Building Your Character Thread

+

Will you play as a male or a female protagonist for your first walkthrough?

• Total voters
https://www.techspot.com/news/75058...ssless-character-progression-wallrunning.html

Furthermore, characters will have access to skills, perks, and attributes which will govern how they interact with the world. For example, if a character doesn't have a high enough hacking skill to get through a door, they can use their engineering skill to pry open a nearby wall panel to force their way in.

Unlike the 2077's source material, the Cyberpunk 2020 pen-and-paper RPG, the game will not include classes or roles in the traditional sense. Rather, players will be able to choose perks and skills that suit their preferences as they play, allowing them to create their own class over time.

However, the progression system's contents are centered around three styles of play that do closely match three specific pen-and-paper classes: Solo, Techie, and Netrunner.

Yes it's just an impressions piece. But like Snow, I have seen stats, skills and perks listed as different systems by multiple independent sources. So I tend to think it's not just some journalists creating a meaningless distinction between skills and perks. Not saying it's impossible for multiple places to mess it up ... but it seems less likely to me.

It might be akin Fallout 4- perks set the level as to how far down a skill tree you can go, skills are options on the tree, and attributes are the bonuses you get to those skills via various means.

For example; 10 perk point in strength might unlock the option to flip cars. Points in that skill determine what size of vehicle and how far. Attributes of the various mods you wear might allow you to set them on fire.

Playing as a male. My character would be an assassin for hire... hope there's a class for that.
And I also have decided that my character will be weilding samurai swords and guns.
And if the game will allow it, my V will look something like this... with a small robot assisstant thingy.

We've heard a little about these but I'm wondering to what extent they'll go. Personally I would love it if we got down with some corporate chick and at some point in the story she actually uses her influence to get us out of a corporate slammer or brings us a job from her corporation that would have gone to some random mercenary otherwise. Maybe even help us get some top of the line gear for a hard mission or better yet warns us when being hired by another corporation that we're being screwed on the price of our service with bullshit legalese.

Other similar opportunities exist like a member of a gang telling you when a meeting with another gang is clearly a setup and helping you smuggle in some higher caliber weapons for when they try to kill you, etc.

Basically I suppose I've been letting my mind run wild with how much relationships that actually mean something could be a game changer and make the world even more immersive as well as repayable and just damn cool. But the question still is if I'm overshooting the importance of relationships in the game.

While the possibility of long term relationships has been confirmed, I am somewhat skeptical if they would really have that much impact on the game, or if they are even particularly well written with a custom protagonist. After all, in The Witcher 3, you get different dialogues at times, but relationships do not actually affect the quests or gameplay. To be fair, this would not be easy to implement, and the focus is probably on different content.

Freedom is a polemic theme to be neglected. many players want to have all classes all weapons. but the cool thing about RPG is to be different is to see another player pass on our side with a clothes way and a power different from ours. how to control to avoid clone players in cyberpunk. avoid players the same clothes the same attack and posting gameplay to overcome the mechanics of the game. How to offer variety without exessive advantages. please send solutions.

This is a singleplayer RPG first and foremost. MP will not be arriving on launch, and if (big if, we know nothing about it) it does arrive later, we don't know what form it will take.

I don't think it's necessary to avoid clone players with the same clothes or same attacks, though. Just give people lots of options and let them choose whatever they want. Assuming the MP is anything like GTA Online, that is, which we don't know at this point in time.

Top Bottom