[BUG] Win10 Upgrade denies saving the game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[BUG] Win10 Upgrade denies saving the game

Hi,

I have a very strange Bug. I upgraded Win7 to Win10 yesterday. Everything went fine. Started Witcher 3 1.07, all DLC's enabled, works great.
But as soon as I want to save, it just pops out of the Save Window back to the Pause Menu. Checking the savegames shows that the game hasn't saved at all. Happens with Autosaves, new savegames and overwriting an old save. Right now I am basically stuck since I cannot save anymore.

Tried deinstalling / reinstalling. Even the new install does not save (regardless of me renaming the "old" savegame locations, so that it's a vanilla install)

I really need help!

That's why you don't use the latest OS as soon it comes out. My advice is to revert back to 8.1 and wait for at least few months till the completely make the Windows 10 standard.

Check that Documents or the Witcher 3 folder itself didnt get set to read only or have it permissions borked.

I had to redo my upgrade yesterday due to basically all the files on my C drive deciding they were read only and werent going to change.

OTOH, installing 7 fresh, then immediately upgrading to 10 went really well, and it runs like a beast now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom