call me sad but ....

+
I used to do this back when I first started playing MMOs. I would get bored and start following around guards to see what they did.

Only doing it as an experiment to see how good it is lol I have heard so many people say that the game feels alive with people doing normal things like working and stuff. Always been interested in AI like that :)

---------- Updated at 05:23 PM ----------

Too bad you're sad, butt.

:huh:

Some people call us RPG gamers sad butts
:( Do you listen to them? I don't :)

I think oblivion (elder scrolls IV) was the first game where I saw AI scripting for NPCs that was just about living their lives. I find that this attention to detail is something you don't normally notice but its inclusion to a open world game makes the world seem that much more real. Immersion becomes that much easier to achieve all because of a mechanic that most of the time you wont notice on a conscious level.

I used to do this back when I first started playing MMOs. I would get bored and start following around guards to see what they did.

I did this too. Or pretending to be a NPC. (Really. Once I found NPCs standing in a line, so I went waiting there too, and watched other players' reactions. Quite funny. You could see them think about what they're looking at.)

I think oblivion (elder scrolls IV) was the first game where I saw AI scripting for NPCs that was just about living their lives. I
Nope. The Ultima games of old did that long before anyone had even dreamed of Oblivion.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice the "I saw"-part. But yeah, NPCs with scripted lives has been with us for a long time, now.

Yeah I know its been Jere for a while, but still find it very important in a virtual world. Being an artist, its alway the little details that interest me :)

Frankly the little details means more than the bigger details to me.

Main reason is that if the little details are made with great work it shows how much time the person used to make that little detail really great. Kind of have respect for these people more than the ones who are working on the huge details.

I think the real sad time will come in a few months after the game's release, when we finished the game and discussed over everything and kinda don't have a reason to enter this lovely forum(I think we are one of the best communities) so much. Thank god there are the expansions coming :D

Like at night, if you follow someone home, will they just stand there awake all night, or go to bed. The little details lol

Top Bottom