[BUG] Witcher Contract: Muire D'yaeblen progression order problem

+

I am having a problem with not being able to complete certain quest objectives.

- After receiving the quest I did not attempt to complete it.
- While randomly sailing I went into the quest cave not knowing it was connected to any quest.
- After some exploring I was told to create the potion. No Such potion exists in my Alchemy menu (where I assume I would create any potion).
- I checked the quest log for Muire D'yaeblen and all of the objectives except "create potion" were checked as completed.
- Later I went to the Kaer Trolde dock and found/talked to the shipbuilder.
- After the dialogue the objective "investigate the place..." opened.
- I then went to the location to complete the quest as normal.
- Once at the cave entrance the "odor trail" ends, all of the enemies are already dead, and the items in the cave already investigated.

At this point I seem to be stuck in the quest.

I have a similar problem on the Xbox. I did the quest in order but the potion diagram isn't there. Another guy on Xbox has the same problem. You are not alone.

Same Problem for me, but not only in this contract... The Mainquest-Potion will be activated, but not for Witcher Contracts

sttucked

- While randomly sailing I went into the quest cave not knowing it was connected to any quest.
- After some exploring I was told to create the potion. No Such potion exists in my Alchemy menu (where I assume I would create any potion).
- I checked the quest log for Muire D'yaeblen and all of the objectives except "create potion" were checked as completed.
- Once at the cave entrance the "odor trail" ends, all of the enemies are already dead, and the items in the cave already investigated.

----- friend.... i have the same problem at pc... does anyone already find how to solve it?

tks

You need to create 'Drowners pheromone' - you can find it in alchemy tab, it's a long, blue vial. You might have as well brewed it long before taking this quest, check your inventory.

On Steam v1.32 , the quest order must be followed exactly step by step. If you have killed the drowners without the quest log entry , reload immediately or start a new game.

To reproduce the bug : Upon first time arriving in Skellige, there is nearby cave that you might accidentally start the quest. Do not enter the cave and kill the drowners until the quest entry exists in your quest log , as it will be stuck on the step "Search for the drowners' lair using your Witcher Senses."

The problem is that the quest entry is added at a point after the drowners are killed (without taking it from the notice board)
or a completed flag check for "Search for the drowners' lair using your Witcher Senses." is missing.

The workaround is to follow the quest step by step to mark it as cleared.

Quests and developers could greatly benefit from unit tests that have a after quest log exists scenario and reward given scenario , as other quests dont give reward when not followed step by step

Last edited:
I really should have paused when I saw a cave full of drowners... when I saw a drowner nest I thought this was just one of those monster nest that appear as world map POI (but now thinking back, I don't recall actually seeing the "nest icon")

I know development and patching for Witcher 3 is probably long done, but perhaps next project, institute that for a quest flow, if someone accidentally jump on a trigger mid-quest, direct them back to the top of the flow, like how some quest are started by finding a captain's note or some momentos off a dead body.

I had the same problem on my pc. To solve this,open your journal and start tracking collect your reward from shipbuilder. This will complete the quest considering you have already killed all the drowners.

Definitely check your potions inventory first. I went and did more story quests after recieving this quest and already have the potion, even though I don't recall ever crafting it. Blue potion, skinny, and two charges

I had the same problem till I realised the potion was already made up in my inventory.

Top Bottom