Building a gaming PC

+
Just ordered the Sapphire RX 480 Nitro for that three year warranty.

Edit: Hum, I could get the Devil for the same price if I buy one additional year of warranty from another shop .

Last edited:
Just ordered the Sapphire RX 480 Nitro for that three year warranty.

Edit: Hum, I could get the Devil for the same price if I buy one additional year of warranty from another shop .

Here is a review translated from German to English

You can see some differences between theNitro and Red Devil

https://www.google.gr/search?q=GOOGLE&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=s_idV6jJFpHY8Ae1up_IDw#q=sapphire+rx+480+nitro+vs+Powercolor+RX+480+Red+devil

Unfortunately the link doesn't work if translated, well...

Look at the end of the page the review from: ComputerBase

Translate that to English afterwards.

Last edited:
I tested out The Witcher 3 with SLI and max settings; I'm averaging around 85 FPS at 3440x1440. It'll range between 70-110 FPS but it's very smooth with G-sync turned on (which caps the FPS at 100).

The HB SLI bridge that came with the GPU is a 3 slot bridge and I need a 2 slot bridge so I'm currently using 2 of the old flex connectors instead. Some people have reported an increase in FPS with the newer bridges whilst others report no change at all. I think most of the improvements are likely at higher resolutions (4k-5k+). There doesn't seem to be an improvement with frame times either at lower resolutions when using the old flex connectors.

Any news on Vega ETA? Regarding sync, is Nvidia still stuck with Gsync only? Or they have plans to support FreeSync?

Last edited:
Since I'm redecorating my room at the moment, I've had to put my gaming PC back its box for a week or so while I finish scrubbing my room and re-painting.

At the same time I decided to clean my keyboard and mouse. The horrible things living in there was scary. >__> Even though I've been very careful to keep food and drink away from my PC, and to clean my hands before I touch the mouse or keyboard both still had LOADS of crap in there that I don't even know what it used to be.

Anyway, 1 hour later and a supply of tissues and too many Q tips, I now own a (relatively) clean keyboard and mouse. Eugh.

Since I'm redecorating my room at the moment, I've had to put my gaming PC back its box for a week or so while I finish scrubbing my room and re-painting.

At the same time I decided to clean my keyboard and mouse. The horrible things living in there was scary. >__> Even though I've been very careful to keep food and drink away from my PC, and to clean my hands before I touch the mouse or keyboard both still had LOADS of crap in there that I don't even know what it used to be.

Anyway, 1 hour later and a supply of tissues and too many Q tips, I now own a (relatively) clean keyboard and mouse. Eugh.

At least you spilled no salad on your 150€ Keyboard like certain someone ;P

At least you spilled no salad on your 150€ Keyboard like certain someone ;P

Very true! We are a salad free zone over here.

---------- Updated at 01:09 PM ----------

Actually, I would also like some advice from the knowledgeable people on our forums :)

My current SSD (which is about 218GB) is running out of space, and it's becoming a bit of an issue for me. From what I know, it wouldn't be a problem to plug another SSD into my motherboard (as long as I have the free socket/plug thingies available) so I was wondering if there are any good SSDs out there which offer ideally more than 300GB of space. I have another hard drive that is 1TB which holds most of my stuff but even then, I am seriously in need of a larger SSD to act as my C drive.

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Pro...E16820226596&cm_re=ssd-_-20-226-596-_-Product Would this one be okay? It seems reasonably priced for an SSD with 1TB of space.

Very true! We are a salad free zone over here.

---------- Updated at 01:09 PM ----------

Actually, I would also like some advice from the knowledgeable people on our forums :)

My current SSD (which is about 218GB) is running out of space, and it's becoming a bit of an issue for me. From what I know, it wouldn't be a problem to plug another SSD into my motherboard (as long as I have the free socket/plug thingies available) so I was wondering if there are any good SSDs out there which offer ideally more than 300GB of space. I have another hard drive that is 1TB which holds most of my stuff but even then, I am seriously in need of a larger SSD to act as my C drive.

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Pro...E16820226596&cm_re=ssd-_-20-226-596-_-Product Would this one be okay? It seems reasonably priced for an SSD with 1TB of space.

How about a Samsung 850 EVO with 512GB?

Edit: The Mushkin seems to be pretty nice too.
Edit 2:

Review: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8949/mushkin-reactor-1tb-ssd-review

Accidently linked a review for the 512GB version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom