Bugs, Improvements for racing

+
Racing is an amazing element in this game, love the first experience racing through NC.
However there are a couple things I would really like to see improved in this mechanic of the game.
Therefore I recorded my first race to show the obvious problems.

Watch the footage here:

Major problem, I consider a bug, that also ruins the experience:
  • During the race (see recording) my position remained first. Suddenly for no reason I am 4th. I end up winning the race, but this really spoils the experience.
Minor problems, I consider glitches which make the game look bad:
  • The race starts into traffic which is dumb enough to drive into the race. 2077 really has self driving cars and AI sorted out. Dystopian? No, Comedian.
  • Shooting (at least in the first race) has no role, threat or reason in the race. I expected more after all that smack talk before the race.
  • I win super easily, there is no challenge. Besides the obvious opponents jump in front of me bug, there was no challenge into this race. I even hit the curb a couple times, and I still win by a margin.
Improvements that could make this experience stand out:
  • Give weapons a reason. I played "Streets of Sim City" and that racing + combat mechanic was better than in this game.
  • Add actual random elements to the race. Large trucks enter a crossing, explosions, police, whatever to make the race interesting and challenging.
  • What are the other racers up to? What is their background? Are there teams? Some more spice on this part could make a great extension to the game.
Cheers, Over

Top Bottom