Bugs Bugs everywhere

+
I'm so shocked at all these bugs. I can't tell if all games are like this or if this is unique to this game, not a big forum guy myself typically. But there are lots of bugs threads on here. Wonder why cdpr let this happen? Was this avoidable? Maybe 3 yrs was too ambitious and it really takes 3 yrs of hard development and 2 whole yrs of bug screening to get a game ready for release? Or maybe open world games just have to be this way? What does everyone think?

That's the problem, you're "not a forum guy." Any game forum you go to, you'd get that impression of any game. This is where everyone goes to complain, but keep in mind it's still a small minority overall that are getting the vast majority of these bugs. I've been playing for well over 200 hours and have only experienced a few crashes, and one completed quest stuck in my log that had no major effect on things (and was fixed in 1.07).

Seriously, don't take what you see posted here as the majority experience. First, there are quite a few people on here who are children, and want to rage and scream at anything they can. Then there are the people of low intellect, who do the same. Take those people out, and the fact that people are coming here specifically to complain, and you have a very healthy game scene overall. One of the best.

From my personal experience in first playtrough I spent about 130 hrs and experienced like 2-3 bugs... Witcher 3 was probably the first such RPG with so little bugs considering how Massive it is (for my personally).

My experience was/is the same. Not one crash even tho they seem so common. The only really thing that brought down my game WAS the studdering picture. Maybe worth mentioning im not a run run kinda player. If a area had not finished loading ( pop in etc ) I would just stand still like 10 sec, then it runned smothly again. Its a big big game with a lot of choises and routes, so I understand why bugs are present.

I mainly started the thread in response to all the bug-related posts I saw, it was like the whole front page of the forums for awhile. I personally am playing on ps4, and haven't had any serious issues. I had a quest marker disappear on wild at heart, but it didn't break the quest. The only real thing that sucked was a bandit leader didn't drop a key for me, and I couldn't unlock a merchant from a cage as a result (which I heard is really common and needs fixed), but I started over since then with 1.07 and haven't had a single bug. This game is an all-time great for me already, I can't get enough of just exploring this world

That's why I prefer to play the PC version more than the PS4, the developers console does miracles. It can help you fix so much bugs, you won't even believe it. One of the bugs I had before was Geralt being unable to climb, that bug can be easily fixed by typing ResetInput in the developers console (Along with many others).

I think if CD Projket RED can unlock the developers console for consoles, it would help a lot (Because the key issue you're having can be easily fixed by adding that specific quest-item through the console).

I'm so shocked at all these bugs. I can't tell if all games are like this or if this is unique to this game, not a big forum guy myself typically. But there are lots of bugs threads on here. Wonder why cdpr let this happen? Was this avoidable? Maybe 3 yrs was too ambitious and it really takes 3 yrs of hard development and 2 whole yrs of bug screening to get a game ready for release? Or maybe open world games just have to be this way? What does everyone think?

I think the game is too big and it's hard to keep track on what went wrong from changing this and that on all platforms, it may take them sometime, but they will get it fixed, as long as we keep pointing out the common issues we're having, CDPR will keep on fixing them, I haven't had any issues or bugs after updating the game to 1.07 so far (PC) it actually gave me a huge performance boost.

That's the problem, you're "not a forum guy." Any game forum you go to, you'd get that impression of any game. This is where everyone goes to complain, but keep in mind it's still a small minority overall that are getting the vast majority of these bugs. I've been playing for well over 200 hours and have only experienced a few crashes, and one completed quest stuck in my log that had no major effect on things (and was fixed in 1.07).

Seriously, don't take what you see posted here as the majority experience. First, there are quite a few people on here who are children, and want to rage and scream at anything they can. Then there are the people of low intellect, who do the same. Take those people out, and the fact that people are coming here specifically to complain, and you have a very healthy game scene overall. One of the best.

yeah I kinda figured it was something like this. Cuz honestly, my experience has been great, bug free. I've had a couple quest markers disappear, and a bandit leader or 2 not drop keys for me, but mainly smooth sailing, which is really why I didn't get all the complaints

Played on Xbox and I to had not a single crash and only a few visual bugs involving the horse and the crate carrying guys being from the ministry of silly walks.

I did have one problem in one of quests involving the wolf armour dlc, since I completed the quest while missing out one of the steps and now I cannot offically complete it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom