BUGS after Patch 2.1

+
Hi everyone! Just putting it out there because this has been an issue for a while now (pre-PL) I still have items marked as quest items. These items are Johnny Silverhand’s Malorian Arms, and River Ward’s iconic revolver. I cannot remove these from my inventory at all. I have heard where if I revert far enough back to a previous save there is a possibility for me to fix this, but I have gotten those guns waaaaay too far back for me to still have the option to revert back to the save. If it is worth any note, I still play on the PS5. Another similar issue I have, is with quests such as “black steel in the hour of chaos” (I believe that’s the name). The quest tells me to talk to yuko? But whenever I attempt to, there is no option for me to continue dialog or do anything other than normal that might regard the quest.

Hi everyone! Just putting it out there because this has been an issue for a while now (pre-PL) I still have items marked as quest items. These items are Johnny Silverhand’s Malorian Arms, and River Ward’s iconic revolver. I cannot remove these from my inventory at all. I have heard where if I revert far enough back to a previous save there is a possibility for me to fix this, but I have gotten those guns waaaaay too far back for me to still have the option to revert back to the save. If it is worth any note, I still play on the PS5. Another similar issue I have, is with quests such as “black steel in the hour of chaos” (I believe that’s the name). The quest tells me to talk to yuko? But whenever I attempt to, there is no option for me to continue dialog or do anything other than normal that might regard the quest.
Did you do „This Corrosion“ in 2.1? If yes that’s most probably your issue because that mission reactivates „Black Steel“ which should be already cleared at that stage - there is no way to clear it again… it’s a bug which needs to be fixed by CDPR : /

Did you do „This Corrosion“ in 2.1? If yes that’s most probably your issue because that mission reactivates „Black Steel“ which should be already cleared at that stage - there is no way to clear it again… it’s a bug which needs to be fixed by CDPR : /
Yea I already did “This Corrosion” which sucks cuz now the only mission I have left is the final one. Side note: I really am praying for a NG+. I wanna play the game again with all the weapons/cyber ware I have.

BUG: Knife finisher, where you finish them off by cutting their throat isn't working properly visually. All we do is just stab them in slow motion now. lol

BUG: Knife finisher, where you finish them off by cutting their throat isn't working properly visually. All we do is just stab them in slow motion now. lol
Yea, this is known issue since 2.1 came out. We just have to wait for the patch.. Along with some other issues:

Radioport sometimes stops completely working, subtitles for radio hosts are missing now, when going into Megabuilding- the radio cuts off even though the icon for it is still accessible.

-Also, the weapon inspect animations sometimes completely stop working randomly (you can´t activate them).
-Music in clubs- mainly in Totentanz is very quiet after 2.1.
-Not to mention the sonic tracing, finishers, gun in hand when looking in the mirror and V´s glitch effect missing in the inventory screen.

Hopefully this and more gets all fixed in the next patch. It´s very obvious 2.1 was just rushed out the door without sufficient testing.

Last edited:
PL Gig Waiting for Dodger - Cars in garage (including police car) won't spawn and can't progress Side Gig...... had already similar bug with Johnny's car.

Somebody has experience if the cars during Waiting for Dodger Gig will spawn when I repeat the whole Gig or is there a kind of trigger what won't let spawn the cars ?

I used an Auto Save where I at the beginning again with Mr Hands call to get the quest.....it's so anoying...

A minor bug; but if you manage to convince Anna Hamill from the Gig "Woman of La Mancha" to join the Nomads before the Nomads move from their mobile camp to their second camp, she will stay at the original mobile camp location instead of joining the Nomads at their new base.

I'm not sure when it happened but I had two cyberware items unequip themselves. The only reason I even discovered it was because I decided that, at 59th level and with a couple of mill eddies and 5++ gear, I may as well start the Beat on the Brat quest and so checked in to Vik to swap out some chrome.

Skeleton and Hands were the two items. Hands I could see maybe due to something with Ambidexterity as it was the second item that was unequipped, but Skeleton? Seems random. I think it might have happened just after doing Transmission but I can't be sure. Regardless, given I have the perk that requires all slots filled to get the benefit of, this was super annoying to just randomly discover.

Oh, and also, I got the Bartmoss call directing me to a link and... whenever I access V's comp in the Little China apartment, the screen is entirely blank. Reloads, PS5 restarts, fast travel, waiting, exiting apartment, etc. nothing fixes it. I had to go back to a save well before receiving that call, then sleep until I received the call again. Even then, the computer didn't show the link until leaving the apartment, fast travelling away and back, and then accessing the computer.

Last edited:
I'm not sure when it happened but I had two cyberware items unequip themselves. The only reason I even discovered it was because I decided that, at 59th level and with a couple of mill eddies and 5++ gear, I may as well start the Beat on the Brat quest and so checked in to Vik to swap out some chrome.

