[Bugs/Suggestions/Balance] Full Organized Document Compilation

+
So, I have several years of experience making balance improving mods and a decent reputation doing so. I could not help but document all of the issues I discovered while playing the game and ended up compiling a multi page google document which I have updated while reading through other people's suggestions and feedback.

90% of this document is stuff that I feel can be easily be fixed by the devs. In my opinion people knowledgeable with the game's dev kit could incorporate most of the changes before my Suggestions and Missions sections within a month. Things like improving Police, traffic, pedestrians and combat AI will also likely take a lot more time before we see real improvements.

These are changes that would drastically improve game play and balance. However one big concern I have is that a big chunk of my feedback is on broken/useless skills and I fear that CDPR will refuse to touch these since players have invested in characters already. My best suggestion is to make a balance patch ASAP and include a skill reset with that patch.

I will continue to update the document as people share suggestions. However I'm keeping the focus on what is realistically feasible and what impacts game play.

I've been lurking through all of the suggestion threads on here and Steam and adding to the document. It has grown quite a bit.

Awesome work man. Reading this gave me answers to many questions I had about the mechanics of some things in the game.

Cool. Good to see this over here too. :D
Post automatically merged:

OH YEAH!
Something that came to me yesterday.
Add the names of locations on the map. Perhaps only after you've been there. Bars, shops, contacts, ripperdocs, etc.
Right now, I have no idea how to find Lizzie's Bar again for instance. Or the Afterlife or El Coyote Cojo for that matter. Unless a mission pings it on the map for me to go there.
Well known places should simply have their names on the map from the get-go.
HECK!! V is FROM Night City and has spent a good deal of time there, so s/he should really know where all the major stuff is, and even some "underground" stuff. As the map is, it feels like V is a total noob to the city.

EDIT: Yet another thing from me. I'm cross posting these things both here and on Steam.
Flechette weapons and different types of ammo.
Flechette weapons are all over the original sourcebook. So why aren't they in the game? They're damn hell fart cool and useful and pretty powerful.
Also, what about different types of ammo? Armor piercing, hollow point, explosive rounds ... Again, these are standard things in the original sourcebooks.

Last edited:
So, I have several years of experience making balance improving mods and a decent reputation doing so. I could not help but document all of the issues I discovered while playing the game and ended up compiling a multi page google document which I have updated while reading through other people's suggestions and feedback.

90% of this document is stuff that I feel can be easily be fixed by the devs. In my opinion people knowledgeable with the game's dev kit could incorporate most of the changes before my Suggestions and Missions sections within a month. Things like improving Police, traffic, pedestrians and combat AI will also likely take a lot more time before we see real improvements.

These are changes that would drastically improve game play and balance. However one big concern I have is that a big chunk of my feedback is on broken/useless skills and I fear that CDPR will refuse to touch these since players have invested in characters already. My best suggestion is to make a balance patch ASAP and include a skill reset with that patch.

I will continue to update the document as people share suggestions. However I'm keeping the focus on what is realistically feasible and what impacts game play.
Your document is golden

Another update to the document. Help keep this in view by sharing your ideas or critiquing what is in the document (anything that would be bad for improving balance?).

I managed to find an official link for reporting bugs and sent CDPR a link to the document. Who knows if it'll be seen or ignored. They seem to only care about performance bugs at the moment, which is understandable. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom