Building a gaming PC

+
Upgraded mah PC audio with the Violectric V200 headphone amplifier and it's glorious.

And this is pretty much it. With the HD800 (with SuperDupont mod),NFB-11 and the HPA V200 I can't go much better in regards to (headphone) audio. At least on my budget anyways.

Last edited:
Upgraded mah PC audio with the Violectric V200 headphone amplifier and it's glorious.

And this is pretty much it. With the HD800 (with SuperDupont mod),NFB-11 and the HPA V200 I can't go much better in regards to (headphone) audio. At least on my budget anyways.

Nice Setup m8.

I really hope that I can finally buy an aftermarket 480 next week. If there is still not a single one in stock I will probably get a 1070. AMD Y U DO THIS!??!?!

Hi, I'm planning a new setup. Currently I just wait and hope, that the prices for the GTX1080/1070 are dropping.
I found a nice 4k Monitor from LG and thought about a GTX 1080 but all the benchmarks show that it gets only 40-50 fps on 4k.
So apparently this 750€+ graphics card is outdated very soon. Games from next year only manage 30-40 fps and in 2 years I'm below 30?
What do you guys think? Will it last longer or shorter? Will it then help to put in a way cheaper 1060 in SLI mode to boost fps?
Or would it be much better to not go for 4k at the moment and just buy a GTX1070 instead?

1060 doesn't have SLI as far as I know. You'd have to go with RX 480 (or maybe 490 when it's out) for a cheap multi GPU option. Otherwise you'll have to go at least 1070 (which might be a bit expensive in SLI form).

There is a lot of uncertainty when it comes to the future of SLI/CFX. Right now it doesn't look very bright and I wouldn't recommend opting into one right now. And single GPU setups aren't yet powerful enough for 4K/60fps. Heck, even I'm struggling with my 1070 @ 3440x1440.

Wait for 1080Ti or Volta.

Last edited:
I'm happy with my single GTX 1080 and I have a friend that has 2 1080's and wants to play everything with SLI. The fact is, he gets most of the times worse fps with sli enabled, than with a single card :D Even the most modern games don't support SLI quite often, I even saw the first reviews from the new Deus Ex Mankind Devided where people were writing that SLI doesn't work at all.

So then I guess I'll go with one GTX 1080 or 1070 and just wait how 4K evolves.
Thx for your answers.
Can you recommend a monitor larger than 1080p but below 4K?

So then I guess I'll go with one GTX 1080 or 1070 and just wait how 4K evolves.
Thx for your answers.
Can you recommend a monitor larger than 1080p but below 4K?
1440p or 3440x1440 ultrawide. The latter is still a lot easier to drive than 4K.

2560x1440 = 3.68 mp
3440x1440 = 4.95 mp
4K = 8.29 mp

Last edited:
Shouldn't monitors support both these days? Kind of stupid to limit their functionality only to one type of GPU. Though it's also stupid that Nvidia don't want to support Freesync. But they aren't new to lock-in.

Top Bottom