Skeleton and Hands were the two items. Hands I could see maybe due to something with Ambidexterity as it was the second item that was unequipped, but Skeleton? Seems random. I think it might have happened just after doing Transmission but I can't be sure. Regardless, given I have the perk that requires all slots filled to get the benefit of, this was super annoying to just randomly discover.

happened to me as well both slots are those who are unlocked via perks - skeleton & hands. On my side they were already unequiped after I load a save from another character after 2.1. - it looks like the game doesn’t recognize that those slots are already unlocked and just unequip cyberware on those slots… I could easily reequip them but still annoying checking them after each saveload <.<

Gig: Concrete Cage Trap.

A lot of doors (including doors to Mike's apartment) are marked as red (impossible to open) and as a result, I can't finish the quest. This worked in previous patches (judging from youtube walkthrough videos), but apparently stopped working now.

bruh.jpg

CDPR might have won ''Best Ongoing Game'' at the VGA's, but seeing what state the game is in after 2.1.. I have my doubts

View attachment 11381467

CDPR might have won ''Best Ongoing Game'' at the VGA's, but seeing what state the game is in after 2.1.. I have my doubts
I mean I agree it definitely should have been cooked longer in the oven, but I don´t think it´s in such a horrible state some of the people on this forum would let you believe. I still have mostly smooth playthrough in my time of playing 2.1

-And I´m sure the next patch will resolve most of the issues we have with it. It´s fine to list the issues but there´s no sense in being too hyperbolic.

I mean I agree it definitely should have been cooked longer in the oven, but I don´t think it´s in such a horrible state some of the people on this forum would let you believe. I still have mostly smooth playthrough in my time of playing 2.1

-And I´m sure the next patch will resolve most of the issues we have with it. It´s fine to list the issues but there´s no sense in being too hyperbolic.
In my opinion this game has too many bugs considering it's been out for 3 years and CDPR has in the past consistently promised improvement, especially compared to more recent titles. If they rushed 2.1 for the holiday season sales, at the cost of QA, then criticism is more than deserved and it's not hyperbolic

Also if the bugs are minor, then it shouldn't take more than a month for a hotfix right?

Last edited:
In my opinion this game has too many bugs considering it's been out for 3 years and CDPR has in the past consistently promised improvement, especially compared to more recent titles. If they rushed 2.1 for the holiday season sales, at the cost of QA, then criticism is more than deserved and it's not hyperbolic

Also if the bugs are minor, then it shouldn't take more than a month for a hotfix right?
Oh don´t get me wrong, there´s a good number of issues newly added with 2.1- plus they still have bunch of bugs that need fixing from the 2.0 version.

-So I understand why it´s taking them some time and hopefully they´re now properly testing everything so it doesn´t introduce a ton of new problems.

Heyo,

On PC, experiencing the "saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded" error while playing Phantom Liberty. Thought this was supposed to have been fixed with patch 2.01/2.1.
I've dumped as much from my inventory as I can so my save files are at about 13.3 MB. I don't remember experiencing this issue before starting Phantom Liberty. Anyone else still experiencing this issue or have any solutions? Thanks!

So, in this playthrough I chose to help anthony gilchrist and later I went to V's apartment, there was a chest waiting for me. But I can't open it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
So, in this playthrough I chose to help anthony gilchrist and later I went to V's apartment, there was a chest waiting for me. But I can't open it.
Never really sided with Anthony so I'm not sure, but in theory the crate is a reward (Ajax assault riffle + bulletproof jacket) from Meredith for Nomad V (only) because you found the mole (which is well... Anthony).

Hi. I already submitted a ticket regarding this bug, but I thought it would get more attention if I write here.

I faced a bug regarding "Down to the street" main quest. I know there were many version of bugs in that quest before, however according to patch notes it should be already fixed.

Anyway, my bug looks like this: I talked to Takemura in the port. I was not aware of any potential bug in this quest line (haven't faced any issue during my first playthrough). Then I chose an option to visit Wakako on my own (not to travel with Takemura). After that I made some side quests, came back to Wakako, but couldn't talk the her. I ignored that as I expected it will be possible later. Then I did more sides quest (like 30h+). Then finally came back since I wanted to push main quest again. The problem is I still can't talk to her. She is sitting in the office and talking to her mobile. I started investigation online and realized this quest was really bugged before.

I checked the place of conversation with Takemura and hs is not there, so he didn't get stuck. At the same time he is also missing at Wakako - my understading (based on youtube videos) is that he should be standing in the door at Pachinko Parlor...

I'm playing on XSX. Please tell me there is possibility to fix it somehow. I'm even ready to buy another copy of the game on PC to somehow fix my save. I don't wan't to loose 40+ hours of my gameplay! Especially I already finished the game once and now restarted as I bought DLC.

Top Bottom