Bugged Quest: Nameless (and In Wolf's Clothing)

+
Bugged Quest: Nameless (and In Wolf's Clothing)

I completed 'Nameless', a main quest. then later on completed the related quest 'In Wolf's Clothing'. In the course of 'In Wolf's Clothing' I dropped into the well in the quest area to get a key. Apparently this is a step I missed in 'Nameless' because it added it back into my quest log and now it's just sitting there, with all the objectives completed.

Edit: Playing on PC with patch 1.04, although I completed Nameless on 1.03 I believe.

Pic related

Last edited:
I've had this exact same glitch occur. Kinda worried it might screw with/block my main quest progression.

I have the same issue, I haven't done anything else really yet but if it actually broke my main quests and I can't complete the game I'll be extremely upset.
The quest "Nameless" is just sitting in my journal with check marks all the way down as if I've completed everything(which I have).
But when I active it, in game at the top right it says "Nameless" where it displays the tracked quest, but it lists no objectives nor a place to go to on the map.

Yup, same here. The only things I can think of is either go back to an old save, which would be horrid since I've done many side quests, leveled up a ton, and gotten gear and what not, or b there would be a console command to force a quest to complete, and if not a console command, hopefully a mod.

I've searched around the garden and what not, to see if it would just complete on it's self, doesn't seem so.

*** SOLUTION ***

I too had this bug where I had completed all objectives in the quest but it remained in the log under main with nothing telling me where to go next, here is how I solved it:

1. Sadly you are going to have to load an earlier save from before you drop down into the well.

2. *** VERY IMPORTANT *** on the outside of the well there is something for Garalt to investigate with his Witcher sense, it is on the edge of the well, you must examine this to trigger the "Nameless" quest to say "Jump into the well", if you have already dropped down into the well before triggering this, the quest will bug, so do not drop down there before examining the well.
I tried this twice as my game seemed to crash worse in this area and on this quest more than anywhere in the entire game and it is because of dropping down the well before being asked to do so...stupid but that is how I got it to say completed.

I made a video to go with this solution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeavIy3h_w4

I hope this helps as I could not find anywhere online to solve this.

Last edited:
Same problem here , i can't reload because i don't have a save before this quest and i have done so many things since this quest.. i hope CDP will patch this asap but if it doesn't block the main quest , it's not a problem

---------- Post merged on 30-05-2015 at 03:44 AM ----------

Somebody know if this issue broke the main quest ?

I have finished the game and the "Nameless" quest is still just sitting in my quest log, it did not seem to interfere with any of the main quests, it just serves as an eyesore.

I have a similar but slightly different bug with the In Wolf's Clothing quest. I choose the path were I fed the werewolf his own meat,and in order to complete the quest quickly, I skipped talking to his living friend Einar (the one with the cursed fang). The quest completed as normal, and went into my completed quests log.

However, later in the game I came across Einar and his buddies, I killed them, and when I looted the cursed fang, the quest "In Wolf's Clothing" popped up again. It went back into my secondary quests log, and cannot be completed. It has no active objectives and no map markers. It doesn't seem to be game breaking in any way, just annoying.

Last edited:
Same issue, I completed first the Yen necromancy quest and Wolf, after this, I found the corpse in the cave and complete objective but no more, no new objectives in quest tracker.

I have this bug on PS4....so its 100% sure it doesnt interfere with others quest and let you complete the game? Thank you, and sorry for bad english.

Pottimuscrime - I did exactly what you suggested after watching your video, but to no avail. Quest still showing but with no way of completing it.
Just to confirm - I investigated the part outside the well, it then updated to say "jump into the well", which I did, and then no further quest updates and nothing else I can do to get rid of the quest.
Glad it worked for you though!

---------- Updated at 06:22 PM ----------

Ah - just realised the reason the work around didn't work for me was because I did the side quest before speaking to Jen and doing the main quest.
You'd think you could do quests in any order you liked...

Last edited:
Top Bottom