Bugged Treasure Hunt: The Things Men do for Coin

+
Bugged Treasure Hunt: The Things Men do for Coin

Hey all,

I looted the key from the dead body and proceeded to explore with witch sense for the chest. I eventually found the location by the pile of corpses under the wood. However, I don't think I progressed in the quest before I opened the box. I looted everything out of it but the quest still tells me to find the treasure. And now the treasure is locked and I can't open it because the key is gone. The quest is forever in my log and my OCD'ness is going crazy! Is there any fix or do I have to report to CDPR and hope for a patch fix?

Playing on PC. Specs for reference:
i7-2600k
16gb RAM
GTX Titan (Kepler)
Win 7 SP1

Restarting the game seems to have no effect. The quest is permanently stuck at this juncture even if I fast travel away, come back later, restart the client, etc.

Thanks,
Grant

Last edited:
This is common for all treasure hunt quests. If you loot the chest before reading the letter/book/etc, it will break and you won't be able to complete it.

Same problem here mate, also got another treasure hunt "Not only eagles dare" bugged in the same way.

This quest is bugged for me as well. I read the letter first, than i opened the box.
After looting the box, the quest says to use my qitcher sense to find the treasure.
I play on PC, with patch 1.08.2.

i have another problem, i seem to have "lost" the key for the chest, i looted the dwarf and read the letter but the chest says locked and "need key to open" when trying to open it

Jesus Christ, 3 years later- still not fixed. Though in my case, i looted chest, but quest stuck forever. Auto saves overwritten, last manual save 40+ hours ago...

Same thing here... luckily I had a save to try another option...

Killed the nekkers first, and didn't aard the fire...

Top Bottom