Cahir is busted

+
Is this broken piece of Op meant to buff himself when cards in the opponents HAND?!

Seems a bit busted and not WAI.

Like a lot of stuff I'm finding.

Like dudu not working on shielded units.

Or random effect order at the end of the turn.

An enemy in the enemy hand is still an enemy. And he boosts himself whenever an enemy is boosted.
The real question is, what happens in a Cahir mirror? Does it generate an infinte loop?

Never used to be that way, as it is completely nonsense. However you do raise an interesting point, that further prooves CDPR have stopped bothering to balance things before release.
Post automatically merged:

Also this raises the further question. Why doesn't it work the same for Xavier? A unit in the hand is still the unit, right?

Last edited:
Never used to be that way, as it is completely nonsense. However you do raise an interesting point, that further prooves CDPR have stopped bothering to balance things before release.
Post automatically merged:

Also this raises the further question. Why doesn't it work the same for Xavier? A unit in the hand is still the unit, right?

Cahir was this way for months and no one complained.

And which Xavier do you mean? Xavier Lemmens? Xavier Moran? The first interacts with cards from graveyard. The second gets buffed additional for every buff.

Honestly how many games have people lost vs Cahir since homecoming? I've had an opponent boost deck with Calveit since then and I try to optimize it every time there is an update, just cause I find it fun to play, but it never got that good (maybe I just didn't do it right). Non immune Cahir gets easily disabled, either removed, moved, locked, tall unit removal, reset... At the beginning of homecoming, he was always scorched or igni-ed. Now Yrden. He was good with regis draining boosts, who now is nerfed on order, and also on melee row so sensible to yrden...
If you let him untouched or immune and you have a boost deck, yeah, you're f***ed but that happens with a lot of cards.

I guess my point is he is not that used, and is one of the few fun option if you want to play Nilfgaard in an "original" way (not full locks/seize/tactics).
My other point is: if one person manages to get him to work, like other very rarely used cards, let him have some good times before it becomes a net deck that everybody copies (when it actually becomes annoying) until it's nerfed to oblivion XD

Except that would be the wrong reason, if the melee requirement would be removed it still won't work because as a general rule abilities aren't enabled if the card is not in play.

Yeah, such as a host of other cards.

Rule of thumb used to be that a 'unit' is something on the board. Obviously that and a host of other stuff went out the window when they got desperate to push content out so as not to seem shy of hearthcoming.

But don't worry about it, you might as well close the thread now as I've uninstalled the game again. For good this time. If all the new stuff can't keep my attention for more than 30 hours out of the 560 I have (500 in alpha-beta) then nothing ever will.

Honestly how many games have people lost vs Cahir since homecoming? I've had an opponent boost deck with Calveit since then and I try to optimize it every time there is an update, just cause I find it fun to play, but it never got that good (maybe I just didn't do it right). Non immune Cahir gets easily disabled, either removed, moved, locked, tall unit removal, reset... At the beginning of homecoming, he was always scorched or igni-ed. Now Yrden.

During the challenge I've used a Cahir-Yennefer soldier swarm with quite success (rank 0). You use Cahir in last say with Calveit to pull Yennefer to make a big point swing. The main problem is that you need last say, without overcommiting in round 1. But the deck is balanced enough to be good even without the combo.

cahir.PNG

Nice! Yeah, I never used Cahir as just a finisher. I mean I did, with yen also, but I had renew in my deck so I could also use it in round 1. I had Regis when he was better. One master of disguise (he usually gets stopped but it's funny to make him work) and Rainfarn. I havn't updated it since the Nilfgaard update though

@ Moderators: I used the search function, but this specific aspect of Cahir is NOT covered anywhere.

In all those months it never ocurred to me that Cahir is boosted even when the card is on hand, not on the board. I was very surprised. There was a discussion not long ago, that cards shouldn't have influence on cards on hand (like Kambi, for example, or this "down to 1 str"-guy). I think that should be the case as well the other way round. Cahir should only be boosted by cards on the board, not in hand.

Thoughts?

i think a have to try a deck like this. i have never been a big fan of the nilfgard denial package, but this actually sounds like fun :)

Top Bottom