BUGBEAR mission majorly buggy

+
I just find this kind of ironic considering this mission is seriously buggy and the one being rescued is named BUGBEAR.

Anyway, when you wake her up she glitches into your arms and if you try to jump off the balcony she literally t-poses in mid air leaving V as V lands safely below.

If you try to leave through the back exit there is a swivel door which V should be able to remove. If you try to drop Bugbear she will completely disappear from V arms.

This mission is painfully unfinished. Like you can see the intent of the design is there, but none of the finished coding or testing has been implemented I'm not even sure why this GIG wasn't scrapped considering the state of how unfinished it is.

Anyone else have GIGs which completely broke or flat out have not been finished?

There 2 ways with "normal" stairs where you can carrying 8ug8ear without any problem ?
No need to jump off the balcony or drop her :(

Yeah, I know. I ended up using that stair way. There's also a exit which leads to a stair way where you can avoid the Tygers. However, when you get to the bottom there's a sheet metal door which V usually has the ability to tear off but for some reason he/she can't do here. Bugbear also will completely disappear from V's arms if you try to drop her to open the door.

Yes it's normal, you can't use your tech hability to open the door with someone in your arm (same as hacking terminal or other actions).
That she disappears when you drop her, no it's not normal indeed :)

But for the 2 other "bugs".
For me, when you go save somebody:
-Jumping from the second floor with this person in your arms doesn't seem like a good idea...
-And throw her from the second floor, seems to be an even worse idea...
But, it's maybe just me :)

Idk when I did the mission I always jumped from the balcony and bugbear would disappear from V's hands on the ground below

Yeah, it's definitely a bug. The role of the designer is to present rules that follow a logical framework. Once the rules have been established it's up to the designer to be aware of the rules and restrictions established so that the player is able to set expectations accordingly. If you walk up to a door which matches the kind of door you can tear off and there is no prompt to tear off the door the designer has failed. The door presents arbitrary rules at this point. Sometimes the door can be removed, while other times it cannot. However, the reason as to why this is this case is not given nor presented. It's random and simply not well designed.

If you walk up to a door which matches the kind of door you can tear off and there is no prompt to tear off the door the designer has failed. The door presents arbitrary rules at this point. Sometimes the door can be removed, while other times it cannot. However, the reason as to why this is this case is not given nor presented. It's random and simply not well designed.
You talk about the door "tech" locked ?
If yes, when you carrying a body, you never be able interract with anything (elevator button, computers, acces point,locked doors, camera, turet,...) It's not a bug or mistake by CDPR, it's intentional :(

Whether 8ug8ear disappears when you put it down or if it stays in the air when you jump from the balcony, there are bugs (or CDPR did not anticipate that players would jump from the balcony with her). Frankly, it can happen. Of the millions of players and the different approaches the game offers, you can't think of everything. There will necessarily be a player who will do something that was not planne :D

Last edited:
I get that, sure. But the Balcony is literally right there in front of you the moment you grab her. And to add insult to injury there is no railing to prevent you from jumping off the balcony. It's like the game is begging you to jump off.

As for the door, I did put her down, she disappeared AND the door was still not interactable. Why have a stairway leading to nowhere.

If it was designed right, there would be the balcony, the exit to the right you would need a strength check for and lastly the inside stairway which is heavily guarded. As of now, there's one way to leave with her.

I get that, sure. But the Balcony is literally right there in front of you the moment you grab her. And to add insult to injury there is no railing to prevent you from jumping off the balcony.
No I said that, because honestly, before read comments about jumping from the balcony, that would never have crossed my mind to jump there. Without carying 8ug8ear, any doubt, I jump... but with with her, no :)
So I can easily understand why CDPR didn't thinking to it (if there is a bug, it means that they did not really consider this possibility.

The door is here, at base (for me) to avoid the Tygers claw near their bike at the main entrance (so you should open the door before carrying 8ugBear).
But yes, anyway, if she desappear, it doesn't matter much that the door can't open...

But hey, for those bugs, the game save every 2 minutes, just need to reload a previous save... you have lost what ? 2-4-6 minutes of play... not too serious :)

I just noticed a little detail that might explain why you can't open the locked door while wearing 8ug8ear :)

Normally, when you carry a body (anyone), you can open the locked doors (with tech skill, I don't know for Body skill). I just tested just now, you can't hack, but you can opening a locked door (tech).
The difference is when you carry a guy (anybody), the body is on your shoulder while for 8ug8ear, Sandra, Evelyn or even Haruyoshi (Big in Japan) the body is in your arms.
That could explain why you really can't do anything in those particular cases.

