But I will never wear a [low-cut dress] again, Geralt. Never.

+
But I will never wear a [low-cut dress] again, Geralt. Never.

“They used the highest magics on us,” she continued in a muted voice, “spells, elixirs, amulets and artefacts. Nothing was left wanting for the wounded heroes of the Hill. We were cured, patched up, our former appearances returned to us, our hair and sight restored. You can hardly see the marks. But I will never wear a [low-cut dress] again, Geralt. Never.

Kinda bummed with this , obvious fanservice while forgetting about lore :(

Great game tho...

And that she doesnt have marks that CDPR forgot she have ~~ "You can hardly see the marks" and she would not want to show to world .

I understand you but this dress is not that different then the dress she took in the withcer 1.

Attachments

• jEbTYCg.jpg
    jEbTYCg.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
Sure a bit of fan service, but also a tad nitpicky on your part. (on an optional outfit at that.) They did this exact thing back in 2008 with Triss' outfit in W1, and that wasn't optional. In W2, sure they covered her up entirely, but the marks where still nowhere to be found. I don't think CDPR just "forgot" about the lore for the sake of fan service, they just designed her according to their own vision.

Yeah, yeah, in the same basket with blue eyes and chestnut hairs. I still don't get what was the motivation of CDPR designers behind these decisions.

That dress a bit too much (or should I say... too less?..) Not the dress kinda guy anyway, I like her hairstyle though

Not that big of fan of the wolf gear but I'll definitely check it out.

Does this also come out for PS4 today or do we have to wait an extra week? *sigh*

Last edited:
“they used the highest magics on us,” she continued in a muted voice, “spells, elixirs, amulets and artefacts. Nothing was left wanting for the wounded heroes of the hill. We were cured, patched up, our former appearances returned to us, our hair and sight restored. You can hardly see the marks. but i will never wear a [low-cut dress] again, geralt. Never.

kinda bummed with this , obvious fanservice while forgetting about lore :(

great game tho...

@Reod i tried to squash your signature :{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

I agree, it is fanservice, but this is the type of Triss CD Projekt RED went for; she does not resemble the book Triss, really. I also get the impression they hardcore ship Triss and Geralt, and I find it funny due to the nature of the book.

Time's a great healer. People often make pronouncements of things they'll never do again and then change their minds at a later date.

Despite it actually is a bit against books
She is a freaking mage ! If Filippa can change herself into freakin owl I bet Triss can hide some scars, even my sister can do that and obviously she isn't the type of girl that can create rain of fire ;p

Alot of people got messed up during that battle, though. One could argue that Yen should have stayed blind, as well as Triss still being completely burned and not having any hair whatsoever. I've also heard some claim that the implication is supposed to be about psychological scars, though I have no idea if that's got something to do with the english translation from the original Polish version...or if it's just an interpretation of the reading. And my understanding is that per the books, as long as the magic being used to heal is more powerful...it can overcome the damage caused by lesser magic. Which is why Triss has her scalp and hair and face back to normal, as well as Yen not being blind. I forget the character, but there was one character who had her entire jaw and mouth obliterated by ancient magic, and because the magic was so powerful she could not be healed.

I don't think her showing cleavage particularity breaks the source material. Though, they haven't yet translated all the novels yet. But, seems pretty easy to explain and accept I think.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I like stuff that stays true to the material, but It's not like they've stuck strictly to the books in a lot of other regards either. Some people just like to complain?

It's optional DLC.

Last edited:
One thing I wonder is whether they'll go the 'fanservice-route' with Ciri as well. I wish they at least get rid of the high heels - although the animations are probably made with 'heels in mind'.

That is something said very early on in the saga. At this time both Yen and Triss had psychological scars from their experience at Sodden Hill. Yen couldn't sleep in a darkened room and Triss could still see invisible burn scars.

After they faced the progrom in Rivia together there was a change. They'd again stood side by side on top of a hill and faced death and won. (Sort of).
If the games were set between the Battle of Sodden and the Rivian Pogrom, I'd be 100% behind the complaint that Triss would "never".

After that... I'm not so sure that her "never from fear/memory of fear/fear of memory" applies any more. Most people have their "I'll never" that they then proceed to do. Some right away, others after a distance in time and after coming to terms with themselves.

How many times have people said something like "I'm never drinking again" when they've got a nasty hangover. Are you going to take that literal, as well? lol.

People are fickle. Sorceress, or not.

One thing I wonder is whether they'll go the 'fanservice-route' with Ciri as well. I wish they at least get rid of the high heels - although the animations are probably made with 'heels in mind'.

What's wrong with heels?

Last edited:
Top Bottom