Call of Cthulhu

+
Call of Cthulhu

I've come across this a couple times now, and weary as I am of the source material being mishandled and of the liberality with which the term 'RPG' gets tossed around these days, I confess I am excited. I find Lovecraft, and the weird fiction pulp writers of the early 20th century, are underappreciated. They may not have been the best writers in a technical sense, but they more than make up for it with their imagination, not to mention their roughness has a charm of its own. I had hoped, and still do, that CDPR would go to Lovecraft, Howard, and/or Smith for their next big fantasy project, but this will have to suffice in the meantime.

This game is supposedly based both on the Cthulhu Mythos itself and on the tabletop RPG, which if true would be a good sign. There are clear references to The Shadow over Innsmouth in the trailer, so it appears they are drawing from more than one just story. Yet again, my biggest concern is that they'll skimp on the RPG elements, which would drastically reduce my interest in the game. Still, the company also made the Game of Thrones RPG, from which I've heard good things. I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom