Building Your Character Thread

+

Will you play as a male or a female protagonist for your first walkthrough?

• Total voters
A crooked rockerboy bent on becoming Night City's next mayor
(Was the setting we made in our last campaign and was hella fun)

I can get really heated when talking about this so please pardon me beforehand. I just ♥ this stuff.

I'd like to create the person I have always wanted to be - cool, badass, beautiful but still another random punk. So, I'm really grateful for the possibility to play as a female, that's always a plus. I have yet to decide which class I'd like to be for my first gameplay but it will probably be either solo or fixer. I want my char. to be a simple cop, nothing extra.

Looks wise? Imagine a vampire-like pale woman with long straight white hair. These characteristics I have and I like them so I'll just try to make myself in-game but a better version of course. xD

In the description for the game it says "You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract." Isn't this kinda limiting for roleplaying? Shouldn't you be able to start off the game as a corporate, media, cop or any of the other classes or subclasses in the original cyberpunk games? I feel like the description of the game is kind of worrying, kind of implying we're forced to play as a hired gun named V instead of having our own backstories/roles.

Doesn't specify what kind of contract you've got.
Netrunning?
Techie?
Solo?

You still can start the game with a specific role, that first "mission" may differ depending what role you choose (and could act like a tutorial), unless stated otherwise, we can assume Roles are still aviable.

We all have some kind of a backstory, our character needs some too. I believe it won't limit us and the future choices we'll be forced to make.
I hope that the classes will noticeably affect the story and ofc the gameplay too.

I always go with the female protagonist because not always it's possible to play as one and personally, I can't wait to see the punk style on women and customize one of my own.

When I have the choice I always play as a girl.
Depending on how much impact gender has on the game I might play as a male at some point if it affects the story. Otherwise I'll probably just play as a girl.

Guest 3847602

What I usually do is mess around with customization options, try to create both good looking male and female character, then start playing with whoever I like better. So, hard to tell at the moment, but if it's a 3rd person game I tend to go for female. Besides, even when I play as a male character I don't do self-insert at all.

The first trailer gave me the expectation of the Protag filling a role similar to Kazuki Fuse from Jin-Roh, something I was extremely excited about. I'm really disappointing in the generic hired gun choice.

People seem to want the worse....Skyrim.....

Not everyone. Skyrim is full of shit because nobody in that game cares about anything, nothing in that game matters and everything revolves around the player. And that is because that's what Bethesda wants, a very loose "deplete the content" experience. That's not what anyone should want here.

Not really. Skyrim is full of shit because nobody in that game cares about anything, nothing in that game matters and everything revolves around the player. And that is because that's what Bethesda wants, a very loose "deplete the content" experience. That's not what anyone should want here.

I agree 100% with you. But after gazing over various post from people I have seen a few people use Skyrim as their example as if the game was anywhere near remotely good.

Top Bottom