Cahir avatar

+

Should Cahir be added as an avatar to Gwent: The Witcher Card Game?

• Total voters
Now with Homecoming and Thronebreaker practically being out on consoles I want to request a Cahir avatar once more.

Cahir, after all he has done,
the knight with the winged helmet, the man with the Nilfgaardian accent who is no Nilfgaardian, the warrior who led the troops in the Battle for the Bridge of the Yaruga and the hero who sacrificed himself for Cirilla
does deserve his own avatar aswell, doesn't he?

After all we already know how he looks like, you just need to release him as an avatar. Now is the time!
Screenshot_20181201-112156_Photos~2.jpg

Last edited:
Is it considered cheating if I chose both the options? ;)

Cahir is one of my favourite characters in the book. And he is important and very strong too. He deserves an avatar and the Mosaic Avatar too.

partci

Forum veteran
This geek that died like a little b*tch?

Nope.

I'll prefer a Bonhart avatar. He was at least maybe the most OP non-sorcerer/mutant character in the books.

@rrc I agree! Personally I prefer the realistic avatars but he sure does deserve his mosaic version.
And only one choice my friend. Chose wisely.;)

@partci Definately agree on Bonhart, one of my all time favorite book villains. But are you serious about Cahir? What makes you call him a geek and a dog? He did after all die to
the most OP non-sorcerer/mutant character in the books.
, which is not a shame at all. And he did it so save his friends which definately makes him a hero and loyal man in my book and all but a dog.

@G3nome Here you go, his three voicelines and below a video where you can listen to his old voice actor. You can also find his old voicelines with a simple Soundcloud search, just make sure you type in his exact voiceline. I must say I prefer the old ones aswell.

I shall do what I must
I am no Nilfgaardian
As you wish

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Absolutely, he's one of my favourite characters, a tragic hero, seen as a villain by most.

I always liked his card in Gwent, through all its different iterations... except the current one. I have to say it's interesting at least, but im not a fan of the whole boostgaard thing (yet)

@DRK3 I agree his ability was always great. Haven't tried his new version yet obviously but not sure if I like this NG boost thing either, sounds a bit clunky. But again, I haven't tried it yet.

I do however also like the fact that I will be able to build a deck around him and be kind of off meta, so looking forward to that.

@DRK3 I agree his ability was always great. Haven't tried his new version yet obviously but not sure if I like this NG boost thing either, sounds a bit clunky. But again, I haven't tried it yet.

I do however also like the fact that I will be able to build a deck around him and be kind of off meta, so looking forward to that.
After this thread, I created a deck around Cahir/BoostNG with Calveit as a leader (With Geralt, Shield Artifacts to boost enemies to bring them to 8+, Regis, etc.) Just to see if that deck will be viable. Won 50-50, but it was definitely fun to play. I deployed Cahir and the opponent played Emhyr and did Vesemir:Mentor twice and my Cahir got to 30 (+12 for each deployment s) points! Cooooool! And against a Arachas Queen who didn't have any counter to opponents play (or didn't draw); won because of Cahir!

After this thread, I created a deck around Cahir/BoostNG with Calveit as a leader (With Geralt, Shield Artifacts to boost enemies to bring them to 8+, Regis, etc.) Just to see if that deck will be viable. Won 50-50, but it was definitely fun to play. I deployed Cahir and the opponent played Emhyr and did Vesemir:Mentor twice and my Cahir got to 30 (+12 for each deployment s) points! Cooooool! And against a Arachas Queen who didn't have any counter to opponents play (or didn't draw); won because of Cahir!
That sounds great! How do you feel about Calveit as a leader as opposed to Emhyr? I'm thinking that Emhyr might be better to protect Cahir from getting removed straight away.

That sounds great! How do you feel about Calveit as a leader as opposed to Emhyr? I'm thinking that Emhyr might be better to protect Cahir from getting removed straight away.
How can Emhyr help to keep Cahir alive? Like.. if he gets locked, then take him out and resploying? I went with Calveit because if I don't have the counter for boosted enemies, Calviet can give a chance to get it.

This geek that died like a little b*tch?

Nope.

I'll prefer a Bonhart avatar. He was at least maybe the most OP non-sorcerer/mutant character in the books.
I would like to have both, tbh. But I understand what you're saying: Bonhart is simultaneously an ugly but fascinating character.
Post automatically merged:

anyone has Cahir quotes from Gwent ptr? i liked the voice actor more than the new one
If I recall it right, the original voice actor died in a car crash(?).

How can Emhyr help to keep Cahir alive? Like.. if he gets locked, then take him out and resploying? I went with Calveit because if I don't have the counter for boosted enemies, Calviet can give a chance to get it.
Nevermind, actually Calveit sounds better indeed. Going to try it out myself soon!
If I recall it right, the original voice actor died in a car crash(?).
Oh, he did? That is very sad news if it's true, didn't know. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran

Wait. Are you saying Cahir also triggers when the buff happens to cards on hand/deck and not just on board? Does that say in the description? That might make him even more interesting (i can also think of similar scenarios as vs deathwish decks when opponent uses fiend, or Filavandrel leader ability)

And yes, i've used my spider deck vs boostgaard, and it was humiliating putting opponents Cahir to over 50. The 2 perfect counters to my spider deck are: boostgaard (as i dont run locks or removal to stop Cahir) and Harald GS/Dagur (as i do a TON of self-damage with that deck, without their help)

But back to Cahir - i've seen him used together with Yennefer (boost), but even though at first seemed amazing, i then realized all it does is basically counter the buff of your enemies, so its just +2 on all your units, which can be amazing if you have many units on board, but only if Cahir doesnt get countered (high risk, mid reward, IMO). I've also seen Avallach's Immunizing Cahir, seems a truly valuable unit worthy of protecting, if i do a Cahir deck, it'll be with Avallach.

Top Bottom