Bugged Quest: An Inconvenient Killer (Neutralize Jack Mausser)

+
(GOG platform, v.1.06 // Win10x64 Pro v.20H2 // GeForce RTX 2080 S - drivers 460.89)

Unfortunately I have this quest bugged, I also tried used save ca minus 5 game hours - it was bugged there too.

So I tried all the procedures in quest that came to my mind:

# enter the club, pay, talk to Jack, leave...
# break into the club by elevator, shoot everyone (including Jack), leave...
# break into the club by elevator, stun only Jack, leave with him, load him in the car...
# break into the club by elevator, stun only Jack, leave with him and then kill him...

the result is always the same -> the quest remains unfinished, no one calls me...

And another consequence is that none of the other quests have called me since then :(

I'm starting to get pretty frustrated with this next bug :(
I have already reported 3 bugged CDPR quests:

Needle in a Haystack
People who have taken the documents already are getting glitched out and there's no way to complete it as of now... so if all containers were opened it doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Freedom of the press
When I go to retrieve the bonus reward, it does not finish the quest. I can take the reward but it still tells me to collect it.

Epistrophy quest (Dalamain)
the quest is in 7 parts - the first three were without a problem, the rest of the parts are buggy.
Dalamain calls me in the area, but I can't pick up the call and the cars can't be located (I'll find them, but the procedure won't activate)
So for now I am omitting other quests in the Dalamain area and I hope to CDPR correct it :(
Post automatically merged:

And an addition...

It would be good to have at least an automatic response from CDPR that they accepted the request. This is how we send them reports, but we have no feedback that something has arrived from us... :-///

Last edited:
Same bug here, the problem is that Dino doesn't call me when I start the quest, and he doesn't call me when I finish the quest...

Its a long shot, but what has worked sometimes for me is waiting 23 hours (not 24 hours) twice, so a total of 46 hours, and I Was able to get calls from missions I thought were stuck. I dont think this works with every mission with a starting or ending phone call. I know there is issues with the clock in game. Worth a try.

The only solution for me was to load an old save, from before the mission "Pyramid song" and a few other gigs. I have no idea what corrupted my save but several missions were affected by this. It seems that the missions couldn't be finished, because I didn't get any phone call before or after the gig. Make sure to cycle through at least 10 saves so you have several save points to go back to, maybe one per day or so.

For me the problem is other, Jack always react without me doing nothing :( I can't do the mission with all steps required

For me the problem is other, Jack always react without me doing nothing :( I can't do the mission with all steps required
Having the exact same problem as you. I come in from the catwalk and he picks up that I'm there no matter what and b4 the convo gets past the first sentence and he goes all hostile and starts shooting. And thus cannot finshis the gig. I'm just now doing this side mission on the eve of the 1.2 patch. Let's hope all these, cannot even finish the mission bugs are addressed too. Ontop of egregiously fast cops?

Top Bottom