[BUGS] General mission bugs and explenations why they happen

+
This is a very BIG and maybe almost impossible for them to fix because it is the way they chosen to script mission updates.

How mission updates work. You go to a location get a call. But why does some missions needs to be entered from the exact location to work.
Why is not all mission triggers removed from the world when that mission is completed and closed ?

Ways to brake missions making them impossible to complete and can stop that person from giving you new ones or getting out of sync:

1. An artifact malfunction happens at same time this can bug out any mission.
2. Getting a second phone call at same time, can bug out any mission.
3. If Jhonny starts talking and you do not wait until he finished talking will bug out almost any mission where this happens.
4. Approaching an area from the wrong direction to not get the optional objective i.e. smoke on the water ( there are more of these also. )
5. Searching an area for clues before mission has update saying you need to search area, best example the psycho that wakes from a crate/coffin. But there are others also.
6. You get a street cred update giving you new gigs/phone calls and what not when doing a mission can bug out not only mission you on but also the update ones through street cred. This could easily be fixed by applying street cred at once and not waiting until out of combat and the scripting engine to go through every thing you did before updating or just don't send a phone call if I'm already on the phone.

Most of thees things can be fixed by giving all objectives for a mission at once and not waiting for you to find the exact location where it should trigger. It is a open world game after all. You can't expect everyone to use the stairs on the right side of the building/bridge when there is tons of other ways to get there like the stairs on left side or a walkway from back.

Also the increased jump on legs will make you able to get to areas without following the instructed path, why would I take 5 minutes to walk all way around when I can just jump over to the where I need to go.

Other very stupid bug in a mission is Peralez, the part where you meet and need examine apartment.
2 ways to break this.

Go to roof first.
Scan the antenna in distance before Jhonny stop talking.
Follow cables from roof down into apartment will break follow cable objective.
You need follow cables from apartment to roof.

Just fix this slow ass scripting mission engine and let us scan objectives again. And if I find an optional objective after mission is already finished just closed that objective and mission without even showing it or something.

Some other ways to break missions because you hurry.
Undiscovered missions:
Force open an entry while on the phone can break mission. Done it before and scanning, examining objectives while on the phone. Disabling the target you need to carry outside before mission update to tell you to disable target will break mission.

In this Watson side job "Many Ways To Skin A Cat", the van I was supposed to interact with/steal spawned 10m below the garage floor, impossible to reach. Sure, not the most severe of problems in the greater scheme of things, but it does make me wonder just how something like this is even possible from a scripting perspective. Shouldn't there be something like a world coordinate system and van coordinates within it? What could possibly mess with either?

Things like that is related to their memory leaks and at least on PS4 need to restart the game every 1-3 hours depending on what you been doing. If you travel through the city by bike or car lets say 5km a time or two it will most likely crash in just over an hour. If you stay in same area doing police things and missions you can go for upto 3 hours before crash,

Things to take not of when there is a need to restart:
Camera not going behind when entering cars/bikes,
Mission information takes 60+ seconds to update.
Weapon does not show.
Drawing weapons takes a long time, like 20+ seconds.
Objects falling through floor and other things like that.

When thins in your character or world start looking strange and weird things start happening it means game is about to crash and it's better to restart.

This is also why I always make a save before starting a mission especially story ones that might be quite long so if you crash and mission screwed up for one reason or other you have a save to go back to start of mission and start it from a fresh start of the game and you should get through it.
Post automatically merged:

The mission bug I'm talking about is not related to memory leaks they will happen if you just restarted the game fresh.

Top Bottom