Cadaverine is an Overpowered Card

+
Does anyone else know about "Cadaverine?" For 7 provisions, Skellige gets a card that works like Schirru, and doesn't require any Brouver/CotF/Ithlinne setup. This is completely overpowered when combined with Crach, Masterworked Spear, and Udalryk. All you have to do is ping enemies until they are all 3 or 4 or 5 and boom!!

In practice, this artifact doesn't get removed from the field because you don't play it until mid-round, to prevent it from passing the 3 or 4 or 5 charges that you aim for. If the opponent had any artifact removal, they would have already used early-round on a spear.
Cadaverine.jpg

Let's talk results. Artifact removal has declined since the latest patch, and people are woefully unprepared for 2 spears + this card in round 3. They hardly stand a chance against overpowered stuff like this. This card allows you to cheaply lay waste to people, and I sincerely hope it gets patched before more people find out and start abusing it.

Attachments

• Cadaverine.jpg
    Cadaverine.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 621
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 301
SK doesn't need pleb cards like Cadaverine. That is Nilfgaards forte. SK is already stocked full of OP cards. Thank you very much :).

It's an artifact, which can be easily removed, and which has no real value in it's first round. How erm terrifying xD

Has anyone ever seen it in game?

It's rarely seen in-game because people don't know about it. It's meant to be played in the middle of the last round, when people's artifact removal has already been used on your spears, if they had any. When you play spears before playing Cadaverine, no one will keep an artifact removal card in their hand for a few rounds.
Post automatically merged:

No setup needed, besides play a tactic every round and beforehand some artifacts... i dont think so so.

You don't need to play any tactics cards. It already gains a charge every round, and tactics cards are a bonus. You only need to play Cadaverine, wait for 3 or 4 or 5 rounds, and it will charge up to 3 or 4 or 5 and then you click Order and remove all units with the same power.

It's rarely seen in-game because people don't know about it. It's meant to be played in the middle of the last round, when people's artifact removal has already been used on your spears, if they had any. When you play spears before playing Cadaverine, no one will keep an artifact removal card in their hand for a few rounds.
Post automatically merged:

You don't need to play any tactics cards. It already gains a charge every round, and tactics cards are a bonus. You only need to play Cadaverine, wait for 3 or 4 or 5 rounds, and it will charge up to 3 or 4 or 5 and then you click Order and remove all units with the same power.
But it's a Nilfgaard card. How do you want to play it with Crach or Udalryk? And it removes your cards too, so you must be able to change the power of your cards. It seems to me that is too complicated with a Nilfgaard deck. But if you show me a decklist..

The card isn't overpowered at all. It can destroy units on both sides, if it's removed it is highly unlikely that your opponent has Caretaker. You lost one match against it because you couldn't do anything about it and now you think it's OP. Run Iris or Bomb Heavers. The car isn't really that strong at all. I've used it, Nilfgaard is my favorite faction.

But it's a Nilfgaard card. How do you want to play it with Crach or Udalryk? And it removes your cards too, so you must be able to change the power of your cards. It seems to me that is too complicated with a Nilfgaard deck. But if you show me a decklist..

You play it alongside spears. You can use spears to change the power of your own cards. You can also go all-in with Wyvern Scale Shield and manipulate card power on both sides until your cards are cleared and Cadaverine destroys all or most opponent cards. Cadaverine has the potential to become the core of an extremely annoying artifact deck, like Sihil used to be.

Maybe there will be control NG with the new leader. Based on artifacts and some questionable tactics.

This post lost all validity when you referenced Crach alongside this card.

And Cadaverine doesn't have Schirru-like potential because there isn't any Nilfgaard leader to ping your units or your enemy's units. You're heavily relying on Spears and tactic cards to carry the combo home; that's alot of cards to make this functional. Even the damage capabilities of NG units aren't on par with ST units.

It feels like you're trying to make something out of nothing here.

Cadaverine will surely see an increase in popularity once Ardal aep Dahy joins the game, but it won't be OP in Skellige decks.

So far I've never seen it used, in constructed or the Arena.

Not to be mean, but... OP do you really think that all of the pro players, all the streamers, all of the CDPR staff and everyone else just missed this over powered, game braking card or DID see it and just fail to recognize its SHEER POWER? Has the game really not been broken in half by the unstoppable might of Cadaverine because only you had the foresight needed to crack the code and make an unbeatable deck?

I mean if so... Build a deck list and bust your way into the top of the pro ladder scene my dude! Seriously if its really that good, show everyone doubting you how wrong we are and dominate the scene! I'll be the first to admit I am often wrong about things and maybe you are right and this card IS op as hell... Only way to show it is to prove it. If you do, others will follow, the card will rise in popularity and CDPR will take the steps needed to nerf it.

Otherwise maybe take a step back and consider that its not seen as an OP card needing of immediate balancing because its fine. Maybe a bit mediocre even. I mean, it takes 4+ turns to really get good (without tactics) and that's with a pair of spears helping you and if that many artifacts end up in the meta then people will run more tech, thus hamstringing its effectiveness.

I've used it. It's really hard to balance enemy units and the timing needs to be exactly right because it gains a charge every turn.

So if you miss your window in turn 5, for whatever reason, be it playing an extra tactic card, or waiting a bit, that's it, then chances are you won't kill anything really. Literally 0 value card. Not to mention the chances of backfiring and of course, artifact tech which exists (with good reason) in every deck :p

I tried out a usurper artifact deck with 12 prov seizing locked guy in casual with cadavarine. The first game everything went according to plan and I absolutely crushed the guy R3 and got off my petri philter seize their one leftover unit and then boost everything with thunderbolts while destroying their 4 units at 5 str. The next 4 matches in casual I lost to cardsmiths and wolf pups because it's a complete garbage deck. Also a lot of starter cards are boosty like swallow which really messed up that strategy.

Top Bottom