Bugged texture (patch 1.10)

+
Don't think this qualifies as bug - most buildings look like this from a distance. It's just the LOD system.

I did not. I hope they do read the forums.
While I do think this is a result of the LOD system, in this case, for future reference, if you encounter bugs, you should send Tech Support a report. While the REDs do indeed read the Forums, they do so in their spare time, and are volunteering their time when they offer assistance here. By sending a technical report, your concern is directed to the appropriate department, and thus has a far better chance of being examined, and resolved more efficiently.

Last edited:
Are you playing on low settings? I've yet to play the game. Might buy it today, does ultra look like the trailers?

There was an argument on r/witcher about supposedly decreased draw distance and the guy showed similar screen-shot as a proof. I went to check this out and this particular texture was indeed bugged. Others claim they saw it on 1.08 too. I have no similar problems with other objects, so I suppose one of the low-res textures for this one is bugged (or missing).

Of course, I made sure my game files are not corrupted and I'm playing on high settings. :)

Here are some good screens with examples of long draw distance:
Crow's Perch from across the Velen
"That tree" from the Inn at the Crossroads
Oxenfurt from the distance

Last edited:
Top Bottom