I hope that's make sense :D

Even if you manage to get BUGBEAR to the car, the car is half on the pavement, half in the world texture.
I appreciate CDPR for making Cyberpunk 2077, I really do, but, given the current state of the game, they should have taken at least 1.5-2 years to make sure the game is ready to launch. I expect the upcoming DLC and story content, via Expansions (they said it will follow the Witcher 3 recipe) to be much better.

Anywho, the gig was doable for me.

Ok ... We can forget everything I said in my previous post, except that we cannot hack while carrying a body ... :(
So, the door cannot be unlocked from the inside at all.
Access point with body
2e2b7222-1797-463e-b9c8-d094ded08051.PNG
From the inside
aeab3207-65e8-44c2-b22d-f41e5e27b7bc.PNG
From the outside
Normally
f380e8f5-6ed8-48f1-92c0-dcf12bfa2c41.PNG
With a random guy
36185f32-98cc-41c3-96b7-1f572d2c1842.PNG
With 8ug8ear
b5959301-6aca-457b-bac3-7829b095fbce.PNG
So the door is probably not a bug, it's intended that it does not open from the inside.

Even if you manage to get BUGBEAR to the car, the car is half on the pavement, half in the world texture.
And for the car, I don't really see the problem. The car seems perfectly "normal" for me. (knowing that I am on XBSX, so not the best platform to play Cyberpunk).
8a18abce-3b37-4fbc-96ab-f872a95e7269.PNG

40cda3f4-a9c8-402a-899c-d53512d8918a.PNG

PS: Like that, 8ug8ear is so cute, isn't it ? For me, positively yes :)

I just find this kind of ironic considering this mission is seriously buggy and the one being rescued is named BUGBEAR.

Anyway, when you wake her up she glitches into your arms and if you try to jump off the balcony she literally t-poses in mid air leaving V as V lands safely below.

If you try to leave through the back exit there is a swivel door which V should be able to remove. If you try to drop Bugbear she will completely disappear from V arms.

This mission is painfully unfinished. Like you can see the intent of the design is there, but none of the finished coding or testing has been implemented I'm not even sure why this GIG wasn't scrapped considering the state of how unfinished it is.

Anyone else have GIGs which completely broke or flat out have not been finished?
It's the worst quest in the game.

Ok ... We can forget everything I said in my previous post, except that we cannot hack while carrying a body ... :(
So, the door cannot be unlocked from the inside at all.
Access point with body
View attachment 11223236
From the inside
View attachment 11223239
From the outside
Normally
View attachment 11223242
With a random guy
View attachment 11223245
With 8ug8ear
View attachment 11223248
So the door is probably not a bug, it's intended that it does not open from the inside.

And for the car, I don't really see the problem. The car seems perfectly "normal" for me. (knowing that I am on XBSX, so not the best platform to play Cyberpunk).
View attachment 11223251
View attachment 11223254
PS: Like that, 8ug8ear is so cute, isn't it ? For me, positively yes :)
Wait, so you can open it from the outside, but not the inside? That's like making my door only lock from the outside. No one does that.

ya1

Forum regular
I got 8ug8bear stuck in the air between floors as I tried to jump through the widow with her in my arms. But it's not even top 20 of 1.2 on my list.

Wait, so you can open it from the outside, but not the inside? That's like making my door only lock from the outside. No one does that.
Yep, it's that :)
Seems to me it's not the only blocked "one-way" door in the game.
I don't think "logic" has anything to do with it, just to block the passage one way and not the other. A bit like the doors locked (tech or body) in one way and open in the other (which is almost always the case).
Or it's just a bug, but for me, it's very unlikely :)

Anyway, we will see that in 1.3, it will most certainly be corrected.
-For the door, either it will remain like that and it was intentional or the door can be opened from the inside with the technical competence (or not).
-For 8ug8ear which remains in the air, either we can jump and keep her in our arms or we can no longer jump (full wall or guardrail).

Last edited:

Did always found it weird that you had to jump down while carrying a person. But Bugbear never disappeared, though. Just had to pick her up again. Discovered later that you could also use the stairs, which made a lot more sense. Think in this case the guide just shows you the quickest way down, thinking you're own your own.

Maybe just a small oversight.

Did always found it weird that you had to jump down while carrying a person. But Bugbear never disappeared, though. Just had to pick her up again. Discovered later that you could also use the stairs, which made a lot more sense. Think in this case the guide just shows you the quickest way down, thinking you're own your own.

Maybe just a small oversight.
The balcony should at least have a fence. There's even a cut out, making the player believe that there could be something like a latter leading to the ground.

The problem with the car being half on the pavement half in the world texture occurs on the PC with a repro rate of 100%.

Top Bottom