C://USB-01_backup/CONCEPT_ART/CP_visual_styles

+
>ENTROPISM
Necessity over Style

The look of poverty that derives from humans grappling with and struggling against technology and its unforgiving advance. It denotes a lack of design blending with a general poverty of means and ideas.

>KITSCH
Style over Substance

The look of a long lost golden age on people entirely unwilling or unable to forget it. It’s flashy, bold and usually cheap – filled with gold-plated cyberware, implants encased in brightly colored plastic and larger-than-life makeup.

>NEOMILITARISM
Substance over Style

The look of global conflict and corporations jockeying for power. Cold, sharp and modern. Making everyone look as if they are ready to drop out of an AV’s cargo door and head straight into combat.

>NEOKITSCH
Substance and Style

The look of infinite wealth and vanity. Synonymous with luxury, it has been blossoming among Night City’s wealthiest elites – those who can afford to buy anything, who can afford to be anything they want to be.

I love the variety here, way more fleshed out that any other cyberpunk genre game I've seen over the years. I can't wait to play my transhumanist netrunning gutter punk rocking that entropism style.

I love the variety here, way more fleshed out that any other cyberpunk genre game I've seen over the years. I can't wait to play my transhumanist netrunning gutter punk rocking that entropism style.
aye me too. Let's hope all the hype surrounding this game brings back more cybergoths! and lets hope we can dress as a cybergoth too! :cool:

I love the aesthetics of this game :cool: At least what’s been shown so far. It’s amazing to see how they nailed different cyberpunk/cyberpunkish artistic approaches to clothing, vehicles, architecture and general "vibes". Love the small details as well, like the facial wiring on the jaguar, the quite fancy building behind the neokitsch models and the lack of traditional side-view mirrors on the cars (replaced by cameras it seems), just to mention a few.

Based on the architecture seen in the background of each artwork and of what little I know of the lore, I can guess which one represents which district:

• Santo Domingo, or perhaps Pacifica, on the Entropist one. The favela vibes of it makes me think that it belongs to the more industrialized and/or poorer districts.
  • Watson on the Kitsch one. Those buildings remind me a lot of the 2018 gameplay demo.
  • City Center for the Neomilitarist one. I can’t believe City Center might end up looking this brutalistic! :love:
  • Westbrook on the Neokitsch one. The hills of Westbrook, to be more precise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom