Bugs in the mission "Forward To Death" - Unable to complete the mission

+
I am not able to complete the "Forward to Death" quest due to several bugs in the game (all in one quest) firstly even if I killed all the enemies, the game shows that I missed some people and does not allow me to move forward with the mission. I tried this again and now I have 11 missing enemies and cannot complete the quest (print screen attached). I made at least 10 attempts with my earlier game savings to overcome the errors but had only 1 success and moved forward into another problem with the Basilisk. This is a joke, this game should never be published without being properly tested.I wasted half a day by trying to bypass this issue

Second error is with the PANZER the Basilisk basically is not visible (in my case) is nowhere accessible, so there is no chance to get into the tank and move forward with the quest, consequently I am stuck in the quest, and even if I reloaded my prior savings the Basilisk problem still occur. I tried to overcome this bug at least 10 times by uploading my earlier game savings but result is still the same - no chance to get into the the Basilisk tank . I am unable to complete the game at this stage. Similar issues with the same quest found on YouTube here
or here

This quest is full of Bugs and glitches, I also came across issues with weapons, missed clothes, incorrect direction indications etc. the "Forward to Death" quest should be deeply investigated and sorted ASAP. I purchased my game via STEAM and playing on PC through NVIDIA GeForce NOW service, after playing over 100 hrs on CyberPunk 2077 had no issues except the above mentioned bugs

Attachments

• cyberpunk-Neutralize Forces.png
    cyberpunk-Neutralize Forces.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 380
  • cyberpunk-no baziliszek.png
    cyberpunk-no baziliszek.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 334
  • Cyberpunk - no Basilisk.png
    Cyberpunk - no Basilisk.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 320
Last edited:
I have the same issue. I am stuck at 11 of 12. I have looked all over. I am in constant combat mode but there is no 13th soldier. There isn't even a red dot on the mini-map.

I had this problem.

The tank was somehow overturned to the side and so it is impossible for me to even continue.

I had to reload several autosaves down to continue, and pray that it does not happen again.

Also in the same mission where you were supposed to eliminate militech soldiers, there is one that is stuck under a car (it is highlighted in red). You can't get to him even with grenades. Outside the compound wall there's this mech that you had to kill and it somehow counted.

I know your pain. This very mission was the last straw for me.
I had 2 critical bugs which I had to overcome to continue the mainstory. This was an absolute madness.
And 1 bug with an enemy under textures which I had to blow up with grenades. This was more or less funny.
But this entire mission is buggy as hell.

I am also stuck with this. Running patch 1.1.
Very disappointed. I had time to make a final push to beat this game that I've got 80 hours in, got stoned in preparation for the story conclusion, and then this stupid bug glitches at 12/13 enemies on what I assume is the very last stage of this mission.

FIX THIS!

I had this JUST now happen to me too. I logged in here to say I "figured it out".
Walk all over the top of the Panzer while pressing "square" (PS4) repeatedly. Eventually he'll drop in. Moving forward now hoping no more bugs.

I'm not say this will work for everyone or that some may not have even tried this already, but when I reloaded the last autosave which put me back at the beginning of that round (0/13) I just ran down stairs and fought them face to face and it was easier than I thought (hopefully your character is tough enough by now). Got them all on the first try.

The entire Aldecaldo ending has always been a bit of a buggy mess for me, with issues persisting to patch version 1.1 (PS4), only thing that works for me is reloading the entire ending (I always back up a save after meeting Hanako). To date I have never had something not go wrong with it, which is a huge shame as it's my favourite ending and almost ruined by the multiple bugs you can experience. Often just being cautious and maintaining safe manual saves can work around the issues but it can be a real drag.

1. Using Dakota's ice bath makes V completely nude, except clothes still equipped. Can be fixed by unequipping all items, re-equipping different items, unequipping those, and then re-equipping my preferred gear.

2. We Gotta Live Together: Bobby, Teddy and Carol should be around a table where they share their little ritual with V; except all 3 (sometimes not Carol) are in a tent yards away all halfway through the floor. Approaching them shows a [sit] prompt which teleports you to the table they should be at, but you are stuck there and need to reload.

Cyberpunk 2077_20210224155109.png

3. Before taking the Basilisk out for a test drive with Mitch he stands there and cannot be interacted with (fixed with reload)

4. When actually in the Basilisk with Mitch his dialogue will not trigger and the targets you are supposed to shoot do not get highlighted/do not appear. (fixed with reload)

5. In Forward to Death after walking down to the camp with Panam, the Basilisk has somehow spawned on top of Saul and his vehicle, meaning you cannot take the shard from him to view the drone footage of the site. (fixed with reload )

6. When shooting the Militech personnel (guarding Mitch and Carol) one or two always get "lost". I've found using an Ashura SMART sniper rifle and one-hit kill headshots seems to prevent enemies falling through scenery or getting trapped or whatever happens there.

7. When Panam calls you to get back to the Basilisk after defending Mitch & Carol there is no prompt to enter. Can be worked around by just mashing the appropriate interact button when standing over the cockpit.

Hoping these get addressed in the coming patch(es)!

I can't complete the mission but due to a different bug, this is the FIRST CRITICAL bug I encounter in the game after 160+ hours of playing (Google Stadia) - every time I ride the Basilisk ("Neutralize Militech's strike team" part) I get killed! Didn't know I can be killed in a panzer?? Never happened before. But a few rockets is enough to kill me before I can eliminate at least a half of the enemies. AND I PLAY ON AN EASY LEVEL. Please help. I didn't invest 160+ hours to stuck at that point.

I can't complete the mission but due to a different bug, this is the FIRST CRITICAL bug I encounter in the game after 160+ hours of playing (Google Stadia) - every time I ride the Basilisk ("Neutralize Militech's strike team" part) I get killed! Didn't know I can be killed in a panzer?? Never happened before. But a few rockets is enough to kill me before I can eliminate at least a half of the enemies. AND I PLAY ON AN EASY LEVEL. Please help. I didn't invest 160+ hours to stuck at that point.
Is it when you have to fire on the Militech "armored vehicles" ?
Do you only shoot the militech rocket launcher vehicles in priority ?
I play in very hard and i don't remember any difficulty here (just focus on rocket launcher first) and clean the rest afterwards :(

Is it when you have to fire on the Militech "armored vehicles" ?
Do you only shoot the militech rocket launcher vehicles in priority ?
I play in very hard and i don't remember any difficulty here (just focus on rocket launcher first) and clean the rest afterwards :(
thank you! there are multiple launchers (at least 3?), when I focus on them I am able to proceed a bit further but then I get killed anyway. I tried to change difficulty levels and didn't find any difference between easy and very hard :( I was able to kill 8 out of 11 enemies top, after more than 20 attempts.

Last edited:
Yes that's what I was going to say, I don't think the difficulty changes much vs those kind of enemies.
Maybe there are 3+, i don't remember exactly, but at least 1 on the right and 2 on the left. Me i'm standing just at the destroyed door, and shot them with rocket launcher (I never really go further, it's too exposed). On the right, could be difficult, it hide by a little hill.

And we're not gonna lie to each other, the Basilisk is cool, but it's a real wreck :D

Worst mission in the game, still bugged out for me multiple times with version 1.61.
I'll never do the Nomads ending again ;(

Top Bottom