Cahir can be a real pain

+

Guest 4395314

So I've already encountered plenty of players who run this guy and if you don't have Yrden, Igni or a massive control deck then this card will be the bane of your existence if you run at least a little bit of boosting which will nearly always be the case. And all that for nine provisions. Thoughts on him? I think this just shows how important it is to run a Geralt in your deck and (hopefully) end up drawing it....

He has always been one of my favorite cards (always have him in my decks). As a 98% nilfgaard player I can tell you from experience over the years he is such a high risk / high reward card.

It can be frustrating going against if you dont have a way to deal with him....but from my experience he normally doesnt last very long.

. Thunder smokes him
. Locks shut him down
. Gets moved to a different row
. Both geralts take him out

Unfortunately I have to be in the mindset and use him as a sacrifice or bait to disrupt the other players since he is such a high target.

I believe he is balanced at a good point with power 5 and having to be on melee row.

Guest 4395314

He has always been one of my favorite cards (always have him in my decks). As a 98% nilfgaard player I can tell you from experience over the years he is such a high risk / high reward card.

It can be frustrating going against if you dont have a way to deal with him....but from my experience he normally doesnt last very long.

. Thunder smokes him
. Locks shut him down
. Gets moved to a different row
. Both geralts take him out

Unfortunately I have to be in the mindset and use him as a sacrifice or bait to disrupt the other players since he is such a high target.

I believe he is balanced at a good point with power 5 and having to be on melee row.
Hahaha your name fits perfectly xD Just find him an interesting card which can easily be a hard counter for many decks if they didn't draw enough removal and your opponent even has a defender. Played Uprising and he just decided to camp behind Ffion and troll me with no way for my list to directly kill him, luckily I run Yrden instead of Baron ^^

Hahaha your name fits perfectly xD Just find him an interesting card which can easily be a hard counter for many decks if they didn't draw enough removal and your opponent even has a defender. Played Uprising and he just decided to camp behind Ffion and troll me with no way for my list to directly kill him, luckily I run Yrden instead of Baron ^^

I've read most of the books and by far he has been one of my favorite characters throughout the series :)

That's exactly what I have to do as well. Pair him up with Ffion. Even so that's not always guaranteed as I've noticed lately I'm running into a lot of Yrden. :)

I also forgot to mention in my list he is virtually a dead card against SK and some Monster decks that focus on just dealing damage.

Guest 4395314

I've read most of the books and by far he has been one of my favorite characters throughout the series :)

That's exactly what I have to do as well. Pair him up with Ffion. Even so that's not always guaranteed as I've noticed lately I'm running into a lot of Yrden. :)

I also forgot to mention in my list he is virtually a dead card against SK and some Monster decks that focus on just dealing damage.
Really have to read these books as well, at least I played all three games and watched the series...against which Skellige is he bad? Greatswords should be fun for him ^^

Guest 4395314

Well at least when Cahir is on the board NG might let your engines live for once ;)
True, just to be vattiered in the last round xD😉
Post automatically merged:

I have this view on cahir as well. If you don't happen to have a counter to Cahir and your opponent plays it, it is mostly likely game over for you
Yeah, an incredibly scary card, goes to show you how important the inclusion of at least some control into your deck is

Really have to read these books as well, at least I played all three games and watched the series...against which Skellige is he bad? Greatswords should be fun for him ^^

I'd say SK just in general since most of my encounters with them focus on damage and not boosting. Even with greatsword it can be tricky to set him up without getting nuked.

While Cahir is probably not overpowered (even with an active defender, he has several counters that are good in almost any deck — and most are either cheaper or inflict more hurt than on just Cahir), I do believe him to be a very poor card for the game.

The problem is that he is a virtual auto win against any deck based upon growth unless countered. But, as Gwent is a collectable card game, it should not be assumed that these counters (which are generally legendary cards) are owned by all players. It is relatively cheap to craft one card you really want; it is not reasonable to expect players to craft legendary counters to every auto win card potential opponents might have.

Top Bottom