Building Your Character Thread

+

Will you play as a male or a female protagonist for your first walkthrough?

• Total voters
I don't even know what these mean and how they work, so how can I decide?

I'll probably play a build that allows me the best options for exploration. I assume cybernetics allows me extra implants that allow me to run on walls or maybe drop from great heights and hacking is pretty obvious, so those will be in priority.

When it comes to RP, it wil be a laconic snarker who still tries to solve problems and make his neighbourhood a better place. Just don't expect him not to be an ass about it.

When it comes to abilities. I'm absolutely terrible at FP gunplay or stealth, so it will be tech or sniping with those snazzy smartweapons.

In games where I can "tough it out" with my own skills (my ability top use m&kb basically) I tend to go for social/hacking/lockpicking skills for my character.

Like for example in New Vegas my goto character would tag guns, lockpicking and hacking and then invest in speech as well. All this coupled with a high intelligence score meant I could very quickly get a character that could deal with situations in a variety of ways (guns blazing, talk my way out of messy situations or hacking/lockpicking my way past them). The bad thing was that since I typically use Project Nevada which means no level up + to max health my character would be a glass cannon throughout the entire game. Which I loved.

A more recent example: in Human Revolution I'd get perks that opened up new pathways through quests first before worrying about Jensen combat capability.

I like my characters to have as many options open when it comes to tackling quests. This is why I absolutely love it when a game rewards me for taking my time with investigating a situation, information is power. Guns blazing is almost always an option, it can be harder or easier for me but it's there. But having a character with a silver tongue or that can hack their way into advantageous situations isn't always there unless you specifically try to build it that way.

So yeah, will probably go for a intelligence/tech/cool hacky/talky build in the starting stages of the game and then branch out from there.

If there are no skillchecks in dialogues, everyone is going to play as stealth archer anyway. Maximum effeciency. From Elder Scrolls to Far Cry, it's a constant in perk based levelling system.

Probably a jack of all trades - little bit of this, little bit of that. First playthrough would likely be trying different things to see what they do, and then subsequent playthroughs would be more specializing in the styles I enjoyed the most in the first playthrough.

At this point I don't think we know enough about the perk/skill system to even consider builds.

By all (current) appearances there are three trees or perk sets, can you choose freely between them? Do you have to take them in order? Can you skip over some?

I want more information before I even attempt to figure this out.

I mean, can I do Assassin's Creed murder-parkour? Jensen murder-them-all "nonlethal" gameplay? Arkham "a tank round to the face is totally nonlethal!" gameplay? Murderhoboing?

I need more info.

If there's any way that this is possible, you guys should incorporate a feature where you would take pictures of your face via mobile app or console camera so the game could use that data to build a character that resembles yourself. That way, it would really be you going through and experiencing the cyberpunk world you have to offer. I already know that there is software that's capable of mimicking voices perfectly and also face mimicking software as well. I'm not familiar with these subjects at all though, I have no idea if this is even a plausible idea. If it is though, that would change character customization and gaming itself. At the end of the day, you guys probably know what's best for your game. Just thought I'd share, no harm in that - Cyberpunk 2077

No! Oh dear Ereshkigal doing a Hopak dance in a pleated miniskirt no!

Edit: If you're wondering why I'm having this reaction: Do you want to have a conversation on if CDPR's team is racist? Because this is how you get that conversation. Modern facial recognition software generally available for game developers still has serious problems with non-European, non-West Asian faces.

I like keeping my options open. I'm not big on going toe-to-toe though, preferring to go more with stealth and agility over firepower and toughness. OTOH, I'm not above using heat-seeking missiles as anti-personnel weapons either. But at the end of the day, I prefer to acheive my goals through methods other than straight-up gun-bunny, so I'll probably lean a bit more towards technique than strength.

Damn i cannot tell... i want to hack, i want cyberthings, i want to use theses badass futuristic guns, ooohh god i want to try everything.
I must profit life until it will be release because im pretty sure i will spend to many hours into this game haha

It depends on the mechanics, AI of the enemies and of all the structure of the city.
Gunplay: I like going stealth, but only if it's easier than Deus Ex, but I also like having some survivability if things go south.

Cybernetics: I don't want some of my characterss to be full of cybernetics, but I want them in my first playthrough because it feels such a waste to not use them in such a game.
And hacking abilities are always important.

So yeah, I foresee a lot of indecisions.

Hmm.. I'll probably be playing a Netrunner type, but I don't think I'll have to worry much about builds since I'll be running with infinite health activated. So I'll just pad out whatever conversational and interactivity stats and skills that the game offers and not bother beefing up the combat aspects.

Techie setup with remote/proximity explosives, probably set up for short range combat(shotgun/smg).

Hopefully we'll get more info soon.

Probably netrunner, with cyber enhancements focused on stealth/hacking. If I have to go in person, I want to be a stealth ninja, taking out enemies from behind and not alerting anybody. My weapons will probably be sword/knife since they do not require ammo and as long as I can take them out from behind in a one hit kill. I will also have a silencer gun for if I need to take out multiples quickly and a long range silent sniper rifle for long distance take downs. I am not sure if the game allows it, but I hope I can hack into enemies and make them fight each other. One of my favorite tactics in other games like bioshock and skyrim, is to hide in the distance and have enemies attack each other. I am not really a person who likes to go in guns ablazing and prefer stealth and non violent options to solve problems.

I definitely want to go for stealth/hacker. Probably one of my favourite things to do in any game, even putatively non-stealth games, is to take out all but one in a group of enemies before they realise I'm there, and then letting the last one realise everyone else is dead before I take them out too. I'm super keen for hacking too.

Hi guys!

I watched two Youtube videos yesterday and I'm hoping this either is already in game or you guys will consider these ideas. :)

In YongYea's video, he talked about "the player" pointing a gun at a stray cat in an alley (don't worry for anyone who hasn't heard, they didn't shoot it) during the walkthrough. I know pets are probably not even on your radar and will likely just be the same as the cats running around in The Witcher 3.

But I'm hoping, along with all the other amazing things I've head about the game, that maybe, just MAYBE, you guys will consider letting us have pets in game. Like the option to take home a stray as an interaction. I'm not thinking along the lines of having to monitor and take care of it, more along the lines of bringing it home and having it just be around our place as extra ambience,

(Don't know the rules on links in the forums since I'm still new here but Yong's video is titled - "Everything I Saw in the Mind Blowing Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Demo" - in case you wanted to watch it for yourselves.)

In the other video, Adam, I think (the gorgeously bearded man on the left in the video - "Cyberpunk 2077: A First-Hand Account" by "The Know") mentioned a conversation with a Cyberpunk staff member about beards being in the game. Which got me wondering, will there be dynamic beard growth in Cyberpunk, like there is in TW3?

Obviously none of us know how the mechanics of the game work but it would be really funny / fun, to have an option for beard growth (and a slight nod to TW3) and having pets as ambience, if there's still time to add the things into the game.

Thanks for your time! :)

Top Bottom