least).

Nope, no fast travel, not for dozens of hours before I even started these quests. The game has been dense enough for me to drive everywhere myself.

So the move is to just replay it until you luck out? That's demoralizing.

I think I wouldn't be that mad if at least there was a proper place to submit a bug ticket, with a reference number and chance for a follow-up. Having to post bug reports on a community forum feels like shouting at a wall in terms of how likely it's even going to be noticed by the dev team, much less fixed.

Thanks for the answers

So the move is to just replay it until you luck out? That's demoralizing.

I think I wouldn't be that mad if at least there was a proper place to submit a bug ticket, with a reference number and chance for a follow-up. Having to post bug reports on a community forum feels like shouting at a wall in terms of how likely it's even going to be noticed by the dev team, much less fixed.

Thanks for the answers
Nope, I wonder during "Riders on the Storm", because "normally" the storm must be end when you wake up at the morning (you wake up with a beautiful sunrise). If it's not the case, it's terribly annoying of course :(
So maybe with a fast travel during "Killing in the name" after the start of the storm could "block" the storm forevever.

Also no, the best way to report this kind of bugs to CDPR Support (all the bugs you could encounter in fact), it's here ;)
Not sure about the category. Anyway, the Support always answer normally (for me at least) :)

Edit :
A possible workaround, I think, it's to start a quest who trigger weather specific weather events.
Like all the Claire's race, I fought the Law, The Hunt, Follow the River, Gimme Danger, M'ap Tann Pèlen and/or all the quests where you have to "wait".

Last edited:
i don't know if this is still relevant but i found a fix for this bug. Go to V's main apartment, go to sleep and that's it, sandstorm no more.

Top Bottom