Building Your Character Thread

+

Will you play as a male or a female protagonist for your first walkthrough?

• Total voters
I agree 100% with you. But after gazing over various post from people I have seen a few people use Skyrim as their example as if the game was anywhere near remotely good.

They should use Fallout: New Vegas as an example. It has the freedom of Skyrim, but it also has the character/player accountability (at least to a certain degree) that a story driven RPG should have.

La de DA. DO not turn this into a Shit On Bethesda thread, thanks.

I know this is a CDPR forum, but screw it, I love Bethesda and always have. I don't care if their games aren't "true RPGs" or if they're full of bugs. They're entertaining and great for blank-slate roleplay.

A freeform blank slate character with Lifepath choices would be the best option here.

I'm already a bit put off about that "V" thing.

You and me both, but it'll only be a few hours and we should learn more. It seems like character creation is something they are going to focus on.

It seems like character creation is something they are going to focus on.

I would hope so. "V" so far seems already a bit, or at least on the road of becoming too defined.

La de DA. DO not turn this into a Shit On Bethesda thread, thanks.

Not to build an echo chamber or fighting pit, but since it's allowed to be mentioned in a positive manner, surely an opposing opinion is also allowed.

Not to build an echo chamber or fighting pit, but since it's allowed to be mentioned in a positive manner, surely an opposing opinion is also allowed.

Of course. But if everyone starts going off about how Bethsoft and/or Skyrim is crap, yeahno. Make the point -if someone else has made it, great move on.

Negative posts go south fast creatively and also obstruct communication from people who support whatever the last nine posters slammed so harshly.

If the game allows (as I've sincerely hoped) to roll a completely random character (appearance, role, skills and stats for the career package and pickup skills, lifepath), I'd go with what ever it'd produce.

If not, which is likely, I dunno. Which ever.

Of course. But if everyone starts going off about how Bethsoft and/or Skyrim is crap, yeahno. Make the point -if someone else has made it, great move on.

Negative posts go south fast creatively and also obstruct communication from people who support whatever the last nine posters slammed so harshly.
There does seem to be this notion among certain elitists that if you don't hate on Bethesda blindly, you're not fit for the cool kids club. It's the new "it's popular so its bad" 4chan esque /v/ipster mentality. Bethesda games have their faults, and they have great elements aswell I don't see why we can't like both. I mean if I remember correctly Bethesda added a voiced protagonist to Fallout 4 because they were inspired by the success of The Witcher franchise, they probably could have done a better job of it, a lot better I suppose but there's nothing wrong with emulation of another franchise, or at least taking what works, as long as the game itself is unique and fresh and doesn't skimp on core vision of the title, but yeah this thread isn't about Bethesda, but some people always have to virtue signal about their hate for them.

As w/ most RPGs the PC typically starts at the bottom, working their way up. So, starting as a hired gun makes sense. As for blank slate or defined, I’m hoping for something in-between, like Shepard in ME and ME2. In ME3 Shepard became for too defined. For 2077, I know what I would like, but realistically I’m not going to get my hopes up. That it’s a single player game w/ character creation is, sadly, all I’m hoping for as this type of game becomes less in line w/ some publishers’ bottom line.

As w/ most RPGs the PC typically starts at the bottom, working their way up. So, starting as a hired gun makes sense. As for blank slate or defined, I’m hoping for something in-between, like Shepard in ME and ME2. In ME3 Shepard became for too defined. For 2077, I know what I would like, but realistically I’m not going to get my hopes up. That it’s a single player game w/ character creation is, sadly, all I’m hoping for as this type of game becomes less in line w/ some publishers’ bottom line.

My exact thought process. I am also on the same train as you; just glad for a single player game with character creation.

Oh, I'll have to try many until I get what character is right for the type of game and context. I don't even know enough about cyberpunk to mention all these classes y'all are talking about. And I'm the of the kind who spends more time in character creation than actually playing, even when I'm familiar with the setting.

That said, I do have a few recurring characters I'd like to throw at this city. Let's see... *rummages through pictures*

Franke would like to explore it, might be a good first character, even if I don't finish that playthrough. He's a somewhat of a tourist.

Look him up in Fallen London if you want, have a coffe or something.

Kintsukuroi should fit nicely, assuming she can get a big bike and a prosthetic leg and get into trouble.

Matriarch could be interesting if she can try taking over a gang to make streets safer her way (which doesn't mean she'd have to succeed to consider it a successful game).
Matriarch.png

While Ares would just try to make as much profit as possible from the chaos
Ares.png

There's more that could work, but those are the obvious ones I can show right now. :giggle:

The only thing I'm confused about is Mike Pondsmith saying all the classes would be there. The classless system is seemingly only focused on three, though.

Bizarre.

The only thing I'm confused about is Mike Pondsmith saying all the classes would be there. The classless system is seemingly only focused on three, though.

Bizarre.

I'm extremely confused too, the change to First Person is not a problem at all but everything else like the different classes, the sudden change from the moody night/dark city elements are completely gone and they wont show the gameplay to clarify things.

I mean look at this video, where is everything that Pondsmith said?

I'm extremely confused too, the change to First Person is not a problem at all but everything else like the different classes, the sudden change from the moody night/dark city elements are completely gone and they wont show the gameplay to clarify things.

I mean look at this video, where is everything that Pondsmith said?

Everything he said is there. He already explained the night time noire and stuff, so did Kyle Rowley in the interview just now.

I would say all the Roles are there, but you can only play 3.

Refs do that - I've done that. Cutting Netrunner is usually Job one. Cutting down to 3 classes is not unheard of - Cop Campaigns and Solo Campaigns can do that.

There will be darker stuff, but CP2077 is FULL FEATURED game. With day night. It is not Blade Runner or the Matrix or Deus Ex. Let go of that idea.

Top Bottom