Bugged Blood and Wine achievements?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugged Blood and Wine achievements?

I already submitted this with a savefile. Just wondering if I'm the only one having these issues. The achievements for the Skellige Deck, collecting all diagrams for the Witcher Grandmaster stuff, completely upgrading Corvo Bianco and wearing all 6 pieces of any Grandmaster set do not unlock.

I did however have the tournament, travelling to Toussaint and Aerondight achievement unlock. Since I did the renovation before the tournament and the grandmaster stuff and Gwent before Aerondight, I find this rather curious. This is on GOG Galaxy btw. but Steam has corresponding achievements as well so I wonder if anyone else had this problem.

I unlocked:
The Witcher's Gone South
Playing House
I have a Gwent Problem
But collecting all diagrams for the Witcher Grandmaster stuff and wearing all 6 pieces of any Grandmaster set achievement didnt unlock.

My last two achievements didn't unlock. On Steam.

Last action hero and Kling of the Clink. All others worked.

So it seems there is a bug there and it's pretty random which stuff gets unlocked and which stuff doesn't. Could you guys maybe report this issue and upload one of your saves for them? I already did but I'm sure more would help.

Here's mine

Tho, I don't Gwent nor have I collected all the grandmaster armours.

It's really random.
I just have unlocked Weapon "W" but haven't unlocked A Knight to Remember (ofc i won everything on the tournament).

Nobody else had that happen to them? It seems fairly random for me as I have gotten the achievements for getting Aerodyte, getting the order of whatever, going to Toussaint, wearing a complete witcher set. I haven't gotten the weapon w, playing house etc. I downloaded another savegame off someone and starting it now. Gonna see whether I can unlock them this way. Maybe something was wrong with my playthrough, maybe something was wrong with the savegame. Who knows. On the other hand though how can it be my savegame when I actually get some achievements but not others? So there must be something along the lines of of activating the achievements that is a bit bugged and only fires a certain way. Maybe the way to do the weapon W stuff is to unlock one mutagen, back out, get the achievement and then come back. Maybe the way to get the house achievement is to do one upgrade after the other and not do several at once. I'll try that this time. Luckily most of the stuff is fairly early on so if it doesn't unlock again I can send something in.

---------- Post merged on 04-06-2016 at 12:02 AM ----------

This is annoying me to no end. Tried it with a downloaded savegame and again... no luck unlocking Playing House. Now gonna try and play with a straight Blood and Wine save until I get the friggin house, sell enough of the inventory rubbish to get enough money and then upgrade the friggin thing again and what bloody 20 days or whatever. If that still doesn't unlock the thing I'm going to give the CDPR support a piece of my mind for making me do the same thing 10 times because they think it's because I used mods or the console on my original savegames so that effect now carries over and prevents achievements from unlocking.

Number 1: Why did it unlock every other frigging achievement in the main game and during HoS if it's the fault of the mods and debug console that is rooted somewhere deep within the savegame?

Number 2: If it is, why on earth did it unlock at least half the achievements for Blood and Wine?

Number 3: If it is how come nobody else or barely anybody else has that problem when I venture to say 90% of the players on PC have a save, that they used to start Blood and Wine with, that had been modified by one or 20 mods, has been modified by using cheat engine or has been modified by using the debug console.

Honestly... feck the achievements. I simply want them because I like to have them and I played for them. I send them around 10 savegames already... probably gonna be 50 when I'm done. If the new Blood and Wine save I started does not unlock the friggin achievement I'm gonna send them 50 probably. One each for every upgrade on the house so they can tell me what's wrong this time. I can already imagine their answer: It's the game then, uninstall it and redownload 500 gb of files which will take me 10 weeks and then I am going to play again and again the achievements won't unlock because there is some kind of gremlin hidden in the code.

Sorry... just needed to vent real bad because this is really annoying.

I have found a solution for this.
Because achievements were bugged I was making manual save everytime when I started a new quest or during some of them.
After finishing the game I was simply loading saves near finishing the achievement and this time achievements unlocked when i did what was needed to unlock them.
I have no idea why i couldnt unlock them befor.
Just try to unlock them later guys :D

I have found a solution for this.
Because achievements were bugged I was making manual save everytime when I started a new quest or during some of them.
After finishing the game I was simply loading saves near finishing the achievement and this time achievements unlocked when i did what was needed to unlock them.
I have no idea why i couldnt unlock them befor.
Just try to unlock them later guys :D

What do you mean exactly? Basically finishing the whole expansion, quitting the game and then loading the savegame just before a quest is supposed to finish? Or saving, quitting, loading and then finishing?

1. Finish the whole expansion.
2. Load old save. For exmaple on the mission when im trying to find manticore witcher gear (that is the last one i need to find).
3. Finish quest.
One time when i didnt get achievement i quited the game and tried it again by loading the same save. It worked.
I think that sometimes game is getting bugged and you cant get any achievements befor you restart the game.
If you dont want to start the game again only for achievements (because you didnt make manula saves like i did) I can link you my saves here.

Last edited:
Sure that would be cool. I still need Turned every Stone and I have a Gwent problem. Would be great to get that without having to replay the whole thing.

---------- Updated at 10:56 PM ----------

I'll be damned... it really works... Quit the game, loaded the save just before finishing the quest... and there it is... the achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom